Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

Many
    Last Online

05.12.06 @ 06:39 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Here guys check this out: http://www.mxtabs.net/news.php?id=14...ell+CD+Release

Although Cornell has left the band, the album will still be released by Epic around summertime.
    When talking of the project last year:

Both of these groups of individual artists are more excited about this than at any other point in their career," Cornell manager Jim Guerinot told the Los Angeles Times Sunday (May 20). "I've never seen Chris so excited, and that's echoed from Brad, Tom, and Tim. They think this is the best work of their careers. The rest of this [business] stuff is just noise that will be worked out. I can't tell you what it was like hearing them together."

Sounds cool huh? He even makes it sound like they could get back together.... I can't wait to hear this stuff.
    I am awesome

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

CORNELL/RAGE: The Los Angeles Times Perspective - Apr. 2, 2002

The following item originally appeared in yesterday's edition of The Los Angeles Times:

RAGE OFF: A lot of questions were raised with word that Chris Cornell had left the new band he formed with RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE guitarist Tom Morello, bassist Tim Commerford and drummer Brad Wilk. But one that may prove the most complicated to resolve concerns the contractual disposition of the band's upcoming album.

The original arrangement had Epic Records (RAGE's label) releasing the record, with a planned eventual second record to come out through Interscope (Cornell records for the company's A&M label). Now there's almost certainly not going to be a second. So what happens to the delicate inter-corporate arrangement?

As with everything else in this matter, the principal parties are not commenting. The buzz, though, is that from the beginning, the original contracts already had profits split. However, will Interscope be willing to let Epic have all the credit for releasing the album? Or maybe Interscope will be happy to let Epic have the album, given that there will be no active band to promote it.
    ".....and Harry Potter and all of his wizard-friends went to Hell for practicing Witchcraft. The End." -Ned Flander's version of reading "Harry Potter" to Rod and Todd.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

BALANCE
    Favorite VH Song

AFTERSHOCK
    Last Online

03.20.07 @ 12:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

As long as they definitely release this album, I don't give an F' what they labels do.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

If the album "takes off" they'll get back together [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Eat Us and Smile!

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

BALANCE
    Favorite VH Song

AFTERSHOCK
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by hain23x:
    If the album "takes off" they'll get back together [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    I'd be willing to bet that the album will be successfull. VERY successfull in fact. From what all sources have said (Rick Rubin, Jack Osbourne, Cornell's manager), the tunes that they did are amazing.

Unfortunately, Cornell is a very depressed person (I think chronically), and not incredibly fond of the spotlight. Fortunately he's not as self destructive as Cobain was, he accepts that he is a depressive person, and deals with it. In that respect, I don't see how any kind of success with this band would motivate him to do anything. He's all about the music, and the art of it.

That's why I think he left. His heart just wasn't into where the band was going. They are a VERY politically motivated group. I bet that Chris just wasn't into it as much as them. Plus the fact that they were playing at Ozzfest with bands who sound NOTHING like the music that Chris plays, and they were sponsoring a political awareness booth, next to WWF booths. I'm really not all surprised that he wasn't into all of that.

Like FORD said, I really hope Soundgarden would reform, but I'm still interested in hearing this new music.

BTW: Anyone have the 'Temple of the Dog' album?? If not, PICK IT UP!!! I believe it's one of the BEST rock albums of the '90's, no joke! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

First 6 albums and bov1
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

03.16.12 @ 03:35 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I am with hain23x about if it sells are very good, they might think of giving it another try [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] . I am really looking forword to hearing the new stuff. Well lets wait and see what happens in the summertime.

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by strungout:
    BTW: Anyone have the 'Temple of the Dog' album?? If not, PICK IT UP!!! I believe it's one of the BEST rock albums of the '90's, no joke! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]
    It's funny that you mentioned that because I downloaded 3 songs on WinMX that were supposedly new from Rage and Chris Cornell. I was blown away! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] But I later found out that they were Temple Of The Dog songs "Pushing Forward Backward," "Your Savior," and "Reach Down." [img]redface.gif[/img]

"Hunger Strike" and "Say Hello To Heaven" are good also.
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

BALANCE
    Favorite VH Song

AFTERSHOCK
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Dan Halen:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by strungout:
    It's funny that you mentioned that because I downloaded 3 songs on WinMX that were supposedly new from Rage and Chris Cornell. I was blown away! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] But I later found out that they were Temple Of The Dog songs "Pushing Forward Backward," "Your Savior," and "Reach Down." [img]redface.gif[/img]

"Hunger Strike" and "Say Hello To Heaven" are good also.
    </font>[/QUOTE]The real gems on that album are 'Call Me a Dog', 'Times of Trouble', and 'All Night Thing'.

I HIGHLY recommend getting this album [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 10:30 AM
    Liked 1,479 Times in 901 Posts

Hearing about the problems this band is having reminds me of another group that we all know and love.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com