Register
    Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

"Romeo Delight" & "Cabo Wabo"
    Last Online

09.21.15 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

So I'm watching my Ozzy "Live At Budokan" DVD, the absolutely *best* shot live DVd I have ever seen (the video quality is unsurpassed in any live DVD I have watched), and thru the tears (I miss Japan, okay?) I can't help but notice that I caught several moments where it appears Ozzy is lip-syncing.

I skipped the disc back, watched the segments again, and once again I am convinced that I've seen several moments where Ozzy is either lip-syncing, or singing to a backing track.

During "Crazy Train" he has the mic on the right side of his face, yet his face is turned the other way and his vocals are clearly heard as though he's singing right into the mic. Other times, when he's jumping up and down in front of the mic, his mouth is away from it yet you can hear his vocals, again, as though he's standing perfectly still in front of it.

My wife asked me at the Ozzfest gig at Blockbuster last year if he was lip-syncing, but I told her I didn't think so because where we were seated there was a bit of a delay in the audio going back that far. But now I'm starting to wonder.
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

"This is a lttle prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this: Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen. ."

"I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."

-George Carlin 1937 - 2008

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Yeah, I've noticed that on the DVD as well. I don't know about lip-synching, but you can tell just from looking at it the video that it's been doctored in the vocal department. It would be interesting to hear a bootleg of that same show to compare it.

Also, there's several parts of the show where you can tell that Ozzy is just STARING at a tele-prompter with the lyrics!

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, VH, WACF, Balance, 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street, H4T, I\'m the One, Romeo
    Last Online

12.26.07 @ 04:47 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Kickass DVD there,
    I miss Japan too~

Though I haven't realised the Lip-synching bit.
    Wouldn't mind watching it again for the 53rd time.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 928 Times in 555 Posts

I agree with Glenn , I`m sure his vocals were cleaned up quite a bit for that DVD , I doubt he was lip syhncing . Great DVD , Zakk kicks ass [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]
    You may think I`m being mean but I`m really just being sarcastic

Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

"Romeo Delight" & "Cabo Wabo"
    Last Online

09.21.15 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Glenn:
    Yeah, I've noticed that on the DVD as well. I don't know about lip-synching, but you can tell just from looking at it the video that it's been doctored in the vocal department. It would be interesting to hear a bootleg of that same show to compare it.
    Ask, and ye shall receive:

CD Shop Gold
    Shinjuku, Japan

OZZY OSBOURNE
    "GET UNDER MY SKIN 02"
    BUDOKAN 02.02.15 (2CDR) BELIEVER
    BOOT
    5900 Yen

http://www.cd-gold.co.jp
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

"This is a lttle prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this: Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen. ."

"I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."

-George Carlin 1937 - 2008