On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

DLR Band!!!!!!
    Favorite VH Song

Slam Dunk!!!!!!
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Some of you might know that Bob Daisley and Lee Kerslake (Ozzy's original bassist and drummer) are suing for back-royalties for 'Blizzard of Ozz' and 'Diary of a Madman".

Well you know how Epic records are releasing his back-catalogue remastered (AGAIN!!) - the drums and bass have been re-recorded by Mike Bordin and Robert Trujillo (Ozzy's current drummer and bassist). Apparently they sound very obvious compared to the original recordings - theres a thread about it over at Ozzy's forums - some of the melodies have been changed too!!!!!!

I think this is OUTRAGEOUS!!! - the casual fan mightn't know/care - but Ozzy die-hards will.

Fuckin Record companies!!!! - don't they realise that these albums are precious to ut - WE DON'T WANT THEM INTERFERED WITH!!!! - especially his greatest solo discs with Randy Rhoads.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

03.22.09 @ 10:18 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This sucks!!!

Sounds like what KISS did on the "Smashes, Trashes, and Hits" where Bruce Kulick re did Ace Frehleys guitar parts
    I made some mistakes tonight but we sing and play our f***ing instruments. Accept no substitute Tom Petty at the Darien Lake Performing Arts Center July 3, 2002

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

All of them pretty much
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

OMG!! i could get angry right now!!!

so they're arent going to get released april 2nd either or never?! i need bonus tracks lol

are these the guys who are suing them (apart from randy and ozzy in the pic)

especially his greatest solo discs with Randy Rhoads.
    amen to that. so if someone going to over dub all randys parts ?!!

[ March 30, 2002 at 09:29 AM: Message edited by: Mean_Street ]</p>
    This is home, this is Mean Street!<br /><br /><b><br />Then one year you find ten years have gotten behind, no one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun. - Pink Floyd, Time</b><br /><br />"Everyone knows that Van Halen with Roth is the only real Van Halen."- Mike Tramp<br /><br /><a href="http://www.vhforums.com/vhlforum/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=001366&p=66#00 1635" target="_blank"> OBEY THE DFK!!</a>

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

That's ridiculous. What's wrong with the remasters that were released most recently? Re-doing the drums and bass is just stupid. And all of this just for more $$$. [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

FW,WACF,Van Halen 1, FUCK,Balance,5150
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL,Not Enough
    Last Online

06.16.05 @ 08:22 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That is stupid. I always thought Bob Daisley was a cool guy. No MS I seriouly dout RRs Parts will be changed in any way. For one Ozzy would never allow it, plus if Randy were still alive no way would he take part in the suit. I'm prettypissed I'm not gonna be able to Hear You looking at me looking at you in the car or away from the computer, I was really looking foward to that.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

All of them pretty much
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

we wont here that?!? that song is cool. i have an mp3 of it.

oh man guys, i dont even feel like i'm really typing this i'm so tired. i feel all dizzy. i didnt go to sleep last night and have been up since 1:45 pm yesterday [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img]
    This is home, this is Mean Street!<br /><br /><b><br />Then one year you find ten years have gotten behind, no one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun. - Pink Floyd, Time</b><br /><br />"Everyone knows that Van Halen with Roth is the only real Van Halen."- Mike Tramp<br /><br /><a href="http://www.vhforums.com/vhlforum/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=001366&p=66#00 1635" target="_blank"> OBEY THE DFK!!</a>

Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

06.23.17 @ 09:49 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

so those 2 cats recorded the 2 albums with ozzy but never toured? how come they only did the albums? fill me in on this story i never knew this.
    www.rickshick.tumblr.com

1love4chi

Deftones , now and forever and only second to VH.

Dave or Sammy ?.........pffffft Eddie.

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

FW,WACF,Van Halen 1, FUCK,Balance,5150
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL,Not Enough
    Last Online

06.16.05 @ 08:22 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Master Joe:
    Some of you might know that Bob Daisley and Lee Kerslake (Ozzy's original bassist and drummer) are suing for back-royalties for 'Blizzard of Ozz' and 'Diary of a Madman".

Well you know how Epic records are releasing his back-catalogue remastered (AGAIN!!) - the drums and bass have been re-recorded by Mike Bordin and Robert Trujillo (Ozzy's current drummer and bassist). Apparently they sound very obvious compared to the original recordings - theres a thread about it over at Ozzy's forums - some of the melodies have been changed too!!!!!!

I think this is OUTRAGEOUS!!! - the casual fan mightn't know/care - but Ozzy die-hards will.

Fuckin Record companies!!!! - don't they realise that these albums are precious to ut - WE DON'T WANT THEM INTERFERED WITH!!!! - especially his greatest solo discs with Randy Rhoads.
    Those are the remasters that are suppost to contain the extra unreleased songs right? I was really looking foward to them.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

All of them pretty much
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

what a rip off then!!

if its supposed to be ozzy remasters with bonus tracks, what are they going to have on them?! i'm not getting it maybe.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

All of them pretty much
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i wont buy the ones with bonus tracks then (if they even had them)

i'll just stick with the original remasters.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by Rick S:
    so those 2 cats recorded the 2 albums with ozzy but never toured? how come they only did the albums? fill me in on this story i never knew this.
    Bob Daisley and Lee Kerslake are studio players.
    Daisley played with Rainbow and Gary Moore to name a few. Ozzy was just another gig and honestly who the fuck knew that Ozzy would evolve the way he did or that hard rock would blossom in the 1980's the way that it did. I don't know what their contracts specified and I don't know British copyright laws so I can't even guess what the law suit is about.

