Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 06:54 PM
    Liked 1,026 Times in 501 Posts

When I first bought this cd, it really didn't knock me out at all. I dug a few songs, but mostly just the slower tunes (Dreamer, Running Out of Time). Lately, I've had it in my player for a few days, and it has really grown on me. IMO, this is the most Sabbath-like CD Ozzy has done in his whole solo career.

Some of my favorite tracks:

Facing Hell ("Let's Wake Up The Dead, Oh Yeah"), one of the best Sabbath songs since probably Masters Of Reality...

No Easy Way Out - has a really cool breakdown in the middle; Ozzy's vocals are awesome on this one... And that main riff sounds straight out of Tony Iommi's vault - very Sabbathian [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

You Know - way too short! Great guitar sound...

Running Out Of Time - the piano intro sounds SWEET! Another great vocal performance by Oz.

Can You Hear Them? - has a really cool breakdown in the middle reminiscent of "You Can't Kill Rock and Roll"...

Zakk Wylde really plays his ass off on this CD - he has matured alot as a player as well. I'm glad that he has let those pinch harmonics go by the wayside, too. He's no Randy Rhoads by any means, but he can make a real noise, and does a really good Tony Iommi style...

Has anyone else gotten into this CD?

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, Fair Warning, Diver Down, 1984, OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk, Mean Street, Jump, Feels So Good, The Seventh Seal
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I had a listen to it a couple of times after downloading it, yeah.

It's not bad IMHO. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Oh yeah... and Dreamer sounds as if it was written by John Lennon.
    I'm a Dirty-Faced Kid... so could some cute female do me the favor and lick me clean, please?!<br /><br />"Nobody rules these streets at night but me... the ATOMIC PUNK!" - DLR (1978)<br /><br />"This must be just like living in paradise... and I don't wanna go home" - DLR (1988)<br /><br />"So put it off until judgment day... I bear the cross on judgment day" - Sammy Hagar (1991)<br /><br />Obey the DFK!<br /><br /><b>IF YOU'RE DFK... YOU'RE DFK 4 LIFE!</b>

Last Online

12.16.17 @ 06:54 PM
    Liked 1,026 Times in 501 Posts

Lyrically, "Dreamer" is definitely reminiscent of John Lennon's "Imagine"...

Not surprising, since John Lennon is one of Ozzy's heroes [img]smile.gif[/img]

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

All of them pretty much
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

yeah APDLR and Laner, no offense to Dreamer i love that song but it sounds like something John Lennon could sing (i'm saying that in a good way [img]smile.gif[/img] ),

I dont have the cd, but i downloaded all of the MP3s, and i want to pick it up. I'd thought i'd post here, because Ozzy's most likely my next obsession, or am i already obsessed??

You gotta love Ozzy for one thing. I can't believe that one week of listening to him put him 2nd Place in My Favorite Bands.
    I mean he could come first! But i wouldn't want to let my fellow VH fans down. then you guys are going to say "MS, you can like any kind of band you like", But i have to admit it, he is sliding into 1st for me. I may even be getting more into the metal scene. like some scorpions, or judas priest. I even want Ozzy posters for my room.
    sorry i'm rambling i'll shut up now [img]graemlins/sssh.gif[/img]

But my mom would never ever let me have this up by my bed.

[ March 15, 2002 at 07:46 PM: Message edited by: Mean_Street ]</p>
    This is home, this is Mean Street!<br /><br /><b><br />Then one year you find ten years have gotten behind, no one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun. - Pink Floyd, Time</b><br /><br />"Everyone knows that Van Halen with Roth is the only real Van Halen."- Mike Tramp<br /><br /><a href="http://www.vhforums.com/vhlforum/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=001366&p=66#00 1635" target="_blank"> OBEY THE DFK!!</a>

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

I also like Down To Earth, I have been playing it a lot lately. My favorite song on it is probably Junkie, I love the guitar playing on that song! I also like Gets Me Through, Dreamer, and Facing Hell.

I went to see an Ozzy concert earlier this week, and Zakk Wylde is one of the greatest guitar players I have ever seen! I saw G3 this summer, and Zakk played as well as those guys, he jumps around like a madman on stage too! [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

[ March 15, 2002 at 09:43 PM: Message edited by: YankeeRose ]</p>
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I think it's terrible. Definitely the bottom of the barrel of Ozzy's solo career. The only albums that are anywhere close to being as bad are No Rest For the Wicked and Ozzmosis. The only song that I really like is Facing Hell. Gets Me Through is lame lame lame; a thank you note to his fans? Please, that's just lame.

I probably wouldn't have even bought it if it hadn't been for the video footage of Randy Rhoads that's included on it. The inclusion of which just goes to show how little confidence Ozzy (and camp) had in the album.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

All of them pretty much
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

if there is any tickets coming in mich. i'm thinking about seeing him. My mom says i'll have to watch for dates.
    I said "If we do go, you'll have to understand, there might be a little profanity" she says "I knowwww". [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]
    This is home, this is Mean Street!<br /><br /><b><br />Then one year you find ten years have gotten behind, no one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun. - Pink Floyd, Time</b><br /><br />"Everyone knows that Van Halen with Roth is the only real Van Halen."- Mike Tramp<br /><br /><a href="http://www.vhforums.com/vhlforum/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=001366&p=66#00 1635" target="_blank"> OBEY THE DFK!!</a>

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I bought it a month or two ago and have only given it a few listens. [img]redface.gif[/img] None of the songs were a kick in the ass but Facing Hell is pretty good. I don't think the album is bad, and I prefer Ozzmosis over it.
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

All of them pretty much
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I just went out and bought this cd!!!!

it rocks for one thing.
    and i got the limited version with never befroe seen footage of ozzy and randy rhoads. WHOA!! he doesn't tap like eddie, its like indescribable, its so cool. its enhanced.
    PICK THIS ONE UP!!

