Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

10.22.09 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

JUDAS PRIEST: We Are Not Reuniting With ROB HALFORD! - Jan. 24, 2003

Despite reports to the contrary, JUDAS PRIEST have no intentions of reuniting with former singer Rob Halford.

"There appears to have been some confusion regarding a story that is circulating," begins an official statement released by JUDAS PRIEST Management Co-ordinator Jayne Andrews. "There is no truth in the rumor that there has been a reunion with Rob Halford or that we are doing any shows with him in the summer. Ripper Owens is JUDAS PRIEST's vocalist — nothing has changed!"

PRIEST's statement was issued in response to a story that was originally published on the Canadian web site Brave Words & Bloody Knuckles, which quoted JUDAS PRIEST drummer Scott Travis as saying that the band were "hop[ing]" that Halford would rejoin the group in time for a summer tour.

Meanwhile BW&BK writer Clay Marshall stands behind the story, saying: "I've got the guy on tape and can provide an MP3 as proof."

[ January 27, 2003, 10:12 AM: Message edited by: FH ]

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:24 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Bummer, hopes up for nuttin........AGAIN! Bah humbug I would have gone and seen the original Priest.
    "Knowing is not enough, we must apply,willing is not enough, we must do" -Goethe

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.--Sir James Dewar, Scientist (1877-1925)

Always drink upstream from the herd...
    --Will Rogers

It is amazing how much some people can do with so little, however, what is even more amazing to me is how little some people can do with so much.
    --Somewhat me, mostly someone else, not sure who

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

RIPPER OWENS: I Am Still The Lead Singer Of JUDAS PRIEST - Jan. 26, 2003

Despite ample evidence pointing to the fact that his days in the group are numbered, singer Tim "Ripper" Owens confirmed during a radio appearance last night (Jan. 25) that he is still a member of JUDAS PRIEST.

Owens, who replaced Rob Halford as the group's frontman in 1996, reportedly told WNEW hard rock personality Eddie Trunk during a live appearance on his "Eddie Trunk Rocks" show that JUDAS PRIEST drummer Scott Travis' quote regarding Halford's possible return to the band was probably "taken out of context" and claimed that the group have thus far been unable to locate Scott to find out exactly what he said or what he meant by his statement. He also added that he is taking a more active role in the songwriting process for the band's upcoming CD and has already penned three songs for possible inclusion on the as-yet-untitled effort, tentatively due sometime in 2004. Ripper's sole songwriting contribution to JUDAS PRIEST so far has been the track "What's My Name?" , which appeared as a bonus cut on the Japanese version of the band's last studio CD, "Demolition".

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Best Of (cop out answer)
    Favorite VH Song

A Year To The Day
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Interesting. It's good to see that VH isn't the only group in disarray. BTW how can you take "I hope Rob comes back for a reunion tour" out of context?
    "Right Now.....Mike is thinking about a solo project."<br /><br />"Victory has a thousand fathers. Defeat is an orphan."

Last Online

03.29.06 @ 01:41 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I was a BIG Priest fan as a kid. I saw them 3 or 4 times with Halford and they always delivered the goods live (no pun intended). Then I saw them twice with Ripper. The first time was pretty cool - probably reliving my youth. The second time, not so good. They would be stupid not to reunite with Halford. They'll never be as big as they once were, but a former Priest tribute band singer fronting them is pretty cheesey.
    Bring back Halford and record British Steel II. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "You guys never forced your babysitter to put her dirty feet all over your back-bottom while you handled up onto a tattered quilt?" - Fake Greggo
    "I like to put peaches in my panties and dance around until my knees bleed, Chuck." - Fake Billy Tubbs

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Originally posted by ross:
    Interesting. It's good to see that VH isn't the only group in disarray. BTW how can you take "I hope Rob comes back for a reunion tour" out of context?
    Notice how they can't find him anywhere? Ripper probably fitted him with some concrete-shoes!

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

JUDAS PRIEST Representative Offers Lame Excuse For TRAVIS' Slip Of The Tongue - Jan. 27, 2003

JUDAS PRIEST Management Co-Ordinator Jayne Andrews has finally confirmed the authenticity of the widely-circulated MP3 in which PRIEST drummer Scott Travis can be heard expressing hope that former singer Rob Halford will rejoin the band in time for a summer tour. In an e-mail to a fan, Andrews writes, "I have spoken to Scott and it turns out he was at the NAMM show [in mid-January] and a guy started talking to him asking him some questions - he asked if Rob was rejoining and then he asked about RACER X and then more about PRIEST - Scott says he first of all did not know the guy had a tape recorder and secondly was only saying something that he would have liked to happen at some stage this is not anything official - if we have anything to say it will come via me! There is no truth in this."

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Intruder, 3:16, Cathederal
    Last Online

09.14.05 @ 07:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Why would Rob Halford want to sing for Priest now? The stuff they are making (listen to Jugulator and Demolition) TOTALLY subpar from what the Priest was until Rob left. If Glen Tipton is such a driving force in Priest's sound, and Rob couldn't get them to change direction I'd be dissapointed to see him be a part of it all.

Favorite VH Album

All 7 of them!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

11.30.16 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Priest sucks now with Ripper.

Their last album was complete crap.

Halford's last two outings with his own band are far better (especially his "Ressurection" CD).
    EUAS

www.rotharmy.com

*VV*
    ole No.1
    The finest.

"The Showstoppa!!"

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.24.06 @ 07:48 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I don't know...I tend to disagree with the majority here, I think Ripper is a great addition to Priest. I've seen both eras of the band live, and I've got to admit that Ripper has so much more vocal range than Rob. The old songs sound a lot heavier than they used to also.
    I think it's a nostalgia thing for a lot of fans; sure it's not the same Priest that you know and love, but to me they're just as good as they ever were.
    I also like the heavier direction that the music has taken, that's my personal preference though. I think Priest needed to update their sound though; as does Maiden, and I like the direction that they've went. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

In the mood for OU812
    Favorite VH Song

"Mean Street"
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 05:15 PM
    Liked 261 Times in 177 Posts

I don't like how all of the JP guitars are tuned down now, even for the classic material live. It sounds too muddy and unclear. Just listen to "You've Got Another Thing Comin" off the JP Live '98 CD.

I wonder if Ripper Owens either can't write good music, or if Tipton just won't let his material get on the finished product for fear it'll take away songwriting royalties from him. Probably the latter...

[ January 30, 2003, 06:20 AM: Message edited by: ChargerDave ]
    VAN HALEN
    7-7-15 Ridgefield, WA
    12-1-07 Portland, OR
    10-22-04 Seattle, WA
    10-19-04 Portland, OR
    8-13-04 Oakland, CA
    8-11-04 Sacramento, CA
    8-10-04 San Jose, CA
    8-7-04 Las Vegas, NV
    8-6-04 Las Vegas, NV
    7-10-98 Portland, OR
    9-15-95 Portland, OR
    8-18-93 Portland, OR

Sammy Hagar
    5-8-15 Lake Tahoe, NV
    5-2-08 Lake Tahoe, NV (w/ Michael Anthony)
    4-30-05 Lake Tahoe, NV (w/ Michael Anthony)
    4-29-05 Lake Tahoe, NV (w/ Michael Anthony)
    6-29-02 Gorge, WA
    10-13-99 Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
    10-12-99 Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
    10-9-99 Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
    7-10-99 Portland, OR
    8-15-97 Eugene, OR

David Lee Roth
    8-19-05 Eugene, OR
    6-28-03 Tacoma, WA
    6-17-03 Portland, OR
    6-29-02 Gorge, WA
    9-2-01 Seattle, WA