Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can\'t This Be Love
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

According to the latest Soundscan numbers(via Metal Sludge) "Not 4 Sale" has now topped 30000 units and "Exit Elvis" has only sold a little over 2000 since it came out two months ago.(I bought TOJ, but I live in Canada so it doesn't count in these numbers)
    It's a sad, sad world.

Metal Sludge December Scan
    Right now, rock n' roll needs a swift kick in the...<br /><br />"Gimme a bottle o' anything... and a glazed donut... to go!"

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Yeah, I saw that earlier today. The Hagar one isn't great, but it'll obviously trickle it's way up to a semi-respectable figure that is about on par with what a guy like Sammy can expect. And I imagine if Sammy's distribution was better, and he'd released it before or during the Dave tour it would have helped a lot.

But the Tribe one is abysmal. Of course, the mention was made on several occasions that Gary was shopping this product to labels, and when Spitfire was chosen, you just knew it wasn't going to do too well. It doesn't help that the group isn't on tour as far as I know.

I hope if Dave releases a new record, the distribution is handled better than this, and that he tries to push the new material on tour.

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can\'t This Be Love
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Oddly enough, as far as distribution goes, when I was in the States about a month ago, both record stores I checked out had Not 4 Sale. One of them was Shopko(?!) which was the last place I would have expected to have it.
    Spitfire releases aren't all that hard to find it's just that the company is pretty bad when it comes to marketing and promotion.

A little ways down this page there's a good bit on Spitfire and how they've kinda failed.
    Antimusic.com

Edit:
    Spitfire is backed up by EMI distibution in Canada.(as far as I can tell)

[ December 21, 2002, 11:47 PM: Message edited by: 5150guy ]
    Right now, rock n' roll needs a swift kick in the...<br /><br />"Gimme a bottle o' anything... and a glazed donut... to go!"

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

05.18.09 @ 11:19 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Spitfire's totally disappointing when it comes to marketing and promotion, that's for sure. TOJ's a damn good record but nobody knows about them except for people who either live in New England or browse these and the Cherone.com boards, it seems like. Doesn't help that TOJ's tour is still pretty limited, with maybe three shows booked in the New England area. Hopefully they'll get out and start touring more of the States soon - I for one would love to see 'em. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    I'm one of those crazies on your block.

writing

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've seen N4S in most places, I'd expect to see it, some have 7-13 copies still gathering dust.

I haven't seen 1 TOJ disc, even in the indie record stores where I'd figure they'd have 1-2 copies.
    LIGHT 'EM UP!! <br />Smoke 'em if you got 'em!<br /><br /><a href="http://vhstrungout.com" target="_blank">StrungOut</a> Administrator<br /><a href="http://ClassicVanHalen.com" target="_blank">ClassicVH</a> / <a href="http://diamonddavidleeroth.com" target="_blank">Diamond Dave</a> Moderator

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

06.22.15 @ 03:18 PM
    Liked 12 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

Not bad for independent releases.
    not another dime from me, fellas...

tinzen

Top Of The World
    Last Online

11.26.17 @ 05:36 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts

I found a TOJ CD in off all places under VAN HALEN. This was at Media Play a pretty big chain of stores which up there with Best Buy here in Michigan. I saw the two copies and I thought. Who would run into this, no one is looking for a new Van Halen CD. Not sure if that was a good marketing move or bad. [img]graemlins/sssh.gif[/img]