Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

10.22.09 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Rock fans who enjoyed toasting the holidays with Kurt Cobain's "Journals" and the book's tales of decadence, self-loathing and rampant drug abuse might want to reserve a spot on this year's Christmas list for "The Heroin Diaries," a book of journal entries by Mtley Cre bassist and songwriter Nikki Sixx.

"It starts on Christmas morning 1986 with me sitting in front of a Christmas tree alone, shooting up heroin," Sixx said of the heartwarming page-turner that he hopes to have out by year's end. "I'm sitting there thinking, 'I've done sold-out stadiums. I'm all over MTV. I'm in one of the hugest new bands there is, and I'm alone on Christmas morning with no decorations and no presents. Just me and my needle.' "

The rest of the book chronicles the next year of Sixx's life, focusing on raucous concerts, copious drug use, lust-crazed groupies, excessive drug use, rowdy tour buses, death-defying drug use, rock and roll antics, and, of course, gratuitous drug use.

"Basically it ends where it began," Sixx said. "It was three days after I'd had a [near-]fatal heroin overdose, and I'm sitting there in front of the Christmas tree again doing the same thing I was doing the year before, and I think I really had a revelation at that moment that I had to stop. It was a real pinnacle moment in my life."

Although "The Heroin Diaries" candidly addresses the use of hard drugs amidst a backdrop of girls, girls, girls and rock and roll fantasies, Sixx insists it never glamorizes addiction.

"If you read this book, you will never do drugs," he said. "Sh--ting your pants and throwing up all over yourself, and the detox, and the psychosis, and a lot of the other stuff in this book is just not glamorous."

As much as he discourages intravenous drug use these days, Sixx said he doesn't regret a moment of his life, and he's convinced that surviving addiction made him stronger and more resilient.

"Going through all of that is sort of like being tortured," he said. "You can be hung by a chain and tortured, and you think you're gonna die at that moment, but if you survive it there's very little anybody can ever do to you to hurt you. That's kind of how my mentality is. I've experienced the worst, so nothing you put in front of me is gonna break me. And it's made me a very positive person."

In addition to "The Heroin Diaries," Sixx continues to lay the groundwork for converting the best-selling Mtley Cre biography "The Dirt" into a motion picture. The film's production company recently hired Rich Wilkes ("XXX," "Airheads") to write the screenplay, and Sixx met with jackass Johnny Knoxville, who wants to play Sixx in the film.

"I think he'd fit the part quite well," Sixx said. "I didn't at the beginning. We were sitting next to each other and I was like, 'What the f---?' He had Poindexter glasses on with duct tape around one side, and he was scratching his ass the whole time. His hair was short, but it was a mess and he looked like a psycho version of Tom Cruise crossed with Elvis Costello. I was like, 'I don't get it. Why does this guy want to play me?' "

His question was answered as soon as he and Knoxville stepped outside. "He walked over and started pi--ing on one of the executive's tires. Right away I went, 'All right, I get it. I'm sold.' "

Sixx said he thinks "The Dirt" will come out next year and that he hopes it'll be accompanied by a Mtley Cre reunion tour.

"It's gotta be the full band," he said. "I'm not gonna put together a half-assed version. I just know that when all four of us are onstage something magical happens. If everybody wants to experience that magic one last time behind the movie, I think that would be great."

—Jon Wiederhorn

Last Online

03.29.06 @ 01:41 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If Tommy Lee is behind the kit, I'll go see them one last time. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "You guys never forced your babysitter to put her dirty feet all over your back-bottom while you handled up onto a tattered quilt?" - Fake Greggo
    "I like to put peaches in my panties and dance around until my knees bleed, Chuck." - Fake Billy Tubbs

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Best Of (cop out answer)
    Favorite VH Song

A Year To The Day
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I'm not sure if Tommy would do it or not. On one hand he liked doing his own thing with his albums on the other hand they tanked. Maybe Tommy could be the new singer/drummer for Van Halen since Alex has vanished.
    "Right Now.....Mike is thinking about a solo project."<br /><br />"Victory has a thousand fathers. Defeat is an orphan."

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Originally posted by ross:
    Maybe Tommy could be the new singer/drummer for Van Halen since Alex has vanished.
    Please. Don't. Even. Joke.
    [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/brickwall.gif[/img]

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Best Of (cop out answer)
    Favorite VH Song

A Year To The Day
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I'd rather listen to Tommy sing then Vince Neil but for Eddie/Tommy I was just kidding.
    "Right Now.....Mike is thinking about a solo project."<br /><br />"Victory has a thousand fathers. Defeat is an orphan."

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

1. I believe that this alleged book by Nikki will belong in the fiction section. Seems I recall him mentioning that he was going to "write" this book; writing it implies that these aren't collected diary entries from that time, but that he's going back and recollecting. Now, if dude was half as fucked up as he claims, I'm going to say that a day by day diary written 16 or 17 years later is going to be a bit fishy.