Still, it's really sleazy to edit them out of the origonal remasters. Why not put out another vintage live album with Randy and the gang instead?
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Bob Daisley did play live with Ozzy. I have the book Diary Of a Madman by Mick Wall, and there's a live photograph on page 141 of Ozzy and Bob, and the caption reads "onstage in America 1984".

Here's an interesting quote about Bob (and Lee Kerslake) from that book;

Randy was in. Definite. Next came drummer Lee Kerslake.

Ozzy and Sharon had originally looked into the possibility of enticing Tommy Aldridge away from his gig as drummer with the Pat Travers Band, but that proved impossible, and when Lee, a former meat and bollocks skin beater from Uriah Heep, shoved his beer gut round the kit at an audition one night, Ozzy was impressed enough to take him on. By this stage, Sharon had temporarily withdrawn from the day to day work on Ozzy's rejuvenation. She had fallen ill, and was more or less out of action for the next couple of months.

"I would never have had Lee Kerslake or Bob Daisley in the band if I'd been there, taking care of things right at the very end of those auditions," she says now. "But Ozzy went ahead and recrited Lee into his band, and when he arrived back in London for a couple of weeks, he bumped into Bob Daisley somewhere along the line and invited him then and there to join the band!"

Bob Daisley is a veteran bass player who has served time in some of the biggest rock and roll bands in the world. At this point, he had just finished a protracted stint playing in Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow, sharing the line up that had featured, of all people, Ronnie James Dio for a spell. Before that, he'd been paying his musicianly dues in British journeyman groups like Chicken Shack, Mungo Jerry, and Widowmaker, with whom Sharon had been briefly involved in the past. Ozzy had collided with Bob halfway through an access all alcohol all night binge Ozzy was celebrating at the Music Machine in London. Ranting and roaring about the new guitarist he had found, Ozzy convinced Bob he should join.

"Bob had rung me up about the gig a few months before," says Sharon. "He had heard we were putting a band together for Ozzy in America, and he called me up for the gig. I tried to make the gig sound terrible, because I didn't want to have to tell him we didn't want him. He'll hate me for saying this but it's true. So I said, 'well, it's basically just a sideman situation and not what you're looking for Bob'. And he said, 'naw, not what I'm looking for'. Then the next thing I know they're starting to rehearse for the first album in LA, and Bob Daisley is the bass player".

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

DLR Band!!!!!!
    Favorite VH Song

Slam Dunk!!!!!!
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I don't know what Sharons problem is - Daisley was Ozzys best sideman (after Randy of course) - he co-wrote everything Ozzy did in the '80's - basically Ozzy's best stuff. Ozzy relies on outside songwriters now - and puts out crap like 'Down to Earth' - even Zakk Wylde is a hired hand these days.

Kerslake and Daisley toured w/Ozzy for the Blizzard album - they recorded Diary - and were replaced by Rudy Sarzo and Tommy Aldridge for the tour. The Diary album may have pics of Aldridge and Sarzo - and the '95 remasters claim they played on the album - but this is not true.

Daisley came back on board for the 'Bark at the Moon album' and did the tour. He co-wrote 'The Ultimate Sin' - Phil Soussan played on the album. He co-wrote 'No Rest for the Wicked' (Ozzy's last great album) and played on it, but didn't tour - Geezer Butler did.
    He played on 'No More Tears' - didn't co-write/didn't tour - and that's the last Ozzy fans have heard of him until the lawsuit.

I think it has something to do with Jet Records - Ozzys original record co. - they put out Blizzard and Diary.

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

DLR Band!!!!!!
    Favorite VH Song

Slam Dunk!!!!!!
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by Mean_Street:
    i wont buy the ones with bonus tracks then (if they even had them)

i'll just stick with the original remasters.
    Hey Mean_Street - check out the bootleg section at www.ozzyhead.com - this guy has the original version of 'You, looking at me, looking at you' - this is the only non-album track with Randy Rhoads. It's on the new Blizzard remaster - but is over-dubbed - you already know this.

He also has all the other bonus tracks that are on the new remasters - and some that aren't - he'll make you up a copmilation.

Don't be such a rush to buy a remaster - coz it has 'bonus' tracks - admittedley the Randy track is worth getting - but all the other albums just contain b-sides to singles - and trust me - theres a reason they were not put on the original albums!!!

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

All of them pretty much
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i have the mp3 of that and it rocks!

Why not put out another vintage live album with Randy and the gang instead?
    because ozzy doesnt have anymore material of randy and ozzy. i have some live stuff but most are cut off and are videos.