Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

METALLICA Go Online To Chat About New Material, RAMONES Tribute And Bassist Situation - June 6, 2002

METALLICA's James Hetfield, Lars Ulrich and Kirk Hammett made an unannounced appearance in the Metallica Club chat room yesterday, where they spent over an hour fielding questions from about 20 members present. Amongst the info gathered was that the new song played at the SPUN show the night before has a working title of "Dead Kennedy Rolls" (or just "DK Rolls"), and that its lyrics were written about one of James' new hotrods. It was also revealed that Hetfield recently had surgery on his neck to repair a ruptured disk, which is presently preventing him from indulging in any strenuous activities. "That's why I was playing on a stool last night," said James. "I cannot hold the guitar with a strap."

With regards to the band's contribution to the upcoming RAMONES tribute album, entitled We're A Happy Family, the band revealed that all four RAMONES songs played the night before have been recorded and mixed, with the decision due to be made today as to which song actually ends up on the compilation. The leftovers, meanwhile, will likely appear on future singles and/or fan cans, according to Lars.

Ulrich and Hammett also spoke briefly about the group's new material, with Lars referring to the new songs as "heavy, less blues, more agro, more fucked up, weirder sounds, busier drumming… It is really difficult to describe." Both also made it a point to say that there is "new energy" in the band since the departure of bassist Jason Newsted, who was apparently in attendance at the SPUN show but left before any band member could speak to him, according to Lars.

On the subject of the new bass player, Hammett flatly rejected the suggestion that either Mike Inez (ex-ALICE IN CHAINS) or David Ellefson (ex-MEGADETH) would sit in with the group during the upcoming songwriting and recording activities, while Lars stated that "we haven't [asked producer Bob Rock to join METALLICA] and I don't think we are going to... my feeling is that Bob will not want to tour."
    ".....and Harry Potter and all of his wizard-friends went to Hell for practicing Witchcraft. The End." -Ned Flander's version of reading "Harry Potter" to Rod and Todd.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm probably in the minority here (I know a lot of you hate these guys) but I can't wait for a new Metallica album to be released! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    "Sorry about the mess..."<br /><br />~Han Solo Episode IV

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

BALANCE
    Favorite VH Song

AFTERSHOCK
    Last Online

03.20.07 @ 12:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by BrokenCombs:
    I'm probably in the minority here (I know a lot of you hate these guys) but I can't wait for a new Metallica album to be released! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    If they return to their 'older' sound I'll be into it, but anything past the Black album has sucked, and sounded too contrived to me.

I LOVE 'Master of Puppets'. Sanitarium rocks!!

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My favortie Metallica song of all time is "Disposable Heroes" LOVE that tune....

I admit, I prefer their older stuff too, but I actually like some of the stuff off Load and Re-Load. SOME of the stuff.

I still would look forward to a new Metallica album, though I would prefer it is a return to their older sound.
    "Sorry about the mess..."<br /><br />~Han Solo Episode IV

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Streets
    Last Online

01.11.12 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by BrokenCombs:
    Ya, know, I'm almost sorry to say, but I'm with ya. Part of me knows its just gonna suck, but my metal head instincts automatically sets off a buzzer in my head when I hear the phrase "new Metallica". I might even buy the new album....or maybe to piss 'em off I'll just get it off the internet [img]smile.gif[/img]

Besides, maybe they realized that nobody liked "I Disappear".
    Gozer the Traveller will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldronaii the Traveller came as a very large and moving Torb. Then of course in the third reconciliation of the last of the Meketrex supplicants they chose a new form for him, that of a Sloar. Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you.
    -Lewis Tully in Ghostbusters

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I'll give their new album a chance. I like I Disappear and some of the stuff on Re-Load. Early Metallica is also my favorite. Ride The Lightning and Master Of Puppets just kick so much ass.
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman