Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

All of them pretty much
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The only thing i watched this for was the Kelly Osbourne performance which i loved.
    I also liked The White Stripes performance.

anyone else see it?

a lot of it was dumb.

[ June 08, 2002, 02:33 PM: Message edited by: Mean_Street ]
    This is home, this is Mean Street!<br /><br /><b><br />Then one year you find ten years have gotten behind, no one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun. - Pink Floyd, Time</b><br /><br />"Everyone knows that Van Halen with Roth is the only real Van Halen."- Mike Tramp<br /><br /><a href="http://www.vhforums.com/vhlforum/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=001366&p=66#00 1635" target="_blank"> OBEY THE DFK!!</a>

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

01.07.15 @ 01:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Kelly Osbourne fuckin rocked the dump! And was that a Randy Rhoads vibe I was getting from her guitar player????

I did not get the White Stripes at all. I hate to use the word SUCK ..............

[ June 08, 2002, 02:48 PM: Message edited by: ETRIGAN ]
    "Why behave in public if you're living on a playground?"

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

All of them pretty much
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by ETRIGAN:
    Kelly Osbourne fuckin rocked the dump! And was that a Randy Rhoads vibe I was getting from her guitar player????

I did not get the White Stripes at all. I hate to use the word SUCK ..............
    i heard kelly was going to do a full album!

its sort of poppy, but i love it. its not pop like britney or nsync. its kelly osbourne style. its sort of punk too.
    This is home, this is Mean Street!<br /><br /><b><br />Then one year you find ten years have gotten behind, no one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun. - Pink Floyd, Time</b><br /><br />"Everyone knows that Van Halen with Roth is the only real Van Halen."- Mike Tramp<br /><br /><a href="http://www.vhforums.com/vhlforum/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=001366&p=66#00 1635" target="_blank"> OBEY THE DFK!!</a>

Last Online

12.11.17 @ 06:55 PM
    Liked 183 Times in 80 Posts

Sounds to me like the kind of music Desmond Child wrote for the Alice Cooper album "Trash." Honestly, I love Pop-Metal. It's a great genre when done correctly. I know she loves '80's music, so maybe she'll get some guest guitarists...Hmm...Eddie? We could only wish, I guess.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

All of them pretty much
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Kelly Osbourne Tight-Lipped About Forthcoming Debut Album

Kelly Osbourne performs at the 2002 MTV Movie Awards
    Photo: MTV
    LOS ANGELES — Performing at Saturday's taping of the MTV Movie Awards was "one of the worst feelings ever" for Kelly Osbourne, but stage fright won't slow down her burgeoning music career.

The pink-haired, 17-year-old starlet of "The Osbournes" revealed backstage after her live singing debut that she is scheduled to spend July and August in a New York studio recording a full-length album.

Ozzy's daughter said she'll work with producer Rick Wake, whose résumé includes music by Jennifer Lopez, Mariah Carey and Celine Dion, but she offered few other details.

"I can not divulge my secrets," Osbourne said seductively, before changing tones. "Actually, it's because I have no idea."

Come on, Kelly, you have to have some idea.

"What do you want to hear? I'm doing a duet with Britney, with Mandy Moore and with Alice Cooper."

We'd love to hear that, if only it were true.

Osbourne also shot down the chance of recording with her co-host for the Movie Awards pre-show, Ja Rule. "I'm not down with that whole rap thing," she said. "I don't know how to rap."

Kelly's album will not be released until late this year or early next, but fans can snag her cover of Madonna's "Papa Don't Preach" on The Osbourne Family Album, due June 11 (see "Osbournes Unveil F---ing Family Album").

Osbourne will perform the song for a second time a few days later at KIIS-FM's June 15 Wango Tango festival in Pasadena, California. The fake ID-carrying singer is looking forward to performing in front of a different kind of audience than the Movie Awards.

"It's way more nerve-racking to perform in front of celebrities," Osbourne said. "They're not your fans. They're here because they're nominated for a f---ing award. Tonight was the first time I've ever performed, and there were all those people, and I wanted to sh-- my pants. I made eye contact with one motherf---er in the first row, and he started laughing at me, and I got really pissed off. I was like, 'F--- you!' and kicked my microphone stand down."

