Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ed6150
    I just bought this cd last week and tell ya what , it ROCKS !!!! I was never into Maiden but back in June I went out and bought Best Of The Beast and , well the rest is history .

First , Bruce Dickinson is a AWESOME vocalist, Steve Harris is like the Eddie Van Halen of Bass Guitar . The whole band is a great bunch of musicians .

Brave New World is a cd you can listen to from start to finish .

Songs that I really like the best on it are ...

The Nomad : It stomps , it's scary , I would hate to run into the Nomad , he'd kick your ass

Thin Line Between Love & Hate : Very upbeat song , brought water to my my eyes , Bruce is a really great singer and it shows on here , kinda has a pop flavor to it . I love the way Bruce sings these lyrics

"I Will Hope
    My Soul Will Fly
    So I will live forever
    Heart Will Die
    My Soul Will Fly
    I will Live FOREVER"

Very Awesome , if you think he sings RUN TO THE HILLS high , listen to that part of the song .

The Fallen Angel : Simply Rocks , very heavy tune .

Put it this way , if you are looking for a great album to buy and to listen to , this is the one you want . It's very good and the sound is great . Great Band !!

[This message has been edited by Ed6150 (edited August 27, 2000 at 06:16 PM).]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

11.24.17 @ 06:35 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Yes I agree with you. I bought this album, with the idea that it wasn't goin to be good since they were dropped from Capitol records, the label which holds their best works. But was I ever wrong! This album took a few listens but after seeing them live 2 weeks ago, it is one of their best. THey have a few albums that I thought were crappy but I got interested in them again and relistened to them. They are a monster group of talent...UP THE IRONS!!

No Bozo's
    Friggin Buttrockers ...

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Told you you were gonna like it Ed6150!

------------------
    Eat Us And Smile!!!

"I may not be the best lookin' baby,
    But I'm the right tool for the job." - DLR 1998

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

09.26.17 @ 02:05 PM
    Liked 98 Times in 76 Posts

Yeah, it's great. Nomad and The Thin Line Between Love & Hate are my favourite,too.

Ed6150
    <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Spanish Doctor:
    Told you you were gonna like it Ed6150!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Damm Right
    Listen to it everyday on the way to work and I got a 50 mile drive , Very good album

Ed6150
    Where in the fuck are the Maiden fans??
    I know this is a VH site but sheesh , doesn't anyone else like IRON MAIDEN ???

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I've been listening to a ton of Iron Maiden recently. I've got all of their albums except for the two Blaze Bailey ones. Oddly enough, since when I was really into them in the mid 80's I was a huge Bruce fan, I'm especially loving the first two albums, Iron Maiden and Killers. When I first heard Brave New World I loved The Wickerman, but the rest of it didn't strike me as being up to par with their classic work. But the more I listen to it, the more I'm realizing that it's an amazing album that ranks right up their with their best albums. I don't really care for the intro of the song Brave New World, but once it gets going I love it. Dream of Mirrors is another one that I don't care for the start, but after that it's great. Really, there are no bad songs on Brave New World.

Outside of the music, I don't follow Maiden at all so I'm not aware of any of the circumstances of Bruce leaving and then returning. But certainly whatever the reasons were, they've been able to overcome it and make great music that stays true to their musical core.

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Ain\'t Talkin\' \'Bout Love
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

it rocks. my homey mikeKramer got me into maiden recently, and i listen to them everyday now. seeing them live just added fuel to the fire. a great group of musicians.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

09.22.12 @ 05:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I was a HUGE Maiden fan in high school (2nd only to VH). Over the last few years though I kind of lost interest with the departure of Adrian and Bruce and my musical tastes shifting a little bit away from the heavier stuff. I picked up the new CD and wasn't really sure if I would get into it. IT'S FUCKIN' AWESOME! The Thin Line Between Love and Hate is also my favorite song. Now I'm pissed because I haven't seen an Atlanta tour date yet.

Jim
    http://jimurban.home.mindspring.com

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

10.09.12 @ 02:50 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I still think BNW is a very good album. The ones I always come back to are the Di'anno albums though especially the first with its punk rock energy (and punk rock Eddie).

I saw the Maiden/Halford/Queensryche tour a month ago. Halford was in amazing voice, QR were okayish and at least played some old stuff. Maiden were very good though the set was a bit too full of new stuff plus the two Blaze songs. It needed more shorter, punchy numbers I think - great show though and they're great on stage too besides Jannick who's a goofball.

Ed6150
    Album of the year I think . Brave New World is the best rock album I have bought and heard besides Godsmack in along ass time ...

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 09:35 PM
    Liked 11,541 Times in 4,916 Posts

I really do not like Blaze Bailey's voice at all, and the couple tunes from him on "Best Of The Beast" blow chunks. I was never a huge Maiden fan, knew their famous stuff. With such a bad music scene now and VH falling off the planet, I have been re-discovering Maiden, have bought three of their albums, "Live After Death," "Best Of The Beast," and "Piece Of Mind." Gonna buy "BNW" I guess even though I got it off of Napster. I don't mind the Paul DiAnno stuff, but those early albums are so poorly produced it pisses me off. Would have like to have heard "Wrathchild" done better, I love that tune.

------------------
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Brett...

I have a "Wrathchild" MP3 re-sung by Bruce (over original guitar & drum tracks) in 1999 and it's totally killer. Now if only I had napster... do you have ICQ?

As for the 2 Blaze songs on BOTB, well Man on The Edge is OK. I kinda like it. It's actually one of the better songs off the X-Factor.

Virus however is a putrid waste of perfectly good plastic and a shame to the name "Iron Maiden".

------------------
    Eat Us And Smile!!!

"I may not be the best lookin' baby,
    But I'm the right tool for the job." - DLR 1998

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 09:35 PM
    Liked 11,541 Times in 4,916 Posts

Doc, I got that '99 version with Bruce actually. I was wondering if that was him, cause it sounded like him. The music sounded a bit better, must have been remastered and of course the vocals were smoking.

------------------
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com