Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

10.22.09 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

RUSH recently completed their 66-date 2002 tour with three dates in Brazil, the first time the band have performed in that country. The three Brazilian shows drew over 125,000 people with the Sao Paulo date having over 60,000 in attendance, the largest crowd that Rush has ever played to. The band's show in Rio was recorded and is in the process of being edited for release on DVD. The release date for this DVD, which will also include some behind the scenes footage, will be announced shortly. Also scheduled for release is a new compilation CD entitled The Spirit of Radio: Greatest Hits: 1974-1987, available on February 11, 2003.

Last Online

03.29.06 @ 01:41 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I love Rush and I'm really looking forward to the DVD, but for the love of God, isn't 4 live CDs and now 4 greatest hits CDs just a little bit of overkill? [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img]
    Let's see, who's their manager again?
    "You guys never forced your babysitter to put her dirty feet all over your back-bottom while you handled up onto a tattered quilt?" - Fake Greggo
    "I like to put peaches in my panties and dance around until my knees bleed, Chuck." - Fake Billy Tubbs

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Best Of (cop out answer)
    Favorite VH Song

A Year To The Day
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

The live albums I don't mind but the Greatest Hits thing is just stupid. Isn't there another GH album devoted specifically to the period that this new one covers?
    "Right Now.....Mike is thinking about a solo project."<br /><br />"Victory has a thousand fathers. Defeat is an orphan."

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Rush had nothing to do with this latest Greatest Hits release. Mercury records or whoever owns them now, release a greatest hits collection every few years. First it was Chronicles, then Hits 1 and 2 and now a single CD. If you notice, these collections end at HYF-when they jumped to Atlantic Records. Money for nothing for Mercury.

Latest rumor on DVD is late March.

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

10.15.08 @ 02:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Anyone heard about the old Rush concert stuff hitting DVD? Melodicrock said Atlantic was working on the releases almost a year ago. No word about anything yet. I think you can get all the old stuff on dvd in Brazil, at least it's on ebay. Don't know if the quality is as good as the domestic release would be.

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by BrownSound5150:
    Anyone heard about the old Rush concert stuff hitting DVD? Melodicrock said Atlantic was working on the releases almost a year ago. No word about anything yet. I think you can get all the old stuff on dvd in Brazil, at least it's on ebay. Don't know if the quality is as good as the domestic release would be.
    I've heard late 2003 for the old concert stuff on DVD.

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning or VH3... it varies.
    Favorite VH Song

too many to count... I\'m diggin\' Can\'t Get This Stuff No More right now.
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This DVD will be awesome. I don't give a shit about the latest greatest hits album; I never buy them anyway. As for the live albums, I say bring 'em on! Rush are one of the best live groups out there IMO, a lot of the songs sound better live!
    "The common thing on governments as an institution is: they're all bad worldwide. It might be the only thing that binds all nations together: the incompetence of their governments. Look at the people who have been president in the US so far... could I DO ANY WORSE?"<br /> <br />~ Frank Zappa