Osbourne's nerves were somewhat calmed by her father, who sent her enough flowers to fill her dressing room and called from London "like seven times." "He said that he loved me and that I can do it," Kelly said. "He's so sweet."

Fans of "The Osbournes" — and there are many (see " 'Osbournes' Is Must-See TV For Incubus, Pink, Box Car Racer") — can witness more of that kind of loving behavior (yeah, right) now that Sharon, Ozzy and the kids have signed on for two more seasons.

Although rumors have the show moving to the family's native England, Kelly suggested otherwise.

"I will not go to England," she said. "It's not very comfortable for me there. It's like people there all look the same and they don't have acceptance for people who are different. I get kicked out of fancy stores in London because my attire isn't appropriate. I don't feel like I should have to fight for the way I look, so I would rather stay somewhere else. Don't get me wrong, I love England. My friends there are my best friends since I was 2 years old. It's just the only thing I miss is the food and my friends."

—Corey Moss

I'd buy it. what are other examples of pop-metal?

[ June 08, 2002, 05:45 PM: Message edited by: Mean_Street ]

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

Many
    Last Online

05.12.06 @ 06:39 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I thought she was awesome!
    I am awesome

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 03:10 AM
    Liked 1,482 Times in 904 Posts

I thought Kelly Osbourne was the highlight of the show. Besides some of the good looking actresses, it took a pink haired daughter of the godfather of metal to give the show some credibility. Here guitarist was a breath of fresh air because he actually played a guitar solo.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

All of them pretty much
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Raldo:
    I thought Kelly Osbourne was the highlight of the show. Besides some of the good looking actresses, it took a pink haired daughter of the godfather of metal to give the show some credibility. Here guitarist was a breath of fresh air because he actually played a guitar solo.
    she sounds a lot like ozzy to me! who is her guitarist? her voice really rocks. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Good Enough
    Last Online

06.29.07 @ 03:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I thought the show was pretty kick ass. Jack Black & Sarah Michelle Gelar did a great job hosting. Thumbs up to Kelly Osbourne!
    From 3-13 to 10-6 and NFC South Champs.....go Saints!

My Hurricane Katrina pics

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Mean_Street:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Raldo:
    she sounds a lot like ozzy to me! who is her guitarist? her voice really rocks. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]i'm almost positive they were miming that performance...i thought Incubus backed her on the studio track, and that wasn't Incubus, from what i was told.

and the White Stripes? ugh. i'm starting to like the Hives, though...
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Favorite VH Album

Dave stuff
    Favorite VH Song

Can\'t just have one...
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think Kelly's band was live, but I'm sure she was lip-synching...
    "I read somewhere that 77 per cent of all the mentally ill live in poverty. Actually, I'm more intrigued by the 23 per cent who are apparently doing<br />quite well for themselves." - Jerry Garcia (Grateful Dead)

Last Online

12.11.17 @ 06:55 PM
    Liked 183 Times in 80 Posts

Hmm...I think she was singing, but overlapping the recorded vocals. She sang a few parts different than the recording. The band was live. A lot of pop singers sing over their vocals so they can catch their breath...I don't know why. At least she didn't pull a Britney. I could tell.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

All of them pretty much
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

yeah i think she was singing too. and i think the band was playing too. to me Kelly actually sounded like she was singing slower than her studio version of it.

why would she lip synch?

[ June 10, 2002, 05:22 PM: Message edited by: Mean_Street ]

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

for the same reason Britney does-so you can't tell that she can't really sing...
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars/Unchained (tie)
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Jack Black & Sarah Michelle were pretty good, the little spoofs they did on the flicks were pretty funny, especially the Lord of the Rings "Prince Albert" skit!

Kelly Osbourne was a'ight, I guess... the White Stripes blew goats.

On a positive note, Charlize Theron made a brief appearance, which is always a good thing... Sweet Mother of God that woman is fine!!!

SBS
    What, me, worry?