Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, FWYS
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Since the WB/VH split there has been a lot of talk around here about a VH box set, and what would be in it. Well it appears that the Stones are going to release a career spanning box set this year. And I know there a few Stones fans around here like Ford, Glenn, Rikk, Loons and Billy 007, I was wondering what you guys would like to see included.

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 05:32 AM
    Liked 1,351 Times in 927 Posts

I don't know if it will be "career spanning" - I imagine it will be from '71 on. Anyway, I wouldn't mind seeing something similar to what they did with The London Years with all the a-sides and b-sides of singles, and then maybe an extra disc of rarities type stuff. Failing that, it must at least include non-album b-sides like "Through The Lonely Night", "Beast Of Burden (live)", "Think I'm Going Mad", "Fancy Man Blues", "Cook Cook Blues", "2000 Light Years From Home (live)" and any others I might not be aware of. Also like to see "C**ksucker Blues" on there, the 12" version of "Miss You", the extended version of "She Was Hot" that WNEW used to play when I was in college (long piano fadeout) that as far as I know was never released. Some live versions of songs that haven't made it to any of their multitude of live albums. Any worthwhile unreleased stuff they have laying around.

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

they can leave Rock and Roll Circus off also, a true Stones fan already has it. the local station plays the Miss You remix, and i can never get it on tape when they do, so i'd like that to be on there. maybe some of the newer B-sides, like the live Live With Me or Jump On Top Of Me. doesn't matter what they put on there, i'll buy it regardless. anyone get the Wingless Angels disc? it's a bunch of reggae guys that hang out at Keith's place in Jamaica, he produced it. kinda mellow.
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, FWYS
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by billy007:
    I don't know if it will be "career spanning" - I imagine it will be from '71 on. Anyway, I wouldn't mind seeing something similar to what they did with The London Years with all the a-sides and b-sides of singles, and then maybe an extra disc of rarities type stuff. Failing that, it must at least include non-album b-sides like "Through The Lonely Night", "Beast Of Burden (live)", "Think I'm Going Mad", "Fancy Man Blues", "Cook Cook Blues", "2000 Light Years From Home (live)" and any others I might not be aware of. Also like to see "C**ksucker Blues" on there, the 12" version of "Miss You", the extended version of "She Was Hot" that WNEW used to play when I was in college (long piano fadeout) that as far as I know was never released. Some live versions of songs that haven't made it to any of their multitude of live albums. Any worthwhile unreleased stuff they have laying around.
    Billy,

You are probably right, but I did read there were talks between Virgin and Allen Klein about the pre-'71 material. It could just be talk.

Twonabomber,

I dont have the Wingless Angels, you recommend it? Both of you have good thoughts. Of course B-sides can be easily bootlegged in good sound quality. I have one called more collectibles 89-94, that has all the Steel Wheels, Flashpoint and Voodoo Lounge B-sides. It has Jump on Top of Me, 2000 Light Years from Home, Cook Cook Blues, and Undercover of the Night among others. Would you guys be opposed to a disc of rare live club gigs? Of course no matter what's on it, like Twonabomber says I will buy it.

[ February 07, 2002 at 10:02 AM: Message edited by: dog ]</p>

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I'm a Stones fan, but really only of their official work, I've never gotten into the unreleased material. I've heard Cocksucker Blues and a few extended mixes, but that's about it.

Dog, I also heard that there have been talks to include the 60's material in the set. Guess we'll have to wait and see. Anybody know when this is supposed to be released?

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, FWYS
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Glenn:
    I'm a Stones fan, but really only of their official work, I've never gotten into the unreleased material. I've heard Cocksucker Blues and a few extended mixes, but that's about it.

Dog, I also heard that there have been talks to include the 60's material in the set. Guess we'll have to wait and see. Anybody know when this is supposed to be released?
    Glenn,

I hear fall 2002, timed around the start of the tour. You might be the perfect candidate for this type of release. Does the unreleased stuff interest you? Or would you rather see more or less a repackaging of hits and live cuts?

