Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

It debuts this Sunday night on VH-1. I heard Bob & Tom interviewing Kevin Cronin this morning for a bit and he (KC) said that they were finally ready to tell their story. In fact, he said for all the fans wondering what happened with Gary Richrath, those questions will be answered on this program.

He also said after those reasons are b'cast, it's probably unlikely GR will come back anytime soon! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Should be a good show...REO still puts on a good show, IMO.
    "Once the final BAN has been completed I will ban myself." -OLO, March 21, 2002
    "The price of the steak sandwich over there is ridiculous!!" -Glenn, March 3, 2003
    "Hang on, I'll go ask everybody and be right back." -seenbad, March 11, 2003

Sinner's Swing! 79th and Sunset's Avatar
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 12:35 PM
    Liked 16 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member
    Hey Cabo, I'm from REO land here in the midwest too. I am looking forward to seeing the behind the music with them.

I cant say I listen to REO all the time, but certainly growing up here in STL with KSHE I have been more than exposed to REO music.

"they think there full of fire, She thinks there full of sheeitt " Tough Guys one of my favs...

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it Later
    Last Online

02.21.17 @ 07:16 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts

I grew up listening to REO as well. In fact, a few years ago, the band I was in opened a few shows for Gary Richrath. There was one night when Gary threw an absolute fit becasue the after show food wasn't up to his expectations. He laid into the club manager as well as the booking agent right there in front of everyone. He was, for the most part, a very nice guy.
    REO was probably my faveorite band up until they started wussing out. Theirs is still one of the best live CDs ever put out IMO.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm unashamed to say I dig a lot of REO Speedwagon! Fact of the matter is, I have almost 1000 CD's in my collection and recently have been breaking out some of the REO to listen to!
    "Sorry about the mess..."<br /><br />~Han Solo Episode IV

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Nuthin' to be ashamed about, BC! I had the Arch Allies cd up to 11 yesterday afternoon! REO still puts on a great show and I'm looking forward to seeing the VH-1 special! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Had a chance to meet Kevin Cronin last year. Cool guy, although the "Meet & Greet" was more of a cattle call than getting to meet the band members. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
    "The price of the steak sandwich over there is ridiculous!!" -Glenn, March 3, 2003

Last Online

12.15.17 @ 03:56 AM
    Liked 1,026 Times in 501 Posts

REO was the very first "real" concert I went to see - 1981, the High Infidelity tour... I got my first concert Tshirt [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Remember concert shirts? It was always a barometer of how cool you were back then if you came to school the day after a show and were wearing a concert shirt! I remember I didn't go see Def Leppard, but the next day I'd bet 50 kids were wearing the Union Jack Tshirt from the show [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Ah, the old days... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

'Hi Infidelity'...ah, those junior high dances!!!

Rok...Totally agree on the concert tees...I remember seeing Sammy on the 'VOA' tour and my shirt had the "Can't Drive 55" sign on back and it glowed in the dark...it was dope!!
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Checked this out last night. Very good representation of the whole REO story, in my opinion. Funny how they kept talking about the relationship between Kevin and Gary. Did anyone see the "kind of reconciliation" on air with Gary saying into the camera that he'd love to work with Kevin again?

Wonder if we'll see Richrath join up with the Wagon anytime soon. Anyway, check it out...I'm sure it'll be back on VH-1 at least 7x this week! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:32 AM
    Liked 28 Times in 13 Posts

Donor

Seen REO 7 or 8 times, first in 1982(?) during the Good Trouble tour. Had a T-shirt from that one until just a few years ago. On the back it said, "REO Speedwagon 1982" in HUGE letters. Talk about dating yourself! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Always liked the band, though their early stuff is better than the latest. "...Tuna Piano...Tuna Fish" is probably the best, and one of the greatest names for album ever!

Keep on rollin' ....keep on rollin'.... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Oh, and I see that Gary Richrath is on the same diet as Neal Schon and Sammy Hagar these days. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

[ August 13, 2001 at 09:31 AM: Message edited by: jaybird ]

Good Enough
    Last Online

08.17.07 @ 05:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cabo Kid:
    Nuthin' to be ashamed about, BC! I had the Arch Allies cd up to 11 yesterday afternoon! REO still puts on a great show and I'm looking forward to seeing the VH-1 special! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Had a chance to meet Kevin Cronin last year. Cool guy, although the "Meet & Greet" was more of a cattle call than getting to meet the band members. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was invited to attend a show in Champaign IL back in January...and they dedicated the street to REO. Had the chance to attend the ceremony, ate dinner with the band, and was lucky enough to attend the "Meet and Greet" backstage after the show. The VH1 crew was filming for this segment... [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img] We don't get VH1 [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img] I'd love to see it.

We had all access photo passes for the show...lemme see what I've got for you!
    "May you die at age 128, in bed, shot to death by a jealous lover" DLR 2002