On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

11.26.07 @ 11:06 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I discovered ARK through an email from Steve Vais' label, Favored Nations, a couple of months back.
    They are Sweedes, and their style could be compared to Dream Theater, in a certain way. They compositions are incredibly diverse and Jorn Lande the singer, has a voice that's out of this world, He has actually several voices to be true. He sometimes sounds a bit like Bowie, like Coverdale, and he can wail like you have no idea!
    Their record is called Burn The Sun. Check them out on their site at www.arksite.com. You can download three entire songs from that album from the site. But watch out, because one you do that, I dare you not to buy it.
    These guys are the shit as far as I'm concerned and I haven't been this excited about ANY music or band in years. ARK is a treasure of musicianship, talent, composition, and emotion.
    Please check them out at once and tell me what you think of them. I'm just stoked at the idea of sharing this great music with people who still have a set of functionning ears in this era of really bad Metal, Boy-band pop and rap.
    My first time in the spotlight was from a helicopter.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, Fair Warning, Diver Down, 1984, OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk, Mean Street, Jump, Feels So Good, The Seventh Seal
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

A chat friend of mine from Sweden sent me Burn The Sun (the song). I like it. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    I'm a Dirty-Faced Kid... so could some cute female do me the favor and lick me clean, please?!<br /><br />"Nobody rules these streets at night but me... the ATOMIC PUNK!" - DLR (1978)<br /><br />"This must be just like living in paradise... and I don't wanna go home" - DLR (1988)<br /><br />"So put it off until judgment day... I bear the cross on judgment day" - Sammy Hagar (1991)<br /><br />Obey the DFK!<br /><br /><b>IF YOU'RE DFK... YOU'RE DFK 4 LIFE!</b>

Massachusetts by way of the Great State of New Jersey
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Changes with the day
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 06:33 AM
    Liked 537 Times in 320 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Sounds some like Queensryche too. In fact, the first sample listed, I would have thought was them if I heard it on the radio.

Makes you wonder why the hell VH can't get a singer like that. That guy has some fuckin pipes. A little Bowie, a little Tate, a little Cornell.

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

11.26.07 @ 11:06 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yep, one incredible set of pipes.

I found the CD at Best Buys, and made a copy of it that I put away just in case I ever lost it. I NEVER do that for anything—that's to tell you how special this band is to me.

There are many great singers out there, most of whom are completely unknown by the masses, because they don't sound like the Cookie Monster on crack or a Scott Stapp clone. I hope Eddie will team up with one of these great singer/composers and bring VH back to the front, if DLR is not to be in VH again.
    My first time in the spotlight was from a helicopter.