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Originally posted by dog:
    You might be the perfect candidate for this type of release. Does the unreleased stuff interest you? Or would you rather see more or less a repackaging of hits and live cuts?
    I'd like to see the whole thing be rare material, unrealistic as that is. I can always go and buy any Stones album (though I already have most of them) for $15. Give me 3 to 5 cd's of rare cuts and I'll be the first in line.

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 05:32 AM
    Liked 1,351 Times in 927 Posts

If there is any pre-1971 stuff I hope it's all rarities as I have all the London albums and I have all the hits from those albums on Big Hits (High Tide And Green Grass) and Through The Past Darkly, Hot Rocks and More Hot Rocks and then The London Years - how many more times do I need "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" and "Jumping Jack Flash"?
    As for the singles B-sides - I'm sure they are available in bootleg - but since many of them were not issued as CDs, then those bootlegs were probably made from the vinyl releases, which I already have. I want those songs on CD!

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

the Wingless Angels thing is pretty much what i call "sleepy-time" music, a lot of vocals, not a lot of instruments, real Jamaican music. defintely not plugged in and loud. it's cool though. i'd say it was a pet project of Keith's, just like the Pipes of Pan was for Brian Jones.
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Count me into the list of people who like The Stones. Love their work. got a lot of their albums. A Stones boxset sounds damn intruiging to me!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

I know Pasedena Murdoch is also a Stones fan!

~BC
    "Sorry about the mess..."<br /><br />~Han Solo Episode IV

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I'm hoping the Stones box will be similar to the Beatles Anthology, where even the familiar songs are unfamiliar versions. For example, it's gonna be great to finally hear a decent quality recording of the original version of Brown Sugar, which was recorded at Olympic Studios on Dec 18, 1969 (Keith's birthday) with Eric Clapton on lead guitar. Hopefully some of the stuff they recorded in Paris for the Some Girls album will surface...., like the original demo for Start Me up, which was more of a reggae song originally.

Fuck, there are literally hundreds of Stones boots out there. They can't possibly make that box set big enough for me!
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

BTW, does anyone know if that damn album with the Stones & John Phillips was ever "officially" released?
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Originally posted by FORD:
    it's gonna be great to finally hear a decent quality recording of the original version of Brown Sugar, which was recorded at Olympic Studios on Dec 18, 1969 (Keith's birthday) with Eric Clapton on lead guitar.
    I've got a recording sessions guide that shows the original Brown Sugar as being recorded on December 1, 1969 at Muscle Shoals. It says the infamous birthday (also Bobby Keys' birthday) recording of Brown Sugar was actually on December 18, 1970.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, FWYS
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by FORD:
    BTW, does anyone know if that damn album with the Stones & John Phillips was ever "officially" released?
    Ford,

Yes it was. It's called Pay, Pack and Follow. Amazon has it. I've never heard anything off of it. Keith Richards plays on every track, Jagger sings on 4, Ron Wood plays bass on 4, and Mick Taylor plays guitar on 4 tracks according to the reviews.

Good call on the big hit songs. I would not mind some if they were alternate or rare live versions. But I agree with consenus that I want to hear unreleased tracks. It's not like the Stones dont have tons of them. Anybody here ever heard the song "Claudine"? It's a track from the late 70's, it would be great to hear a cleaned uo version on the box. It was never released because it was a true story about the model Claudine Longet who allegedy killed her skiing champion husband in Aspen. Love th hear that and their fucking around cover of "Tallahassie Lassie" from the same time period.

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

ALL OF THIM
    Favorite VH Song

EVERYTHING SEP HOW MENY SAY I
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I love the Stones just like Denis Leary says"Stones all the time,night and day!".I got some of the B-sids Billy007 was talking about like THE STORM and SO YOUNG & COOK COOK BLUES & FANCY MAN BLUES & WISH I,D NEVER MET YOU & the 12ich MISS YOU all on CD not CD-R. I would like to see thim when thay go on tour. [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]
    "I Want The Best! Of Both Worlds!<br />AAAAAAWWWWWWWWW-Van Halen Live With Out A Net.