Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

ALL!!!
    Favorite VH Song

ALL!..Except "Loss of Control"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I was at the local swap meet this afternoon, and I picked up the following SRV CD's:

-"Texas Flood" (remastered)
    -"Live At Carnegie Hall"
    -"Family Style" (w/Jimmie Vaughan)

They were at one of those "used CD" vendors. Mine were still in the shrink wrap, not one of those "BMG" or "Columbia House" record club CD's, and, the best part, $5 each! I put on "Texas Flood", and I just melted in my chair. Man........words cannot describe the feeling I got listening to that disc. Up until today, the only thing I owned SRV-related was "Greatest Hits" and the "Live in Austin, Texas" DVD. I am now gonna make it a point to get out there and buy the rest of SRV's catalog, especially the box set! I gotta have that one.

BTW, what can anyone tell me about the new "Montreux 1982 & 1985" 2 CD set?
    "Are you the guy with the Van Halen tickets?"<br /><br />"I might be....."

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

ALL OF THIM
    Favorite VH Song

EVERYTHING SEP HOW MENY SAY I
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It is relly good like the others.But the 85 disc is just a remasterd verson of live alive.But get it anyway [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]
    "I Want The Best! Of Both Worlds!<br />AAAAAAWWWWWWWWW-Van Halen Live With Out A Net.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning!
    Favorite VH Song

So This Is Love?
    Last Online

12.13.13 @ 12:26 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Mike Damone:
    I was at the local swap meet this afternoon, and I picked up the following SRV CD's:

-"Texas Flood" (remastered)
    -"Live At Carnegie Hall"
    -"Family Style" (w/Jimmie Vaughan)

They were at one of those "used CD" vendors. Mine were still in the shrink wrap, not one of those "BMG" or "Columbia House" record club CD's, and, the best part, $5 each! I put on "Texas Flood", and I just melted in my chair. Man........words cannot describe the feeling I got listening to that disc. Up until today, the only thing I owned SRV-related was "Greatest Hits" and the "Live in Austin, Texas" DVD. I am now gonna make it a point to get out there and buy the rest of SRV's catalog, especially the box set! I gotta have that one.
    Enjoy Mike!!!! SRV was/is the man!
    "The spirit can not be contempt. The spirit can not be sour and angry" - DLR on The NEW Van Halen

"Shutthefuckupity" - DIF on John Cusack.

"Baby, where'd you sleep last night?
    Your hair is all tangled
    and you ain't walking right." - Robert Johnson

Last Online

03.29.06 @ 01:41 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by (DEJA VU):
    It is relly good like the others.But the 85 disc is just a remasterd verson of live alive.But get it anyway [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]
    Actually only about half of Live Alive is from the '85 Montreux show. The rest is from shows in Austin.
    The '82 Montreux show is outstanding. The '85 show ain't bad, but you can hear the drugs and alcohol starting to take their toll on SRV. There was supposed to be a DVD version of those shows too, but I haven't heard anything about it in a long time. [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

All of them pretty much
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i found this site, its for people in rock that died and srv is there, link: Click
    This is home, this is Mean Street!<br /><br /><b><br />Then one year you find ten years have gotten behind, no one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun. - Pink Floyd, Time</b><br /><br />"Everyone knows that Van Halen with Roth is the only real Van Halen."- Mike Tramp<br /><br /><a href="http://www.vhforums.com/vhlforum/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=001366&p=66#00 1635" target="_blank"> OBEY THE DFK!!</a>

Last Online

09.26.15 @ 08:25 PM
    Liked 17 Times in 5 Posts

Live at Montreux is an excellent set...But for some interesting perspective, read the accompanying book FIRST before listening to the '82 show and the background behind it. Keep in mind that Stevie was already a seasoned axe-slinger on the Texas bar-band circuit, was looking for his big break, and was playing in front of a hostile crowd.

Then listen to him shut up their boos by playing with intensity, especially on "Texas Flood". To me, it's like he's telling everyone, "look at what a great player I am" AND "F^*& You" all at the same time. And yeah, I had read about a DVD being released to months ago. I'm still waiting for it!!!

And if some of you are looking to expand your SRV horizons, two Stevie bootlegs I'd reccomend both for quality and playing would be "Force Of Nature" and "Force of Nature 2", both 2 disc sets. If you look around the net, they're tons of SRV bootleg websites, and tons of great SRV bootlegs.

And P1, good observation on the drugs/alcohol thing. Bootlegs of shows right before he went into rehab showed that he was really messed up. There's a rambling, 18 minute version of one song in France. You guys go get your SRV fix!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning!
    Favorite VH Song

So This Is Love?
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by kpl:
    And P1, good observation on the drugs/alcohol thing. Bootlegs of shows right before he went into rehab showed that he was really messed up. [/QB]
    What year did he get cleaned up? I have heard varying stories.
    "The spirit can not be contempt. The spirit can not be sour and angry" - DLR on The NEW Van Halen

Your hair is all tangled

Last Online

03.29.06 @ 01:41 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[quote]Originally posted by diamondsgirl:
    Late '86 or early '87 - he only lived 3 or 4 years clean and sober before he died. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

October 13, 1986 to be precise.
    SRV Chronology

[ March 08, 2002 at 02:17 PM: Message edited by: P1 ]</p>

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning!
    Favorite VH Song

So This Is Love?
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by P1:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by diamondsgirl:
    Late '86 or early '87 - he only lived 3 or 4 years clean and sober before he died. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

October 13, 1986 to be precise.
    SRV Chronology</font>
    Thanks, P1.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning!
    Favorite VH Song

So This Is Love?
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Reading the events that took place leading up to his death bring a tear to my eye. Everything was going so well for him.

January 23, 1989: The band performs at one of George Bush’s Presidential Inaugural parties, Washington D.C.

June 6, 1989: In Step is released.

1989-1990: Grammy Award for Best Contemporary Blues Record: In Step. The band does co-headlining tours with Jeff Beck and Joe Cocker.

January 30, 1990: Stevie performs “Pride and Joy,” “Testify” and “Rude Mood” on acoustic 12-string guitar for MTV Unplugged. A fourth song, “Life Without You” is aborted.

Spring 1990: Sessions for Family Style with Jimmie Vaughan at Ardent Studios, Memphis. The album is released September 25, 1990.

August 13, 1990: All five albums have been certified gold (500,000 sold) by this date.

August 26, 1990: Alpine Valley, Wisconsin, concert, sold out (30,000) features an encore jam with Stevie, Eric Clapton, Buddy Guy, Jimmie Vaughan and Robert Cray.

August 27, 1990: Shortly before 1:00 a.m. the helicopter carrying Stevie back to Chicago crashes within seconds after takeoff. All five on board perish. An investigation later declares the primary cause to be pilot error.

[img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] A real tragedy.

Your hair is all tangled

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member
    Well get what you can mike when it comes to Stevie. And if you ever but a stump in life no matter how big it is, just put on Riviera Paradise. It will get you through it. Out.