Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

http://www.rocklineradio.com/

ROBERT PLANT WILL BE AT WLVQ IN COLUMBUS, OHIO, SO THE WEBCAM WILL NOT BE ON THIS TIME!

August 28, 2002

Coming up Wednesday on Rockline we are very excited to give you this rare opportunity to speak live on the air with famed Led Zeppelin frontman Robert Plant! Thirty-four years ago, Robert Plant was living in Birmingham and oscillating between two careers: trainee accountant and aspiring psychedelic rocker in a Love-infatuated local band called Hobbstweedle. One day in 1968, Jimmy Page turned up on his doorstep and spirited him away to Valhalla. Led Zeppelin were formed, and the rest is very "heavy" history, with the legends turning out such classics as "Black Dog," "Over the Hills and Far Away," "Rock & Roll," "Stairway to Heaven," "Whole Lotta Love," "Ramble On," "Kashmir" and countless others. Now, Robert Plant has released his seventh solo album, Dreamland,out July 16th. Most of the album's 11 songs are covers, and many are pleasant surprises - like Bob Dylan's "One More Cup of Coffee" and Tim Buckley's "Song to the Siren," which is threaded with spine-tingling Middle Eastern-tinged guitar work of Porl Thompson, formerly of the Cure. Strange Sensation, Plant's backing band on several tours over the past half decade, alternate between moody subtleties (a tense version of "Morning Dew," a much-covered tune made most famous by the Grateful Dead) and adrenalized garage-rock (represented by a tough take on the Jimi Hendrix's "Hey Joe"). Plant's vocals glide between a low-key purr (on "One More Cup of Coffee") and his trademark blues yowl (a radical revamp of "Big Boy" Crudup's "Train Fare Blues"). Since his split with Jimmy Page on the Page/Plant project, Plant has been as busy as ever, and now that Dreamland is finally in stores, the whole world will be able to see him perform his new material as he is currently opening for the Who. Don't miss this extremely rare opportunity to speak with with one of rock's biggest stars, Wednesday on Rockline
    "I'm not as think as you drunk I am."

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

In A Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That is a very long post and I'm not sure what it has to do with Van Halen but... (EDIT - I didn't notice this was a thread about other artists, sorry!!!!)

I LOVE Robert Plant and no matter how old (and a little bit sad) he gets I will always love him. [img]smile.gif[/img] It's so horrible that these guys have to get old (and even sadder that they want us to watch). I hope he keeps it for a little while longer.

[ August 26, 2002, 02:17 PM: Message edited by: MeanWhiteRabbit ]