Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Best Of (cop out answer)
    Favorite VH Song

A Year To The Day
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

What's everyone's opinion of Tool. I think that they're probably the most amazing band out there right now. I didn't really get into them until after I heard Maynard in A Perfect Circle. When I picked up Lateralus when it came out I was hooked.
    "Right Now.....Mike is thinking about a solo project."<br /><br />"Victory has a thousand fathers. Defeat is an orphan."

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

When I first saw the video for Sober on TV, I thought it was a great song and wanted to hear more from Tool. Now I have all of their albums. Lateralus is my favorite.

BTW, has anyone heard of a band called Earshot? They sound just like Tool, especially the singer. Just listen to "Get Away."
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Song

hear about it later
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

tool is THE best band out there right now- especially if you are a musician, or just appreciate good vocals and lyrics...

i'd say their best cd is aenima- some things about lateralus disappointed me- but even then- it still blows away everything else that is being released in the rock world as of late...

sevendust is also another great band out there playing shows and still releasing good music- i think their cd's continue to improve with each release... that is rare...

they're way different than tool- but still really good...
    zach sanders<br /><br />"My boy, we are pilgrims in an unholy land"

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Tool will go down as one of the giants of rock next to Floyd and Zeppelin. They are definitely a live band first and I don't feel the records have fully captured that energy as of yet. I'm looking forward to the New England shows. Here are the final dates of the Lateralus tour, an amazing audio/visual experience. You will not see another show like this out there right now.

10/03/02 Nampa, ID Idaho Center
    10/06/02 Edmonton, AB Skyreach Centre
    10/07/02 Calgary, AB Pengrowth Saddledome 10/08/02 Billings, MT MetraPark Arena
    10/10/02 Rapid City, SD Rushmore Plaza
    10/11/02 Boulder, CO Coors Events Center
    10/12/02 Orem, UT McKay Events Center
    10/13/02 Colorado Springs, CO World Arena 10/15/02 Sioux Falls, SD Sioux Falls Arena
    10/16/02 Kansas City, MO Kemper Arena
    10/18/02 Kalamazoo, MI Wings Stadium
    10/19/02 Erie, PA Erie Civic Center
    10/20/02 East Lansing, MI Breslin Events Center 10/21/02 Indianapolis, IN Conseco Fieldhouse
    10/23/02 Toledo, OH Toledo Sports Arena 10/24/02 Binghamton, NY Broome County Arena 10/25/02 Amherst, MA Mullins Center
    10/26/02 Augusta, ME Augusta Civic Center
    10/28/02 Lowell, MA Paul E. Tsongas Arena
    10/29/02 Philadelphia, PA First Union Spectrum 10/31/02 Uniondale, NY Nassau Coliseum
    11/01/02 State College, PA Bryce Jordan Center
    11/02/02 Winston-Salem, NC Lawrence Joel Vet. 11/03/02 Roanoke, VA Roanoke Civic Center
    11/07/02 Tallahassee, FL Leon Co. Civic Ctr.
    11/08/02 Baton Rouge, LA Centroplex Theatre
    11/09/02 Biloxi, MS Miss. Coast Coliseum
    11/12/02 San Antonio, TX Freeman Coliseum
    11/13/02 Laredo, TX Laredo Entertainment Center
    11/15/02 Beaumont, TX Montagne Center
    11/16/02 Oklahoma City, OK Cox Business Services
    11/18/02 Albuquerque, NM Tingley Coliseum
    11/19/02 Phoenix, AZ America West Arena
    11/21/02 San Diego, CA Cox Arena
    11/22/02 Fresno, CA Selland Arena
    11/23/02 Reno, NV Lawlor Events Center
    11/24/02 Long Beach, CA Long Beach Arena

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

01.07.15 @ 01:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Did you guys know that the drummer and I believe, Maynard were in the Band Green Jello/Jelly? Remember? "Little pig lttle pig, let me in....."
    "Why behave in public if you're living on a playground?"

