Van Halen, Fair Warning, Diver Down, 1984, OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk, Mean Street, Jump, Feels So Good, The Seventh Seal
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

From Billboard.com:

Springsteen, E Street To Rise Again In July

After releasing just three studio albums in the past decade, Bruce Springsteen finished his latest record in eight weeks, and he was as surprised as anybody. "I woke up one morning, and I had a record," Springsteen jokes about his new album, "The Rising," due July 30 from Columbia. It will be the artist's first album of all-new studio material since 1995's solo outing "The Ghost of Tom Joad" and his first effort with the E Street Band since 1987's "Tunnel of Love."

Springsteen, who performed at several post-Sept. 11 benefits, says he wrote all but two of the 15 new songs on the album after the terrorist attacks that killed more than 3,000 people. "The songs I wrote sort of occur in that context," he said. "It's more of an emotional feeling that I felt -- and that I felt was in the air at that time."

Some songs, he says, "deal more directly with it than others, but the stories all happen in a post-Sept. 11 context. If you were writing at that point, it's in everything in some fashion."

"My City of Ruins," which Springsteen performed on the national "America: A Tribute to Heroes" telethon for Sept. 11 victims, will appear, as will "Further on (Up the Road)," a track first debuted during the E Street Band's 2000 tour. Other song titles include "Into the Fire," "You're Missing," "Empty Sky," and "The Fuse."

The 52-year-old singer raved about the work of his longtime sidekicks in the E Street Band. "It's a very powerful sound, just the intensity I wanted to capture doing anything with the band again," he said. "The guys are playing better than they did 15 years ago. There's a confidence."

Springsteen said the sessions were somewhat similar to their 1975 work on the classic album "Born To Run," with the band playing live in the studio for the basic track and other parts added later. "The sound is very recognizable and very different," Springsteen says. "If you have all of our other records, you don't have this one. We picked up the level of intensity. I can't wait for people to hear this record."

As previously reported, the album was recorded with producer Brendan O'Brien (Pearl Jam, Stone Temple Pilots). Springsteen's manager, Jon Landau, recently previewed some of the tracks at a Sony retail conference in New York, notably the ballads "Into the Fire," "Nothing Man," and "Lonesome Day," the rollicking "Mary's Place," and the anthemic title track.

Here is the tracklisting for "The Rising":

"Lonesome Day"
    "Into the Fire"
    "Waitin' on a Sunny Day"
    "Nothing Man"
    "Countin' on a Miracle"
    "Empty Sky"
    "Worlds Apart"
    "Let's Be Friends"
    "Further on (Up the Road)"
    "The Fuse"
    "Mary's Place"
    "You're Missing"
    "The Rising"
    "Paradise"
    "My City of Ruins"
    I'm a Dirty-Faced Kid... so could some cute female do me the favor and lick me clean, please?!<br /><br />"Nobody rules these streets at night but me... the ATOMIC PUNK!" - DLR (1978)<br /><br />"This must be just like living in paradise... and I don't wanna go home" - DLR (1988)<br /><br />"So put it off until judgment day... I bear the cross on judgment day" - Sammy Hagar (1991)<br /><br />Obey the DFK!<br /><br /><b>IF YOU'RE DFK... YOU'RE DFK 4 LIFE!</b>

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 03:10 AM
    Liked 1,482 Times in 904 Posts

This is some great news! I always thought that Springsteen's best sound was with the E Street Band. Hopefully, they will go out tour again.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

ALL OF THIM
    Favorite VH Song

EVERYTHING SEP HOW MENY SAY I
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

At least someone can give there fans what thay want [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] !going to try to see him on this tour [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]
    "I Want The Best! Of Both Worlds!<br />AAAAAAWWWWWWWWW-Van Halen Live With Out A Net.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

I have to pick?
    Last Online

10.05.17 @ 11:44 AM
    Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts

My City of Ruins is a great song.
    Your favorite band sucks.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

YES!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the best news I've heard today!!! Bruce and E Street are the undisputed champions of the live gig...Can't wait for another tour!!

If this record recalls Born To Run...Holy Cow!!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by SactoFan:
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the best news I've heard today!!! Bruce and E Street are the undisputed champions of the live gig...Can't wait for another tour!!

If this record recalls Born To Run...Holy Cow!!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    WORD!!!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

I'm STOKED!!!!
    [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]

Last Online

12.13.11 @ 02:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by (DEJA VU):
    At least someone can give there fans what thay want [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] !going to try to see him on this tour [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]
    [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img] Yes! Springsteen is the complete opposite of VH when it comes to keeping the fans informed and interested public relations wise.

And he puts on a 3 hour show!