Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Blue Öyster Cult are still burnin' for you after all these years. The Long Island, N.Y., rockers currently are preparing Long Day's Night, a 21-song live set for release on CD and DVD. The CD version is due Sept. 24, while the DVD tentatively is scheduled to drop in early October. Long Day's Night captures BÖC's June 21 gig at Chicago's Navy Pier Skyline Stage.
    "I'm not as think as you drunk I am."

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 02:44 AM
    Liked 1,468 Times in 899 Posts

Haven't heard anything from that band in ages. How are they live?
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Last Online

09.23.12 @ 09:12 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

And who is still in the band? Is Buck still playing?

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

MCMLXXXIV
    Favorite VH Song

Too Many To List
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Raldo & diamondD,

Oh let me tell you what you've been missing

Blue Oyster Cult has never been away. They have continued to tour endlessly since releasing their last original album on Columbia back in 1988. I haven't kept up with their recording career since Columbia, but I know they've released two original albums.

The first time I saw BOC was 1990. Since then I've never gone more than 3 years at a stretch without catching a Cult show. I think my tally stands at 7 shows, making BOC my most-frequented pro band.

Since the mid-90s the lineup has been pretty constant. Buck Dharma is consistently an outstanding lead guitar player. His only drawback is his contract with Crate (of all people ). The guy hasn't changed since the early days, and has more than lived up to his entire catalog of material every time I've seen him. As a singer Buck still sounds great, too. Eric Bloom is still a solid lead singer (although his leads were never very demanding). The one original guy that only shows up intermittently is Allen Lanier, and when he happens to show he plays well, but man he's gotta lotta miles of very bad road on him. All three guys and the newer bass player (don't know his name) still pull the front stage 4-guitar assault where the song warrants. The weak link in the band is ex-Sabbath, ex-Rainbow drummer Bobby Rondinelli. He pulls a paycheck... [img]redface.gif[/img]

These guys are always on the road - go see 'em. Every tune is a f*cking winner with these guys - I've come away spent every time I've seen 'em. And what's great is that they're playing clubs in front of a couple hundred rabid fans, so you're up close & it's like being at am insane rally [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

I would say as a live music experience, short of my own band's shows , BOC is tops in my book. If you have teenage kids, try to catch a show that they can go to as well. You'll be setting a pretty high bar for them to measure all other concert experiences by...

The Real Deal
    <a href="http://www.the-real-deal.com/index.htm" target="_blank">The Real Deal</a> does old VH better than any other band in the SF Bay Area. Hearing is believing...

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Light Up The Sky
    Last Online

04.20.05 @ 02:39 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I gotta brag:

The company I work for, HDNet, an all high definition digital network did the production. I edited the DVD extras (interviews, behind the scenes, fans, etc.).

These guys seem really grounded, and very capable on their instruments. It is shaping up to be a kick ass DVD.

Enjoy!
    RLRR LRLL

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Balance/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/5150/Don\'t Tell Me
    Last Online

04.29.16 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey didle,

I may be helping out with a documentary that will be shot on HD. It's a civil war reenactment......right now were planning on shooting with 3-Chip Camcorders (Sony & Panasonic).........but word on the street is that Discovery Channel may want to do the HD thing with the production company that hired me.

I'll keep you posted.

BTW....I love that tune "Godzilla".....
    Actually I think most of us are Dave, Sam, and Mike fans. There's just a small group of people who have strange allegiances and like to get into petty pissing contests that I can't believe everyone on this site isn't bored of. - Brett

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Thank God, another live album from BOC. I think they're up to five. Anyway, Roser is a great song writer and guitarist. I've seen them both as BOC and in small clubs under their other name-"Soft White Underbelly".
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300