Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

10.22.09 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

GEORGE LYNCH Completes Work On Album Of DOKKEN/LYNCH MOB Remakes - Nov. 21, 2002

Former DOKKEN guitarist George Lynch has commenced the mixing process for the as-yet-untitled an album of current remakes of DOKKEN and LYNCH MOB songs, which he recently recorded with the help of ex-DOKKEN and current L/P bassist Jeff Pilson (who sings on the DOKKEN tunes) and ex-LYNCH MOB frontman Robert Mason (who handles the LYNCH MOB material).

"We are almost finished mixing the LYNCH MOB/DOKKEN remake CD and it sounds awesome," Lynch stated via his official web site. "I can't tell you how excited I am for all of you to hear it. We had a lot of different ideas about using different people to sing and play bass on the tracks but once Robert Mason and Anthony Esposito became involved it became clear that we needed to look no further. Fro played drums on all of the tracks and everyone's performance is simply amazing. The CD is being co-produced by myself, [manager] Ron Rutledge and Dave Reed who is the chief engineer at Henson [Studios] and has worked with many artists including KISS, STONE TEMPLE PILOTS, and Robben Ford. The end result is the songs are heavier than the originals with a lot of attitude."

The full track listing for the album is as follows:

01. Tooth And Nail
    02. Tangled In The Web
    03. All I Want
    04. Kiss Of Death
    05. Cold Is The Heart
    06. River Of Love
    07. Wicked Sensation
    08. She's Evil But She's Mine
    09. When Darkness Calls
    10. The Secret
    11. Breaking The Chains
    12. Paris Is Burning

An early 2003 release through Cleopatra Records is expected.

In other news, Lynch recently took on new management in the shape of the aforementioned Rutledge. "Ron has over 25 years experience in the music industry," said George. "Starting out in the mid seventies working for a local (Los Angeles) sound reinforcement company mixing live shows for the likes of VAN HALEN, MOTLEY CRUE, and my own early bands 'THE BOYZ' and 'EXCITER'. For the last 8 years Ron has been the Studio Manager for Henson (formerly A&M) Recording Studios where I currently have a production room. We have been working very closely together for the last few months and with Ron's help I have been able to fully concentrate on writing and playing, something which I haven't been able to do in a while, the results of which you will be able to hear over the next few months."

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up
    Last Online

01.23.09 @ 11:26 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Now THIS should be some cool shit!
    Plstrcast everywhere else, Smudge NYC here.. so kiss my arse!<br /><br /><a href="http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smudgenyc" target="_blank">http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smudgenyc</a>

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

02.23.12 @ 12:14 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I like George Lynch as much as the next guy, but why not come up with some NEW songs?

Actually, this will probably prove to be a pretty cool project if you're a fan.

BTW, SMUDGE NYC: I have thoroughly perused your posts here at the Links and have reached the conclusion that your spelling has markedly improved since the Dome days. Congratulations!
    "There goes the greatest hitter who ever lived..."

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up
    Last Online

01.23.09 @ 11:26 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by Ted Williams:
    I like George Lynch as much as the next guy, but why not come up with some NEW songs?

Actually, this will probably prove to be a pretty cool project if you're a fan.

BTW, SMUDGE NYC: I have thoroughly perused your posts here at the Links and have reached the conclusion that your spelling has markedly improved since the Dome days. Congratulations!
    Wel, thatkn yu veru mich! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    Plstrcast everywhere else, Smudge NYC here.. so kiss my arse!<br /><br /><a href="http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smudgenyc" target="_blank">http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smudgenyc</a>

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Unlike Van Halen, Dokken's weak point was the singer. This might be cool. Either way, it will be nice to have George out of dry-dock again.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Last Online

12.11.17 @ 06:55 PM
    Liked 183 Times in 80 Posts

Don Dokken HAD a great voice, but he has worn it out with smoking and drinking. It is still good, but he strains quite a bit now...Don's real weak point is his attitude.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Women Down
    Favorite VH Song

Chicken Feet for Breakfast
    Last Online

07.11.09 @ 03:27 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

dokken was just weak, period.
    The days of listening to 4 minutes of a crap
    song for some mediocre shred solo are
    gone for a reason.
    come up with sumthin' relevent, george.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 08:40 PM
    Liked 11,570 Times in 4,933 Posts

What's wrong with Dokken? They had some decent stuff, it's not the greatest, but I liked some of their stuff.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Last Online

10.22.09 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Dokken were great up until John Kalonder reuntited them for some easy cashola with Columbia for their "Dysfunctional" CD. From there, they tried to copy the then-current trend of sounding alternative and it failed miserably. (Too High To Fly wasn't too bad, though.) I think the problem of George vs. Don was that their egos were too big for each other. I met Lynch at a guitar store when Dokken were opening for Bon Jovi (during their reunion-route) and he was such a bitch, crying and complaining about how Bon Jovi were fucking them over with things such as their performing time, dressing rooms, etc. Bon Jovi have always been gracious to bands that open for them. Dokken were spoiled back in the 80's on their tours and it's killing a person like Lynch that they were basically having to start over from scratch. They should've signed on for one of those Hair Band Package deals instead!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 08:40 PM
    Liked 11,570 Times in 4,933 Posts

Oh I wouldn't even think of listening to that shit they put out in the 90's, I've heard it's horrible wanna-be grunge that sucks. But "Tooth and Nail," "Under Lock and Key," and "Back For The Attack" are pretty good records. Yeah there's some cheesy shit I don't care for, but Lynch can play and there's some good rockin' shit on those albums. No it's not the heaviest stuff ever recorded, but most 80's stuff wasn't.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dirty Movies
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 08:12 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by Ted Williams:
    FYI...
    George does have a album coming out with Jeff Pilson (Dokken) and this same drummer, Fro. Its all new material and the short clips I've heard sound great. Its due out sometime in early 2003. I think the project is called L/P. Meanwhile George is supposidly also working on a new solo album.

Just found mp3s of Tangled in the Web and Tooth & Nail from this upcoming album/project at:
    http://www.georgelynch.com/html/inthestudio.html

[ November 26, 2002, 09:46 AM: Message edited by: Steely ]
    "If at first you don't understand Van Halen's music, crank up the volume."
    -Washington Post, April, 1980

Last Online

12.11.17 @ 06:55 PM
    Liked 183 Times in 80 Posts

Brett, you may have "heard" what was said about the '90's albums, but most of that is not true. "Dysfuntional" is an experimental CD, yes, but it is still Dokken and it is NOT grunge. It is actually my second favorite album by the group. The heavier songs are rippin' and the softer songs are totally different than any band was doing at the time. You may be hearing about "Shadowlife," which was all pretty much written by George in his totally experimental mode...Not to mention the record label hired a grunge producer. Don had nothing to do with it and he sounds so bored throughout the record. The stuff doesn't sound like Dokken at all. That album, along with arguments between the guitarist and singer, is why George left. 1999's "Erase the Slate" with Reb Beach is my favorite album by Dokken...even without Lynch! It, by far, has the most energy and the riffs are killer. Don't judge stuff until you hear it.

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member
    Originally posted by NOaverageJOE:
    1999's "Erase the Slate" with Reb Beach is my favorite album by Dokken...even without Lynch! It, by far, has the most energy and the riffs are killer. Don't judge stuff until you hear it.
    No question that's one burly cd. Have you seen the live DVD that they put out called Live from the sun? Very cool indeed. Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.