Register
    Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

"Romeo Delight" & "Cabo Wabo"
    Last Online

09.21.15 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Went to both SoCal Ozzfest shows this weekend.

The wife and I went to the one in Devore at Blockbuster on Saturday, and we worked the one out here in San Diego last night.

There must've been at least a dozen bonfires set at the one in Blockbuster. We didn't go down the second stage to see al the other bands. Here's my summary:

Switched: Sucked.
    Andrew WK: Sucked even more. They were booed after every song. Kelly Osbourne came out and "sang" with them on piece of shit song, and that was the only positive response they got.
    Zakk Wylde's Black Label Society: Kicked ass. He took quite a few shots at Fred Durst, saying he and all his "wigger" friends could "suck my dick". He got a great response for that.
    Adema: Sucked.
    Tommy Lee: Pretty cool. Opened with a very hard version of "Shout At The Devil". It was nothing like the shitty "Shout '97" update. He also had his "titty cam" out, God bless him.
    P.O.D.: So-so. They got a good crowd reaction.
    Rob Zombie: Strong reaction, great show. Broke out "Thunderkiss '65" and the place went ballistic.
    System of a Down: SUCKED!!!
    Ozzy: Like he ever puts on a bad show. He wasn't too into the gig, though. And that's to be expected, given what Sharon is going through. He did say this, "I've got some news for everyone from the homefront. Sharon is kicking this cancer's ass!", and the audience went nuts. He even apologized to everyone for not being the usual Ozzy because of Sharon's condition. He played a 90 minute set that included "Bark at the Moon", "War Pigs", "Suicide Solution", and "I Don't Know". His opening video montage was hysterical, lampooning everyone from Madonna (again) to Jennifer Lopez to Miss Cleo. Zakk's guitar solo contained a bit from "Eruption" towards the end, and he did the same thing in San Diego, which made the crowd go nuts.

The San Diego Ozzfest was about the same, except that P.O.D. received a far better reception since they're the hometown boys that made good. Rob Zombie stirred up a good reaction as well, and Tommy Lee pretty much threatened to kick some audeince member's ass. I didn't see what happened, but I guess someone threw something at him, and T-Bone moved towards the edge of the stage telling him, "Hey asshole, why don't you come up on the stage and pull that shit?!?", and doing everything he could to get him on stage. He was clearly pissed off. He then led the crowd in a chant of "PUSSY! PUSSY!" which was directed towards this idiot. And, I guess due to their poor reception, Andrew WK were not only kicked to the second stage in San Diego, but they were also the first band up and off. They won't last too much longer, if there is a God.

It was my first Ozzfest, and all I have to say is that although I had a good time, the absolute worst part was sitting through a bunch of shitty bands just to see 1 or 2 kick ass bands. Hearing what was on the second stage, and seeing all the others on the main stage, just reinforced my belief that the state of the music world is at an all-time low right now. If I were a musician, I'd be ashamed to be affiliated with the music industry.

[ September 03, 2002, 11:03 AM: Message edited by: Vince G. ]
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

"This is a lttle prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this: Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen. ."

"I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."

-George Carlin 1937 - 2008

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 12:45 AM
    Liked 11,554 Times in 4,923 Posts

Glad to see System sucking...bunch of sellouts anyway. They forgot their roots a long time ago. I haven't bothered to check them out since they got signed in '97. There was a time when they were actually good live...when they were TRYING to get signed.

For some reason, POD doesn't bother me as much as they probably should, considering I am such a musical snob. [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img] I kinda like some of their stuff, as wrong as that may be. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Brett:
    Glad to see System sucking...bunch of sellouts anyway. They forgot their roots a long time ago. I haven't bothered to check them out since they got signed in '97. There was a time when they were actually good live...when they were TRYING to get signed.

For some reason, POD doesn't bother me as much as they probably should, considering I am such a musical snob. [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img] I kinda like some of their stuff, as wrong as that may be. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Dude, as far as System goes, you didn't miss anything. I mean, what the hell is "Pull the tapeworm out of your ass" repeated 20 times supposed to mean??? As soon as they hit the stage, I went for a walk in the main area where all the merchants had set up their tents.

POD are okay, but down here they just shove it down your throat that a local band has made it big, which is all wel and good, but cool it already. It's just the typical San Diego music scene snobbery, I guess. Sorry, Tim. But it was really good to see a crowd actually get into a band's performance knowing that the band has some sort of talent, and isn't up there just bellowing out the lyrics into the mic like a fucking ogre.
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

"This is a lttle prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this: Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen. ."

"I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 12:45 AM
    Liked 11,554 Times in 4,923 Posts

Hey STP and Ratt were from San Diego too. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I've never even heard that System lyric before, must be more crap from that horeshit second pile of dung record they put out.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Though my teens were spent in the depths of 80's metal, I'd rather listen to STP than Ratt.

Stephen Pearcy just CANNOT sing! My fave Ratt song, though, is "Lay It Down".

[ September 03, 2002, 01:39 PM: Message edited by: Vince G. ]

Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Brett:
    I've never even heard that System lyric before, must be more crap from that horeshit second pile of dung record they put out.
    I swear, it sounded like something straight out of Tom Green's fucked sense of humor.