Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

ROB HALFORD To TIM "RIPPER" OWENS: "Fuck You, Without Me You Would Not Be In JUDAS PRIEST" - June 17, 2002

Former JUDAS PRIEST frontman Rob Halford has fired back at his replacement, Tim "Ripper" Owens, over the latter's remarks to the French magazine Rock Hard in which he accused Halford of returning to his metal roots in order to cash in on metal's popularity and attempt to save face following the commercial failure of his FIGHT and TWO projects.

"I don't consider it that I turned my back to metal with FIGHT and TWO," Rob told Rock Hard. "It is a very negative way to see things. I look at it [FIGHT and TWO] as a necessary moment in my career that helped me find my way back. It's like, if you go to the same place for a vacation each time, when you get there you know you're gonna feel comfortable. Then you say one year, 'I'm gonna go to a different place.' You go to a different place and it's exciting, and it's unusual but you don't feel comfortable. So you end up going to the same place you used to go. That's basically how I felt with my departure from PRIEST. You are not me, you can't possibly understand what was going through my mind, my spirit and my soul at that time. What you got was the music but I still don't feel that conveyed what was really going on in my head and my heart. So, I think I had a lot of fucking balls to do what I did! But it was not about saying, 'Fuck you, I'm gonna do this.' It was just a necessary process as a creative musician. So, if Tim says I turned his back on metal because FIGHT was a failure and TWO was a failure, two commercial disasters, that I just went back to metal because that's where I make my money and my living… Fuck you, Tim! Because that's not what happened, and without me you would not be in JUDAS PRIEST."

[ June 17, 2002, 04:03 AM: Message edited by: FanHalen ]
    ".....and Harry Potter and all of his wizard-friends went to Hell for practicing Witchcraft. The End." -Ned Flander's version of reading "Harry Potter" to Rod and Todd.

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 10:23 AM
    Liked 1,463 Times in 898 Posts

Harsh but true. Owens was in a Priest cover band before they brought him on board.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Album

women and children first
    Favorite VH Song

humans being
    Last Online

02.10.12 @ 11:10 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Harsh but true... Tim Owens is in a Priest coverband now that Rob Halford is no longer in the band.

get the latest Halford CD "Crucible" on June 25th [img]smile.gif[/img]
    "And the Cradle will Rock!"

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by RayBan:
    Harsh but true... Tim Owens is in a Priest coverband now that Rob Halford is no longer in the band.

I wonder where Rob's hand was in this photo...
    ".....and Harry Potter and all of his wizard-friends went to Hell for practicing Witchcraft. The End." -Ned Flander's version of reading "Harry Potter" to Rod and Todd.

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 12:58 PM
    Liked 1,083 Times in 725 Posts

Premium Member
    Owens doesn't have alot of room to be talking about commercial failures. I read somewhere that Priest's last CD sold well under 100,000 copies. I bought the thing and it's somewhat of a departure from their last CD "Jugulator" which I thought was pretty good.

To be fair about the whole deal though, Halford made some very negative comments not about Priest but about Metal in general during his TWO years. He said that Metal as done by bands like Priest and Maiden was dead and over with. Fine, but after slamming Metal he comes back and starts doing it again. Anyway his new stuff is pretty good, sadly it's probably better than Priest's last effort.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I can't wait to see "Song For Song...Part 2"--Rob & Tim go on tour without Priest, and alternate opening & closing. [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/yell.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    LIGHT 'EM UP!! <br />Smoke 'em if you got 'em!<br /><br /><a href="http://vhstrungout.com" target="_blank">StrungOut</a> Administrator<br /><a href="http://ClassicVanHalen.com" target="_blank">ClassicVH</a> / <a href="http://diamonddavidleeroth.com" target="_blank">Diamond Dave</a> Moderator

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by NE169:
    I can't wait to see "Song For Song...Part 2"--Rob & Tim go on tour without Priest, and alternate opening & closing. [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/yell.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    Good one!

