Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

ok, I'm on an AC/DC kick at the moment [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

I just downloaded a bunch of videos of theirs off Kaaza and it just reminds me of how much of a kick ass band they are! they might be the best hard rockin' band ever! or at least in the top 5! maybe top 3

listen to "If you want blood" and every other band you'll listen to after that will sound like a bunch of pussies!

sure they only know 3 or 4 chords but as David Lee Roth says "it all sounds like the same song, but I LOVE the song"!

you never heard AC/DC talking about "growing as a musician" and writing power ballads and that kind of shit,

they do one thing and do it perfectly!
    KICK YOUR MOTHA' FUCKIN' ASS!!

these days, Angus is losing his hair, Brian's voice is gettin' a little strained but it's still kickin' your ass

they have this groove where you see in their videos where they're all kinda be-boppin' to it. it's soo fuckin' cool and smooth and ass kickin'

no other performer perfoms like Angus Young! NOBODY! he might just only know the first position blues scale but he puts everything he has into it!

some people might think they are long in the tooth, but I'll always see them as getting long in the foot!--a bigger foot to kick your ass with!

"It's a long way to the top if ya wanna rock and roll!" [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

Eat Us and Smile!

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

BALANCE
    Favorite VH Song

AFTERSHOCK
    Last Online

03.20.07 @ 12:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

'I've got BIG BALLS...and I'm just itching to tell you about them'

That's gotta be one of the coolest songs ever!

AC/DC rocks! I saw them last year in Boston and Albany, and they rocked hard both times. They have this little catwalk into the audience that goes about 20 rows back, and Angus runs down it once in a while. On the catwalk there's a circular thing with like a 6 ft diameter, and about 2 ft off the ground that raises up in the air. Well Angus lays down in that, and solos while spinning around in it. F'n awesome, and his sweat is flying all over the place. I can't believe the energy they put into there shows.

Their live shows cannot be beat, just remember to bring ear plugs! [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img]

[ August 09, 2002, 06:45 AM: Message edited by: strungout ]

Sinner's Swing! chewbaccamonkeylunch's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning and Balance (Tie)
    Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights (LWAN)
    Last Online

02.16.16 @ 06:50 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

[img]graemlins/yell.gif[/img] "I'm goin in....................to Sin Citaaaaay!!!" [img]graemlins/yell.gif[/img]
    Tell me one song that is better than that.....didn't think so!
    ACDC kicks ass [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    The trashman was my hero.......
    -Seenbad

Sinner's Swing! 79th and Sunset's Avatar
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 12:35 PM
    Liked 16 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member
    I have every ACDC album (yes album) from "High Voltage" thru the "For Those about to Rock" days. I'm old ACDC head for sure.

"Sin City" is a great song. But so, so many great tunes came from the Bon Scott era that they are too numerous to mention.

Its all good. Angus and the boys still rock.

Earliest I saw them was on the "Flick of the Switch" tour. I remember the band FASTWAY opened for them. Great, Great show.

I have probably seen ACDC 3 times since then !!

Last Online

09.26.15 @ 08:25 PM
    Liked 17 Times in 5 Posts

Hey, even Eddie's an AC/DC fan. He picked "Down Payment Blues" off the "Powerage" album as one of his faves when asked to choose 10 of his top 10 songs in Guitar World a few years back.

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 03:12 AM
    Liked 1,487 Times in 908 Posts

I have a couple of their albums but have NEVER seen them live. That's one band I've always wanted to see but never got to the shows. One thing I like about them is that when they put out an album, you know what to expect. Riff-oriented songs that's balls-to-the-wall! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 06:55 AM
    Liked 1,085 Times in 727 Posts

Premium Member
    Originally posted by hain23x:

you never heard AC/DC talking about "growing as a musician" and writing power ballads and that kind of shit,

they do one thing and do it perfectly!
    KICK YOUR MOTHA' FUCKIN' ASS!!

