Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

MCMLXXXIV
    Favorite VH Song

Too Many To List
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hung out at Tesla's home-coming show as one of Troy's guests (as at Konocti last month) in Sacramento tonight, and the biggest surprise of the night was Vince F*cking Neil.

Dude actually earned his keep tonight, playing his full setlist and putting up a couple of encores (!). Voice was solid throughout, and he didn't f*ck with the crowd at all. This was a complete 180 from his Konocti show, when he went onstage f*cked up and never missed an opportunity to piss on the crowd. Not sure why he showed up ready to go tonight, but he was on.

This bill was different than the Konocti show: instead of Skid Row & Jackyl, the openers were Quiet Riot & Dokken. Quiet Riot was a bad joke, and Dokken was just boring (although the guy filling Lynch's shoes was pretty solid). Don's voice was alright, although he does tend to sound like Eric Cartman during some tough spots ("...and my tyahhhs, they fell loike rehn...I'm alone again without nyahhhh..."). One more interesting note: Quiet Riot & Dokken used the same drummer, Frank something-or-other.

Tesla was great as usual, and Jeff Keith's voice seems to be all the way back after his less-than-stellar inconsistency in 2001.

I'll be looking forward to hanging out with Tesla again at next year's shows [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] These guys continue to put a good face on the otherwise heavily-panned hair band era.

The Real Deal
    <a href="http://www.the-real-deal.com/index.htm" target="_blank">The Real Deal</a> does old VH better than any other band in the SF Bay Area. Hearing is believing...

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Ice Cream Man
    Last Online

02.01.07 @ 05:44 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Can't wait for their new album. Any news on when that may be?

Last Online

12.11.17 @ 06:55 PM
    Liked 183 Times in 80 Posts

Ol' Donny Dokken got in a "situation" with the only other member left from their hey-day (drummer Mick Brown). I guess he's gone now too. Why are they still being called Dokken without any of the other members ? On another note, I know whatcha mean about Don...All the smoking has made him alter his voice to hit notes that normally weren't high for him back in the day. Once in a small while, he can hit the high shreaks, I've heard...Did he smoke on stage? He claimed he "quit" again...

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

MCMLXXXIV
    Favorite VH Song

Too Many To List
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Didn't see him smoking onstage or backstage...

To hear them tell it, Tesla's album will be out by summer '03. Troy said they have studio time starting early next month. I may be hanging out at a session or two; if I do, I'll drop a word on how it goes.

The Real Deal
    <a href="http://www.the-real-deal.com/index.htm" target="_blank">The Real Deal</a> does old VH better than any other band in the SF Bay Area. Hearing is believing...