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

DLR Band!!!!!!
    Favorite VH Song

Slam Dunk!!!!!!
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I have every album he ever released - Sabbath and solo - and I have to admit that its CRAP!!!! - very, VERY average songs. Tim Palmer (producer) ruined this album, and ANYBODY could be playing those guitar parts. Zakk has no interest in that album at all - he was just a hired hand.

It was going nowhere in the charts - until the 'Osbournes' show came out. He's one lucky fucker - our Ozzy!!!!!

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Bullocks! This album is not as bad as Ozzmosis! No way. I think this album is pretty damn good guys!!! OK, albeit, nowhere NEAR as awesome as "Blizzard of Ozz" or "Diary Of A Madman" or even "No More Tears" (No More Tears is probably his best album since Diary)

But having said that, I think this new album is pretty damn good.

Facing Hell is one of my favorites. That song KICS ASS!! And I don't care what anyone else says, I love "Dreamer" SURE it sounds like something Lennon would write, but let's not forget that Ozzy is a HUGE Beatles fan. Has been all his life. And as I have stated in previous threads, Ozzy has been writing ballads all his career going back to the early Sabbath days...

Oh and one more thing guys: At least Ozzy is PUTTING OUT an ALBUM. Unlike the present situation with Van Halen.

~BC

(hey--I've loved VH since 1985 and will continue to consider them my favorite band, I just had to point out that at least Ozzy is still doing something!!!)
    "Sorry about the mess..."<br /><br />~Han Solo Episode IV

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

DLR Band!!!!!!
    Favorite VH Song

Slam Dunk!!!!!!
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by Mean_Street:

it rocks for one thing.
    and i got the limited version with never befroe seen footage of ozzy and randy rhoads. WHOA!! he doesn't tap like eddie, its like indescribable, its so cool. its enhanced.
    PICK THIS ONE UP!!
    Do yourself a BIG!!! favour and check out 'Blizzard of Ozz', and 'Diary of a Madman' - they were the only studio albums he made w/Randy Rhoads. There's a live album called 'Tribute' out also - it is considered one of the best live albums ever.

I'm convinced you will LOVE these albums - they are master-pieces - Nothing he has done since comes even near.

And if you want to get into the greatest rock band of all time - then check out any of the first 6 Black Sabbath albums.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

All of them pretty much
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Master Joe:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mean_Street:

it rocks for one thing.
    PICK THIS ONE UP!!
    Do yourself a BIG!!! favour and check out 'Blizzard of Ozz', and 'Diary of a Madman' - they were the only studio albums he made w/Randy Rhoads. There's a live album called 'Tribute' out also - it is considered one of the best live albums ever.

I'm convinced you will LOVE these albums - they are master-pieces - Nothing he has done since comes even near.

And if you want to get into the greatest rock band of all time - then check out any of the first 6 Black Sabbath albums.
    </font>[/QUOTE]ALREADY LOVE THOSE CDS!!! all with randy rock.

I'm actually begging for money, and sort of thinking that i shouldn't have bought Down to earth, but i like it and all, but they probably all had the video footage in it right?

AND DON'T THINK I DON'T KNOW ABOUT BLACK SABBATH. I LOVE SABBATH. i'm getting more and more into metal such as ozzy solo and ozzy w/ black sabbath, but with ronnie its not bad, i like it with ozzy, its like vh, i like roth (ozzy) better than hagar (ronnie) [img]smile.gif[/img] BTW i love ALL of the songs he did with randy, i also like Quiet riot with randy and am hoping to get the re-issue ozzy cds with bonus tracks which are coming out next week. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

i need money and i got to pay my mom 15 stinking bucks or something and as soon as my sister lent me money i told my mom and she said give it back you can't borrow any money until you pay me back" so i'm having kid financial problems, and wanting money and my dad won't let me take out the only money i have in my back account ($40) to buy some stuff for me. i dont even want a bank account. i need money, and i'm serious. [img]graemlins/yell.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/yell.gif[/img]

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

All of them pretty much
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by BrokenCombs:
    Bullocks! This album is not as bad as Ozzmosis! No way. I think this album is pretty damn good guys!!! OK, albeit, nowhere NEAR as awesome as "Blizzard of Ozz" or "Diary Of A Madman" or even "No More Tears" (No More Tears is probably his best album since Diary)

But having said that, I think this new album is pretty damn good.

Facing Hell is one of my favorites. That song KICS ASS!! And I don't care what anyone else says, I love "Dreamer" SURE it sounds like something Lennon would write, but let's not forget that Ozzy is a HUGE Beatles fan. Has been all his life. And as I have stated in previous threads, Ozzy has been writing ballads all his career going back to the early Sabbath days...

Oh and one more thing guys: At least Ozzy is PUTTING OUT an ALBUM. Unlike the present situation with Van Halen.

~BC

(hey--I've loved VH since 1985 and will continue to consider them my favorite band, I just had to point out that at least Ozzy is still doing something!!!)
    now i'm really depressed that i got down to earth, god!!!! i can never save money, you don't know how ticked i am. i cant take it back or they'll think i burned it right? and i havent [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img] i am so angry *ahhhhhh*

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

DLR Band!!!!!!
    Favorite VH Song

Slam Dunk!!!!!!
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

If you still have the receipt - take it back, tell them you bought it as a present for someone - but they already have it, and ask nicely if you could change it for another one.

Works for me.

I remember what it was like being your age - saving for albums, and in my case it was Kerrang and RAW and Metal Hammer magazines as well.