Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube

Thread: Hey Brett

I noticed some pics of you playing guitar and they are pretty cool . Are you still in a band ? If you are what would be a typical setlist of songs that you play ? Can you play any Van Halen songs on guitar ? I used to play drums in a band and we really tore Somebody Get Me A Doctor up

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

10.21.16 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 7,764 Times in 3,266 Posts

Hey Ed, yep still in the same band.

We do mostly original material in our sets, but throw in a few covers as well.

I can play tons of VH, almost all of the DLR era, but my bandmates don't know the songs note by note, so I wind up having to teach them if we're going to play a VH tune. Our singer also plays guitar, so we if we're going to play a VH song live, we usually play something that will work on two guitars.

VH covers we have done live:

"Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love"
    "Runnin' With The Devil"
    "You Really Got Me"

I mean I play VH all the time, but my bandmates aren't diehard fans, so we never have a VH-fest or something. We cover lots of bands and have done stuff from, Maiden, Sabbath, Ozzy, The Beatles, Motley Crue, Offspring, Helmet, AC/DC, The Monkees. Mostly originals though.

I'd love to play "Somebody Get Me A Doctor," but our singer can't really scream like Dave and normally he likes to play guitar, and that song only works really with one guitar.

Webmaster - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide

Sounds like a cool band Brett Do you know how to play Paranoid or War Pigs ? Those are some cool ass jams What I thought would be a cool Van Halen song to play on guitar would be Pouncake , or the intro to When It's Love , the way Ed plays it on Live RHRN . BTW , does anyone else here at links play in a band ??

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it Later
    Last Online

01.07.12 @ 10:23 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'll go over to HOP's house and will jam. He can play, off the top of my head, Paranoid, ATBL, Humans Being, YRGM, Judgement Day, The Last Rebel, Stairway, Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You, and Crazy Train. Of course that's just off the top of my head, I know he can play more, I'm just not thinking of them.

Right Now..... you need to Eat Us And Smile!!!

"A good friend of mine used to say, 'This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains.' Think about that for a while." Nuke LaLoosh