Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

02.09.09 @ 11:51 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I can't be the ONLY one going from the Chicago branch! C'mon folks, chime in. The show is Tuesday the 10th at the Riviera.
    There is no spoon...................

Eruption
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'll be there in spirit, but my eyes & ears unfortunatley won't!

My little girl turns 3 tomorrow, so being the good dad that I am, I'm staying home.
    LIGHT 'EM UP!! <br />Smoke 'em if you got 'em!<br /><br /><a href="http://vhstrungout.com" target="_blank">StrungOut</a> Administrator<br /><a href="http://ClassicVanHalen.com" target="_blank">ClassicVH</a> / <a href="http://diamonddavidleeroth.com" target="_blank">Diamond Dave</a> Moderator

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What a guy. Yeah, my wife and I just had our first in March. My priorities are definitely changing.

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Congratulations to you & your wife, Mike!!

It's gonna be harder to go to concerts, though I already told my wife to call in sick when(if) VH comes to town, cause she's watching the kids. Maybe if Dave swings by here, I'll have her do it, since he may be the only one on the road.
    LIGHT 'EM UP!! <br />Smoke 'em if you got 'em!<br /><br /><a href="http://vhstrungout.com" target="_blank">StrungOut</a> Administrator<br /><a href="http://ClassicVanHalen.com" target="_blank">ClassicVH</a> / <a href="http://diamonddavidleeroth.com" target="_blank">Diamond Dave</a> Moderator

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:48 AM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Congrats Mike!!

It will be easier to find company for this event over in music meeting place. Movin er now. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.19.12 @ 01:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Have fun. It will be a great show. Saw them out here in Phoenix. Make sure you get there early for John Petrucci. Even if you are not a fan of his, it will be well worth it. Vai and Satch were amazing as always.
    Having Sheehan on board with Vai is just amazing too.
    "The sound of Van Halen was meant to spill out, all over your stereo and ruin the rest of your record collection "...David Lee Roth

Check out one of the best bands to come out of Arizona. Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers. www.rogerclyne.net

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Actually, Petrucci's the one I'm really going for. I've seen the other two at least 4 times each. But Petrucci is supposed to have Mike Portnoy as his drummer, so this could be a big Liquid Tension Experiment night!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.19.12 @ 01:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Portnoy is playing with him. They didn't do any Liquid Tension stuff that I'm aware of. Actually, Petrucci explains what he plays when he's almost done for the night. The whole show rocks. What an amazing group of people on stage. Even getting away from the talent that everyone knows........all of the guitar players have amazing bands.
    "The sound of Van Halen was meant to spill out, all over your stereo and ruin the rest of your record collection "...David Lee Roth

Check out one of the best bands to come out of Arizona. Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers. www.rogerclyne.net

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

I am going to see the G3 show on Wednesday in Toronto.

I am sick right now though, I hope I feel better before then. [img]smilies/redface.gif[/img]
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Strange thing: I make guitar-based instrumental music, yet I have no desire to see a G3 show. I got into Satriani when I was 16 or 17, and by 17 1/2 I was sick of him. I haven't cared much for Vai since Passion and Warfare (I had been a Vai fan for about 3 years), and I only liked Petrucci on Images and Words.

I would go to see Eric Johnson, coz every time he plays somewhere near me, I have inescapable plans. But he isn't doing it any more.

If the tour lasts as a regular event for a few years, maybe they'll get the brilliant idea to really mix up the musicians with more side projects, and present THOSE on stage. Plus, I think they need to diversify their bills a bit more; Satch and Vai are kinda similar, and now with Petrucci, it's a bit TOO hard rock based. Maybe if they could expand their choices of players they could expose the audiences to some really new or at least different stuff. Vernon Reid? Al DiMeola? Steve Morse? Carl Verheyen? Albert Lee? BB King? Leo Kottke? Christopher Parkening? The list goes on and on and on...

Oh well. As long as you guys are enjoying it, I'll live vicariously through you! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    Don't bark at me...<b>I</b> didn't name ya.

Favorite VH Album

All of em
    Favorite VH Song

All of em
    Last Online

10.04.17 @ 06:34 AM
    Liked 58 Times in 37 Posts

Premium Member
    Heading to the July 19th show at the Tabernacle in Atlanta. Definately looking forward to this one as Joe is my favorite guitarist after Eddie. Ive read some of the reviews of the shows that have happened recently, and they have all said that they were amazing. It should be a blast! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    WHOAOH! Hey you! Who said that? Baby how you been?

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

08.27.17 @ 09:39 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 105 Posts

Abe: You suck!!! I was at the Chicago show...hotter than HELL in more ways than one!!! It was the best show from VAI I have ever seen!! Joe played great....I think he was a little tipsey though...(he kept going to the side of the stage and relax during the jam session) That was kind of weird to me!! Petrucci was definetly the best guitarist to play with them so far!!!! Vai came out with a fucking plan: TO KICK ALL OF OUR ASSES WITH THE MOST GUITAR CRAZY LIVE ANTICS EVER SEEN! Imagine you running on stage with a bandana waving your hands high in the air then Billy Sheehan comes out and you rip into SHY BOY (by Talas) and the crowd goes wild!!! ABE: You may think you are good, but, you have yet to impress me! Go to the show and you may have a different outlook on yourself you selfish ?#*&!
    The show was awesome, HOT and LOUD just the way it should be! BEAT that abe....WE ARE WAITING!
    Just go for it!