2. Does anyone really think this movie is going to get made? Who the hell would go see it? It's being talked about as a theatrical release, is it not? I swear I heard Nikki say at one point that some studio was committed to putting 30 million into it. What company is going to waste that much money on a guaranteed loser? I can't believe that Nikki would even want this done.

3. Nikki was on Much Music recently and spoke about the reunion. He stated that it had to be done with all members firing on all cylinders, and he insinuated that he wasn't sure that will ever be possible again. Watching it, I couldn't help but think he was referring to Vince, who is just a mess in my view.

Nikki posts in a special section of their message board, and he made some interesting comments a couple of days ago about Vince living off of Motley tunes in his solo shows.

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

If anyone cares, here's what Nikki said on their website. BTW, Nikki writes in all caps so don't blame me!

IM EMBARASSED THAT CRUE MEMBERS TOUR AND DONT STAND ON THERE OWN MUSICALLY.I SUPPORT PLAYING A COUPLE SONGS,BUT FOR GODS SAKE..TRY TO HAVE SOME KINDA OF CLASS AND NOT PLAY 99% MOTLEY MUSIC...SOMEDAY THER JUST MAY BE A CRUE TOUR...ISNT THAT WHAT THATS FOR?
    There's was obviously some backlash to that, because the next day he posted this..

THE INTERNET IS A TRICKY THING.YOU CAN EXPRESS YOUR FEELINGS ONLY TO HAVE THEM TWISTED AND TURNED AROUND BY THOSE WHO USUALLY WISH YOU ONLY THE WORST.LET ME CLEAR SOMETHING UP.

I HAVE NO&gt;&gt;(((NONE))) ILL FEELING TOWARDS ANY OF THE GUYS IN THE CRUE.I SIMPLY HAVE A BELIEF THAT RUNNING THE SONGS INTO THE GROUND WHILE THE BAND IS OFF THE ROAD IS A HUGE MISTAKE.I UNDERSTAND SOME OF YOU WOULD LOVE TO HEAR CRUE SONGS ALL NIGHT LONG BUT WHEN DOING SOLO STUFF, I BELIEVE YOU SHOULD MOSTLY STAND ON THAT MATERIAL AND SALT AND PEPPER THE SET WITH MOTLEYS MUSIC.WHEN I SAW JOE PERRY ON HIS SOLO CLUB TOURS IN THE EARLY 80'S HE DIDNT DO A WHOLE SET OF AEROSMITH, HE DID 2 SONGS...I USE THAT TEMPLATE FOR MYSELF AS HAS TOMMY AND WOULD MICK.

IN THE END...THERE IS A MOTLEY CRUE...WE NEED NOT A CRUE COVER BAND... I LOVE VINCE.BUT IF YOU ATE TURKEY AND STUFFING EVERY DAY HOW EXCITED WOULD YOU BE FOR THANKSGIVING DINNER NO BONES ABOUT IT...I LIVE AND BREATH MICK MARS, NIKKI SIXX, VINCE NEIL AND TOMMY LEE...ALWAYS WILL BE PROUD AND HOPE TO DO THE NAME AND THE MUSIC JUSTICE FOR GENERATIONS TO COME....

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Glenn,
    1. Sixx has been know to embellish the truth for years. Most recently, another musician commented on some bullshit from "The Dirt" that Nikki said about him that was untrue. I can't remember exactly who it was and what was said, other than it had to do with heroin.

2.VH1 films is behind making "The Dirt" into a movie, so don't be surprised to see it on their network much like that awful Def Leppard movie from a couple of years ago! I seriously doubt it'll make it beyond television, but he feels the material is too strong for that. Maybe straight to video?

3. I personally could give a rat's ass if these idiots get back together for a tour. Why does he bother bad-mouthing Vince for playing mostly Crue hits on a solo tour? That's Vince's bread and butter these days with all of the lawsuits and problems he has to deal with.

[ March 07, 2003, 04:02 AM: Message edited by: FH ]

Eruption
    Last Online

07.10.17 @ 09:12 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 10 Posts

I'd say the Crue are closer to getting back together before VH. VH ruled til 85 then the Crue took over. I have always liked the Crue and would be glad to see a good new album/tour. They rocked, but unfortunately fell victim to the hairband title. Even though they had 4-5 solid albums they are viewed as a hairband flash in the pan ala' Warrant or Winger. Damn I hate Nirvana!

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 06:29 PM
    Liked 1,348 Times in 925 Posts

All the druggie books coming out now - you had Cobain's then Layne Staley's, now Sixx' and Anthony Kiedis. It's a regular "smack" down!

On Fire
    Galveston Island (2 miles south of TEXAS)
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

sinners swing
    Last Online

11.02.17 @ 07:04 PM
    Liked 19 Times in 6 Posts

Vince must a tore Nikki a new one. LOL. I'll go if Tommy comes back, but his ego is bigger than Eddie's.
    "The problem with self-improvement is knowing when to quit." -David Lee Roth