Very true! Def Leppard should try and be more like AC/DC and less like Aerosmith.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

Many
    Last Online

05.12.06 @ 06:39 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I have Dirty Deeds, BAck in Black, and the double live album. I seen them live at the United Center about a year and a half ago and they were awesome! I'd see em again if they came back.
    I am awesome

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I have most of AC/DC's albums (missing a few Brian Johnson ones). I've never seen them live but imagine it would be a great show.
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

unchained
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Eddie actually said that "panama" was influenced by ac/dc. It could be polished version of an ac/dc riff. Ed said that they had to follow them after a Monsters of Rock show in Europe and was so blown away by the crowd response for ac/dc that he felt nervous about having to live up to the ac/dc show and response.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Fair Warning
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 02:45 AM
    Liked 195 Times in 117 Posts

AC/DC ROCKS!!!

I'm reading a book at the moment called Highway To Hell - The Life & Death Of AC/DC Legend Bon Scott and it's a great read...
    “And what we have at our fingertips is arguably one of the greatest high tenor voices ever – that was in Michael Anthony. In our tiny little corner of the universe, that voice is as identifiable as the high voice in Earth, Wind & Fire, as identifiable as the high voice in the Beach Boys. Van Halen is an indelicate house blend of both – that’s intentionally. So I would always look forward to that reunion.” - David Lee Roth

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by 79th and Sunset:
    I have every ACDC album (yes album) from "High Voltage" thru the "For Those about to Rock" days. I'm old ACDC head for sure.

"Sin City" is a great song. But so, so many great tunes came from the Bon Scott era that they are too numerous to mention.

Its all good. Angus and the boys still rock.

Earliest I saw them was on the "Flick of the Switch" tour. I remember the band FASTWAY opened for them. Great, Great show.

I have probably seen ACDC 3 times since then !!
    I saw that tour too!!! It was in December of 1983, I think it was like Dec 6th, 1983(something like that), when I saw them at the Brendan Byrne Arena in NJ!!!

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

FW,WACF,Van Halen 1, FUCK,Balance,5150
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL,Not Enough
    Last Online

06.16.05 @ 08:22 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by shelookssofngood:
    Eddie actually said that "panama" was influenced by ac/dc. It could be polished version of an ac/dc riff. Ed said that they had to follow them after a Monsters of Rock show in Europe and was so blown away by the crowd response for ac/dc that he felt nervous about having to live up to the ac/dc show and response.
    I was wondering if it was just me, but has any one else noticed the chords of the chorus of Panama are the same three chords from the intro/verse of Back in black. They are different order.I noticed it when learned Panama. Of course basically all songs are just different arrangements of chords so maybe I'm just making more of it than it really is. Especially since they are three pretty common powerchords D5, A5 and E5, and I wouldn’t have mentioned it unless that AC/DC Van Halen connection was made.

Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

06.15.14 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by shelookssofngood:
    First off, AC/DC is GRRRRREAT! I will never miss one of their shows again when they are in the area. Angus and Malcom are very underrated as guitar players. Sure, they might not be as talented as EVH or Jimi or Eric Clapton, but they have to be a couple of the best riff meisters of all time and if emotion is a part of guitar playing then Angus should be at the top of the list in that category.

Secondly, as I have stated before, if you listen to Panama and then listen to the song Dog eat Dog by AC/DC you will notice that they sound very similar, especially on the AC/DC DVD NO Bull. Eddie did say that Panama was influenced by AC/DC in that he was trying to capture the power of an AC/DC song with Panama. I think he did a pretty good job, wouldn't you say. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    You can twist perceptions
    Reality won't budge

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.19.16 @ 05:15 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

My very first concert:
    AC/DC opened for KISS in December '78. Bought a guitar the next week. Dad said, "this thing isn't going to end up in the closet, is it?" Boy, doesn't he wish it did!!
    [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]