Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

Poundcake
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ok gang I am sure there are some U2 fans in the house here [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I got into U2 in 1987 when they released Joshua Tree . Then I went back and bought all the stuff before Joshua Tree .

Joshua Tree is a classic album and Rattle & Hum has some great moments as well . In 1991 Actung Baby was made and that album just blew my mind , it remains one of my favorite albums of all time . The only album that U2 put out that kind of lost me was Pop .

Their lastest release All That You Can't Leave Behind is truly amazing . It's like Bono comes up with these awesome lyrics and the music on the album is outstanding .

Van Halen will always be my favorite band but U2 will always be close behind [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    Listening to U2's latest release has somewhat taken the Edge of off waiting for Van Halen to come back (Pun Intended) [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

U2 were on Much Music here in Canada last night. The four of them went straight from the Air Canada Centre to the Much studios after their show, and were interviewed for about an hour. It seemed like such a different situation from VH. You could just tell that they have a great respect and love for one another, even though Bono himself admitted that making U2 albums is an ugly process because they disagree so much.

At one point, Bono acknowledged the egotism of the band, but said that instead of being four big egos, the band is just one HUGE ego. It was an interesting take on things, and a forum in which I can't imagine VH being comfortable opening themselves up that same way.

Anyway, I've only got a handful of U2 albums. Rattle And Hum is my favorite; really all over the place but that's what I love about it. Joshua Tree is a good album, Achtung Baby is a great album. I've also got War, though I'm not a big fan of it. They lost me with Zooropa and most of what I heard from Pop didn't really do much for me either. I've yet to get their latest.

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

U2's pretty good. I like most of the songs on the Joshua Tree album but haven't really heard much besides that.
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

09.15.15 @ 08:40 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

it's a fallacy that i don't have any of their albums, but i do enjoy their music. one of these days, i'll go out and get them, but i've got lots of bands on the "cd's to get" list. [img]smilies/redface.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:56 PM
    Liked 65 Times in 36 Posts

Premium Member
    I used to hate U2 with a passion, around the 'rattle and hum' time, they just seemed like pretentious wankers or something.

Then one day I realised I hadnt actually listened to much of their music, and was letting what the press threw in my face tell the story.

So I bought 'achtung baby' when it came out. Kinda changed my mind [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I own all their albums except the first two (I'm getting there though)... I can even happily sit through 'Zooropa' and 'Pop' without having a spasm!
    A little zen....... Headed your way.......

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:35 PM
    Liked 1,350 Times in 926 Posts

U2 is one of my favourite bands. Probably the "youngest" of my favourites, too! (being as they only started in 1980!) I prefer their stuff from The Joshua Tree (yes, I even like Pop, but there is some good stuff on their earliest albums, just am not always happy with the way it sounds - the songs off War for example generally sound better in the "Live At Red Rocks" video. They also now have a very excellent website - I suggest Brad take a saunter over there and see what one looks like! 'Course, they don't have to hold out mention of anybody as they still boast the same members as they did in 1980!

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

Poundcake
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

wow! there are some U2 fans here , cool [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

I have alot of respect for U2 as a band and as musicians , they have had the same lineup since they started and none of them knew how to play an instrument when they formed as a band , unlike the Van Halen brothers .

It's funny because I have seen Bono say that in U2 there is no one member with a big ego , the whole band has 1 huge ego , the 4 of them [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

You just can't help but have alot of respect for these guys .

[ May 27, 2001 at 09:34 PM: Message edited by: Max84 ]

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I've seen U2 4 times and have all the albumsexcept Pop and Zooropa(??)

This is a band that is really greater than the sum of its parts...alone no member is impressive, but they make a mad noise together...

I totally agree with Goo about the Rattle and Hum days...TOO MUCH of a good thing...Movie felt gimmicky and was a lame moment for the guys...

However, they do bring it in concert and the new album IS great...a fine blend of 'Joshua Tree' era and 'Achtung' era...I highly recommend it...
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have all of their cd's and I like every one of them. The one's that stand out to me are "The Unforgettable Fire", "Joshua " Tree, "Achtung Baby", and their latest release. The Edge has a very unique sound and is very underated. They are in my top 5 as favorite bands.
    America's Team...The Green Bay Packers!<br />12 Championship Titles For The Packers And Counting...<br />"Depends What We Do". EVH 2001<br />VH R.I.P. 1978-1996

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

With Van Halen now seemingly dead and buried, U2 is the last band standing out of that late 70's - early 80's period that produced such influential bands as the Clash, the Police, Black Flag etc.

All of them are sorely missed, and hopefully they all will return someday. Meanwhile Bono, Edge, Adam, and Larry rock on and (in the words of their current single) "Walk On".
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

09.26.17 @ 02:05 PM
    Liked 98 Times in 76 Posts

How true, FORD. While EVH is golfing and MA lets his Hot Rod collection grow, U2 is out there touring...and they sound awesome (Have some MP3 files, thanx to NAPSTER-&gt;R.I.P)
    The only thing that sucks badly is, that I have to go to the f*** army the time when they play in Zurich, so I won't be able to go...*!"@!!! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]
    I still like VH, but I have to say that U2 is No.1 for me at the moment...