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Yeah, Ripper Owens shouldn't be talking shit about Rob Halford. Which one is the Metal God and which one is a tribute singer? The last two Priest albums don't even come close to any with Halford.
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Owens should shut his mouth and count his lucky stars. Priest were the godfathers of metal next to Sabbath. Learn some respect, boy!
    "There's a Japanese term called wabi-sabi, not wasabi, but wabi-sabi. It means an appreciation for the imperfect, the less than precision. The cowboy boots that you never polish because it's bad luck. That is completely wabi-sabi. Van Halen is that." - DLR 2002<br /><br />"Look! I can see their parachutes! They're ok..." - Tenshinhan, DragonBall Z

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars/Unchained (tie)
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by RayBan:

Ya know... Rob fuckin' rules and all, but isn't he starting to look just a little like Yoda with a goatee?

To Tim "Ripoff" Owens... get over yourself, poseur! Rob Halford IS Rob Halford, and a true metal legend... all you are is a glorified Rob Halford impersonator with ZERO identity of your own.

SBS
    What, me, worry?

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

JUDAS PRIEST: "RIPPER Is Very Respectful Of ROB HALFORD" - June 19, 2002

JUDAS PRIEST Management Co-Ordinator Jayne Andrews has issued a rather unconvincing statement in response to the interview with Rob Halford that originally appeared in the French edition of Rock Hard in which Halford shot down Tim "Ripper" Owens' alleged accusations of Rob having returned to playing traditional metal for commercial reasons. Says Andrews: "Just a note about a certain article that is doing the rounds - please remember that things can be taken out of context or things can be said but when read come across very differently - Ripper is very respectful of Rob and has always been a great fan of his, so nothing was meant by any comments he may have been quoted as making. Rob is aware of this as much as we are!"

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Shit, I wish Ripper would try to start sounding more like Rob--that's why he was hired!! He sounds more like a cross between Rob & the guy from Pantera who "growls"--maybe that's why priest ain't doin' too well these days!
    LIGHT 'EM UP!! <br />Smoke 'em if you got 'em!<br /><br /><a href="http://vhstrungout.com" target="_blank">StrungOut</a> Administrator<br /><a href="http://ClassicVanHalen.com" target="_blank">ClassicVH</a> / <a href="http://diamonddavidleeroth.com" target="_blank">Diamond Dave</a> Moderator

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

11.05.15 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've seen Ripper live and the guy is awesome.

The reason Priest aren't doing well these days is because they are nothing but a Glenn Titon ego vehicle and the songs he writes are absolute crap.

As for Rob? Hedid disown metal and it's all documented.
    If Two (hahahahaha) HAD been a commercial success do you think Halford would be doing metal again??
    Not a fucking chance......he should have the good grace to credit the fans with a little grey matter between the ears.
    These days he a whining Queen that drips because the Priest boys won't take him back.

Rob's a great singer there is no mistake....but Tim is every bit as good and the fact that he was in a cover band before joining Priest has nothing whatsoever to do with it.
    If he's good enough to cover the songs to a standard that the actual band want him...that's good enough PERIOD.
    My favorite search engine google.com

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 12:58 PM
    Liked 1,083 Times in 725 Posts

Premium Member
    Originally posted by cryin_Jamie:
    [QB]

As for Rob? Hedid disown metal and it's all documented.

QB]
    True.

Another problem with Priest is as far as I know, they haven't really toured since '98 (before early this year). They need to get their asses on the road more. As far as their last CD, some bands never seem to learn, everyone wants to "grow" and "evolve". BS, stick with what you do best. "Demolition" is a far a departure from Classic Priest as there can be.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i've read some of Owens' interviews in the local (Ohio) rags where he is somewhat reverential when speaking of Halford.

the thing that disturbs me most about this article-a rock magazine from France named "Rock Hard?" are we sure this wasn't a gay mag that interviewed Halford?
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10