Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Last Online

09.14.15 @ 07:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

These bands are so overrated I'm giving them their own topic!!!

Radiohead-Boring, Pink Floyd wannabes and nothing else. I saw a performance video of them on MTV2 and it was terrible. They might as well of had cardboard cut-outs of the band on stage. There's nothing exciting about them. They go on how they don't want success or fame but their a)on a major record label and b)appeared on SNL. Riiiight! I smell hypocrisy! The music was nothing to write home about either.

Pink Floyd-Boring as well, I never saw what the big deal was about these guys. All their songs sound the same to me, too.

Nirvana-What did these guys accomplish other than making it cool to be depressed? Yeah, let's give them heaps of accolades for that. In all fairness, I feel sorry for Kurt Cobain, it was clear he was a truly a troubled person and nobody should take their own life. But still, that music did nothing for me.

------------------
    I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class, especially since I rule!

Proud member of the Dirty Faced Kids!

Up The Irons!

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

BALANCE
    Favorite VH Song

AFTERSHOCK
    Last Online

03.20.07 @ 12:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I agree with 2 out of 3

But dude, Pink Floyd.....CLASSIC

I guess either you get them or you don't. Some people I know just don't understand them or think they are boring, and the rest nearly worship them. I haven't found anyone in the medium.

If you have EVER smoked pot you like them.

They have been around a LONG time, sold many many records, were inovators in rock music (don't ask me specifics), and survived (and thrived) through a major split in the band.

I'm sure more people here can help me out.

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I've never heard anything from Radiohead, but I agree that Nirvana is overrated and Pink Floyd is classic. Some of their songs may have sounded the same, but they stood the test of time and also influenced a lot of bands.

------------------
    "If you take a Van Halen record and stick it in your collection, it'll melt all your other records." -DLR

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

Many
    Last Online

05.12.06 @ 06:39 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Radiohead-sucks

Nirvana- I agree vey very overrated. They have 2 hit songs, thei singer dies and all of a sudden they are great! Well soooorrry but they suck!

Pink Floyd- I like them but they are overrated. Dan Halen they have stood the test of time, but so has Diana Ross do you think she is great too? Pink Floyd's songs always start out wierd and they alot of them sound the same. All their songs are just alot effects, some slow singing that builds, up, a wierd begginning and ending.

------------------
    Check out my web page! http://www.geocities.com/ncblum85/Nicks_Page.html

"Take it off, Take it all off!"

"Lord, Lord strike that poor boy down!!"

Eruption
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Radiohead and Nirvana sucks!!!

But c´mon!!!

PINK FLOYD RULES

Pink Floyd is a classic rock band...

------------------
    What is understood need not be discussed.

Everybody is lookin´ for somethin´; somethin´ to fill in the holes...? is Van Halen right???

Strung Out Moderator

Visit: http://www.vanhalen2000.com.

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I don't know much about Radiohead.
    Nirvana was the driving force behind the whole alternative becoming mainstream. Not because they wanted to, but because they had such a following that the business suits wanted a piece of the action. I am not a huge Nirvana fan, but I can respect what they did.
    Pink Floyd...great psycadelic rock. They are known for their live shows and that is definitely not overrated.....one of the spookiest shows I have ever been to, but in a good way

------------------

Here's to your thin red line....MMMMMM I'm stepping over!

Last Online

02.05.15 @ 10:40 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You're right Nirvana and Radiohead both suck! but Pink Floyd....David Gilmore Recorded some orgasmic solo's, and loads of brilliant songs. Listen to Comfortably Numb...one of my most favourite guitar solo's ever..(must start that topic sometimes...)
    Cheers, Marko

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

To quote Billy Madison:
    "You know what... you suck!"

------------------
    "You know, there are more people here tonight... than the entire weekend last year, baby." -DLR
    "He's the snake to my mongoose... or the mongoose to my snake... either way its bad." -Dr. Evil

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

A topic like this is kind of pointless at a van halen discussion board. The people here are going to hate nirvana and radiohead but love the older, pink floyd.

------------------
    "Me and Jeff are going to go to the front gate and when you guys exit we're going to beat the fucking shit out of every barefoot person" Eddie Vedder (after fans were throwing their shoes on stage, hitting the band)

"Their aren't that many true music fans out there and the ones that are, are usually musicians" Kurt Cobain

"I dont know whats going to happen but I want to have my kicks, before the whole shit house goes up in flames" Jim Morrrison

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Radiohead - the only thing I ever heard from them was that blatant Nirvana ripoff song "I'm a Creep"

Pink Floyd - classic with Roger Waters. Useless without.

Nirvana - I guess I have a perspective on these guys that nobody else in here does. Probably a perspective that nobody here could have about any of the bands discussed here, Van Halen included.

I didn't just know Nirvana's music, I knew them as human beings. Not like they were my close friends or anything, but Kurt Cobain and Kris Novoselic were about the same age as me, and grew up with many of the same musical influences I did. I was here, in Olympia when Nirvana, the band, was born. I partied with these guys on a number of occasions, skateboarded with them downtown, etc. I hear somebody speak of Kurt as "some dumbfuck who offed himself" it pisses me off because I knew the guy. If you don't like his music fine (even though it beats the shit out of that hair band crap that it drove off the air), but don't make judgments about where the man was coming from, what he was dealing with in his own personal life, or anything else not related to the music.

Depression and drug addiction are lethal combinations for anyone. If Kurt hadn't been famous, he would have been just another suicide statistic from the economic depression of Grays Harbor County.

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. It's too bad Kurt didn't get that. There's a lot of us around here who still miss him, and his music

------------------
    F.O.R.D. Country
    EUAS 2001 : The Wrath of Roth

Van HALEN is: Dave, Eddie, Mikey, Alex. Any questions?

preaching the gospel of the one true Van HALEN for the redemption of a rock n roll world that's gone
    to boy band Hell.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thats cool as shit, FORD. At least Kris is still around.

------------------
    "Me and Jeff are going to go to the front gate and when you guys exit we're going to beat the fucking shit out of every barefoot person" Eddie Vedder (after fans were throwing their shoes on stage, hitting the band)

"Their aren't that many true music fans out there and the ones that are, are usually musicians" Kurt Cobain

"I dont know whats going to happen but I want to have my kicks, before the whole shit house goes up in flames" Jim Morrrison

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Top of the World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Nirvana was a great band.

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

OK....nobody get too pissy over this...but...

I think Nirvana is the worst thing that ever happened to music. I think they had zero talent, and were a terrible influence on a lot of people. Kurt Blowbrain Cobain knew they sucked---so much that he lost ALL faith in humanity and took ye olde shotgun to himself. What a classy guy. I bet he didn't even have on clean underwear when he offed himself. A cowardly act by a drug abusing pipsqueak. THAT'S what heroin does to you, folks! What a great role model. I have no sympathy for him--he did it to himself.

Who the hell are Radiohead?

I think old Pink Floyd is boring, monotonous drug-induced drivel. I think new Pink Floyd is boring, monotonous laurel-driven drivel.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Top of the World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

They had much more talent than the 80's hard rock bands.

No Bozo's
    Okay time to clean house!, ...

------------------
    *StonedWeiserKing*

*ChronicBudSmoker of VHForums*

*Broken Down 'n Dirty Dressed in Rags*

*This is Home, It's the Only One I Know*

"It's all about the posts!" -NB on #1000