Register
    Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

"Romeo Delight" & "Cabo Wabo"
    Last Online

09.21.15 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Guys, if what I saw last night is any indication of where the music scene is headed these days, I weep for the industry.

I worked a show for some group called "Boxcar Racer". Never heard of them until last night, and didn't know that the band contained 2 members of Blink-182 until last night as well.

Well, there were 4 other bands included on the bill; H2O, The Used, Finch, and some other weak-ass loser band.

Basically, each one was of the "skater-band" type. Wannabe punk rock. And, each band sounded like the previous. At one point, there were about 7 guys on stage doing (I forget which band it was) nothing more than jumping up and down, cranking out nothing but pure noise on their guitars.

Boxcar Racer was so bad that, even though 2 of the members are from San Diego, and they were the headliners, people were leaving the show 1/2 way thru their performance. Finch, with one member from San Diego, drew a bigger response than Boxcar Racer. Pretty bad when you're in your hometown.

You can't even describe the "music" I heard last night as shit. It was diarrhea. At least shit has some sort of substance to it. They had nothing. No substance whatsoever. No heart. No soul. Just mindless diarrhea.
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

"This is a lttle prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this: Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen. ."

"I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."

-George Carlin 1937 - 2008

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

One foot out the door
    Last Online

09.02.05 @ 03:47 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Vince G.:
    Guys, if what I saw last night is any indication of where the music scene is headed these days, I weep for the industry.

I worked a show for some group called "Boxcar Racer". Never heard of them until last night, and didn't know that the band contained 2 members of Blink-182 until last night as well.

Well, there were 4 other bands included on the bill; H2O, The Used, Finch, and some other weak-ass loser band.

Basically, each one was of the "skater-band" type. Wannabe punk rock. And, each band sounded like the previous. At one point, there were about 7 guys on stage doing (I forget which band it was) nothing more than jumping up and down, cranking out nothing but pure noise on their guitars.

Boxcar Racer was so bad that, even though 2 of the members are from San Diego, and they were the headliners, people were leaving the show 1/2 way thru their performance. Finch, with one member from San Diego, drew a bigger response than Boxcar Racer. Pretty bad when you're in your hometown.

You can't even describe the "music" I heard last night as shit. It was diarrhea. At least shit has some sort of substance to it. They had nothing. No substance whatsoever. No heart. No soul. Just mindless diarrhea.
    That was a pretty accurate sumation of todays music. I put No Doubt in that same category(can't stand that shit at all!)
    "My son, ask for thee another kingdom...for that which I leave is too small for thee"- King Phillip of Macedonia to Alexander the Great-339 B.C.

4/1/85-We remember.....