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Fair Warning
    Last Online

12.08.17 @ 06:26 PM
    Liked 195 Times in 117 Posts

Tool Rocks! Great CD's and awesome live shows... One of the better bands around at the moment IMHO.
    “And what we have at our fingertips is arguably one of the greatest high tenor voices ever – that was in Michael Anthony. In our tiny little corner of the universe, that voice is as identifiable as the high voice in Earth, Wind & Fire, as identifiable as the high voice in the Beach Boys. Van Halen is an indelicate house blend of both – that’s intentionally. So I would always look forward to that reunion.” - David Lee Roth

Favorite VH Album

Cover Bands from Pasadena
    Favorite VH Song

Babe Don't leave Me Alone
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

Tool rules!
    My Band
    Baluchitherium

Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

06.23.17 @ 09:49 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by ETRIGAN:
    Did you guys know that the drummer and I believe, Maynard were in the Band Green Jello/Jelly? Remember? "Little pig lttle pig, let me in....."
    yup! and if you watched the bob and dave show on hbo(bob odekirk and david cross) tools on there all the time they appeared as the band "pusifier" on the show.
    www.rickshick.tumblr.com

1love4chi

Deftones , now and forever and only second to VH.

Dave or Sammy ?.........pffffft Eddie.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Streets
    Last Online

01.11.12 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I love TOOL. They are my favorite band by far. I have seen them live twice now and both times were amazing experiences. I do believe they are the best band around and they are amazing live, and I got chills both times I saw them at various points in the show. Lateralus may be my all time favorite album. Undertow and AEnima are great too. I even bought their debut CD,Opiate recently. It is not as complex as the others but still more advanced than any other band could do. I recently went to various internet sights that provide interperetations to their lyrics. and doing this has made me a much much much bigger fan.

I also like A Perfect Circle. they will serve their purpose of tiding me over till the next TOOL album comes out.

Also, I don't know if anyone heard about this, but Maynard is also involved in a project with Trent Reznor called Tapeworm...can't wait for that one.
    Gozer the Traveller will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldronaii the Traveller came as a very large and moving Torb. Then of course in the third reconciliation of the last of the Meketrex supplicants they chose a new form for him, that of a Sloar. Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you.
    -Lewis Tully in Ghostbusters

Favorite VH Album

WaCF
    Last Online

06.01.13 @ 02:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

OMG this post is such the coincidence because I just got home from a Tool concert and was going to post about how ROCKIN' they are!!!!

I absolutely love the band and love how what they do on stage is so artful and comes so natural.

And Jesus, I've never heard a band sound so good live--except when I saw them a few years back [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Best Of (cop out answer)
    Favorite VH Song

A Year To The Day
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I also like A Perfect Circle. they will serve their purpose of tiding me over till the next TOOL album comes out.
    Has anyone heard anything from the APC camp? I would have assumed that we would have heard something by now if they have another album in the works. I hope they end up doing more music together because I liked them alot too.
    "Right Now.....Mike is thinking about a solo project."<br /><br />"Victory has a thousand fathers. Defeat is an orphan."

Last Online

10.22.09 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

I love Tool. I don't think their last record was the best of their records, but it was alot better than some of the other recent rock records from other bands. (They did the "Rush" record that Rush should've done!) I kind of wish they went the direction of "A Perfect Circle" in terms of using Maynard's singing ability as more of a focal point. It just seems like his vocals were drowned out more than usual. Can't wait for the next "A Perfect Circle" record (due next Summer) or Maynard's project with Trent(NIN)Reznor called "Tapeworm", which may not see the light of day for a couple of years.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

I just read your question after posting my own, Ross. APC's next record is already written (musically, anyways). They're supposed to get in the studio this November and record the follow-up for a Summer 2003 release. Let me see if I can dig up that info I came across a few months ago....

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Here it is.....
    A Perfect Circle have 80 percent of the music already recorded for their follow-up to Mer De Noms and hope to get the album in stores by spring 2003, guitarist Troy Van Leeuwen said last week.

"It's definitely a step up from the last record," Van Leeuwen said, adding that anyone who liked the band's 2000 debut should dig the new tunes. "A Perfect Circle kind of established its sound, and I think there's just more of that. It's very ethereal and builds up to the heavy thing rather than being heavy all the time."

As soon as singer Maynard James Keenan gets off the road with Tool, he plans to focus on writing the rest of the vocal melodies and lyrics for APC's second effort, Van Leeuwen said.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Song

hear about it later
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

A Perfect Circle have 80 percent of the music already recorded for their follow-up to Mer De Noms and hope to get the album in stores by spring 2003, guitarist Troy Van Leeuwen said last week
    AWESOME news!!!! - thanks FH!
    zach sanders<br /><br />"My boy, we are pilgrims in an unholy land"