Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

10.29.09 @ 12:50 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

What are some of the other bands you've picked up on more lately? Even when VH was active, I'd listen to bands like Pink Floyd, U2, Def Leppard, and so on. Since their hiatus (if that's what it's called), I've picked up MORE on:

Incubus (their lead singer has some pipes...good guitarist too)

Live - Live totally rocks. I was into them more in highschool, but listening to some of those CDs lately, and they rock!

The Offspring - Same deal as Live. Once I heard the new song for Orange County, I busted out some CDs again.

Three cool bands. Incubus is fairly cool. But Live and Offspring are two bands from the grunge era that I actually think were cool then, and are still cool now!
    CHICAGO WHITE SOX - 2005 WORLD CHAMPIONS

The Chicago White Sox (1901-present) - The Original SOX - Proof

The Boston Americans (1901)
    The Boston Somersets (1902)
    The Boston Pilgrims (1903-1906)
    The Boston Red Sox (1907-present) - Proof

The Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets whatever you want to call them, have NEVER displayed "SOX" anywhere on their caps, jerseys, or merchandise, therefore they shouldn't be referred to as such. However, the White Sox have used "SOX" since 1912.

The SOX are in Chicago...we just allow the Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets to use the name.

2007 Fantasy Football Champion

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I've gotten into bands like Tool, Godmsack, Sevendust, and Fuel since VH has been silent. I'm also starting to like Staind a litte bit. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Lately I've taken to a bit of a pattern.

About once every three months I sit down, pour over radio playlists for modern rock and adult top 40 (top 40 minus the prefab pop crap) radio stations to see what new songs are in rotation. I burn a CD with about 18 or so of those.

When a CD from a band I know puts out quality work comes out, I'll rush out and buy it.

I also like to keep an eye out for CDs from new acts being advertised real cheap, download their songs, and see if it's worth listening to. I've picked up 3 Doors Down, Puddle of Mudd, Five for Fighting, the original Staind album, Default, and Hoobastank, all for under $8.00 doing this.
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."