Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 05:59 AM
    Liked 1,350 Times in 926 Posts

This will be for the oldies on here - those who had a lot of albums on vinyl and then replaced them with CD. Which albums do you know of that had changes when they went to CD? Not talking about bonus tracks, but actual changes to what once was. Here are some I can think of:

Aerosmith - Get Your Wings (unremastered): CD lost that little bit of horn at the beginning of "Pandora's Box"
    Aerosmith - Draw The Line (unremastered): outro to "Sight For Sore Eyes", intro to "Milk Cow Blues" different
    Van Halen - Women And Children First (unremastered): "Growth" (music after "In A Simple Rhyme") does not fade out on CD
    Def Leppard - High And Dry: "No No No" ending not infinite (don't know if that's even possible with a CD)
    Dead Kennedys - Plastic Surgery Disasters: same situation as High And Dry with outro after "Moon Over Marin"
    KISS - Dressed To Kill (unremastered): not as much dead space between songs on CD
    Rolling Stones - Through The Past Darkly: "She's A Rainbow" has carnival intro on CD
    Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense: Several songs longer on CD

Those are ones I can think of right now - anybody got any others?

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

The Who - Live at Leeds. Remastered CD was twice as long as vinyl album. Now there's even a 2 CD version available that is 4 times as long as the original album.

ZZ TOP - Tres Hombres - I swear to God they changed the beginning to "Jesus just Left Chicago"

Rolling Stones "Tatoo You" - The song "Slave" is much longer on the CD than on the vinyl.
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

I think there'll be several in the first 5 ZZ Top albums - but I never had 'em on vinyl. But "Waitin' For The Bus"/"Jesus Just Left Chicago" does have a different segue between The Best Of ZZ Top which wasn't remastered, and Tres Hombres which was. I've also noticed differences in "Heard It On The X" & "Backdoor Love Affair" between their respective albums and what is on The Best Of ZZ Top

I never noticed any difference in "Slave" - have to check it out, but "Wanna Hold You" is longer on the Undercover CD (unremastered) than it was on vinyl (longer version was on cassette, too).

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

The original cd of Live After Death by Iron Maiden was missing side 4 of the lp, which was the Hammersmith Odeon songs. Plus, on the original cd, the call and response routine between Bruce and the audience was edited down in the song Running Free.

Live After Death was finally expanded a couple of years back to include this all. It's now 2 discs.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, Fair Warning, Diver Down, 1984, OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk, Mean Street, Jump, Feels So Good, The Seventh Seal
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Glenn:
    The original cd of Live After Death by Iron Maiden was missing side 4 of the lp, which was the Hammersmith Odeon songs. Plus, on the original cd, the call and response routine between Bruce and the audience was edited down in the song Running Free.

Live After Death was finally expanded a couple of years back to include this all. It's now 2 discs.
    Thank gawd they changed that. It's still one of the greatest live albums of all time. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Hmm... how about some more live albums?!

Deep Purple's Made In Japan is different from the vinyl one. It's 2CD's now too... with the encores being placed on disc two. Pretty much comparable to Live After Death.

As for Sabbath's Live Evil... well, there's two versions of that floating around. Was originally a douple LP set. One one version, they took out War Pigs (which is a sin if you're asking me ). One the other version (the one I have) they cut off Ronnie's talks to the crowd and the instrumental outro, Fluff.

That's two albums coming right into my mind now. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    I'm a Dirty-Faced Kid... so could some cute female do me the favor and lick me clean, please?!<br /><br />"Nobody rules these streets at night but me... the ATOMIC PUNK!" - DLR (1978)<br /><br />"This must be just like living in paradise... and I don't wanna go home" - DLR (1988)<br /><br />"So put it off until judgment day... I bear the cross on judgment day" - Sammy Hagar (1991)<br /><br />Obey the DFK!<br /><br /><b>IF YOU'RE DFK... YOU'RE DFK 4 LIFE!</b>

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, FWYS
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by billy007:
    I think there'll be several in the first 5 ZZ Top albums - but I never had 'em on vinyl. But "Waitin' For The Bus"/"Jesus Just Left Chicago" does have a different segue between The Best Of ZZ Top which wasn't remastered, and Tres Hombres which was. I've also noticed differences in "Heard It On The X" & "Backdoor Love Affair" between their respective albums and what is on The Best Of ZZ Top

I never noticed any difference in "Slave" - have to check it out, but "Wanna Hold You" is longer on the Undercover CD (unremastered) than it was on vinyl (longer version was on cassette, too).
    Billy and Ford,

The longer version of Slave was done on the Virgin remasters in 1994. You know when they came out with those oversized album replica packaging of the CD'S. Now those remasters are the basis for the album to this day. But if you have a CBS version of the Tatoo You CD, it won't be on there.

[ February 14, 2002 at 09:17 AM: Message edited by: dog ]</p>

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

Well, that rules me out - mine's the old one! Guess I'll have to check morpheus!

Thought of another one - A Very Special Christmas: on the Pretenders "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas", on vinyl there are children "singing" before the song, gone from CD.