Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register

Thread: Paul McCartney

Good Enough
    Last Online

08.17.07 @ 05:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Got surprised last night with two tickets to go see Sir Paul in concert in Chicago, and I've gotta tell you guys, it was some show!

The man is pushing 60, and he took the stage and never left it until he walked off for good, three hours later!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] The band left the stage for something like 30 minutes, while Paul stayed up and played solo.

He put on an amazing show. Mostly older stuff, but a few new ones too. Freedom (from the NYC benefit) and the theme from Vanilla Sky were two that I recognized. [img]smile.gif[/img]

If you get the chance, even though the seat prices are ridiculous, if you like the Beatles and/or McCartney... it's definately worth the price! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "May you die at age 128, in bed, shot to death by a jealous lover" DLR 2002

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

worth the price????
    [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img]

we were going to go until we discovered that we would have had to take out a small loan for those tix

talk about jackin' up your prices

I heard it was a great show, but for that price ,NO WAY was I going to go

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It IS unfortunate these artists who are already rich beyond their dreams have to charge so damn much for tix. (Paul isn't alone here either---so many artists charge a fortune)

Having said that I would have loved to see him in concert. I'm sure it was a kick-ass show LA!!!!

COOL!
    "Sorry about the mess..."<br /><br />~Han Solo Episode IV

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hain we had nosebleed seats... and they were high too. Still... they were a gift! We lucked out.

Even so, having seen the show, if I had the chance to go again, I'd buy the tickets. No doubt. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] I might need to take out a second on my house... and certainly couldn't eat or drink there...

Sticker price was insane though. $90 sweatshirts, $35 t-shirts... $20 posters... [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img]

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

What were ticket prices?

What was the setlist?

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by BrokenCombs:
    It IS unfortunate these artists who are already rich beyond their dreams have to charge so damn much for tix. (Paul isn't alone here either---so many artists charge a fortune)

Having said that I would have loved to see him in concert. I'm sure it was a kick-ass show LA!!!!

COOL!
    BC, it was AMAZING! [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]

He did three encores, though I suspect each was anticipated. Yesterday was in the last one... and he was singing and winking at fans, and got so carried away that he sorta lost his place! [img]redface.gif[/img] He messed up on the words (see! it happens to other people too, not just Frank and DLR! ) and the way he knew it, was the audience was singing it with him and we all got it right! [img]graemlins/sssh.gif[/img] He started to laugh... and plodded right along! The expression on his face was priceless [img]smile.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Dave stuff
    Favorite VH Song

Can\'t just have one...
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Uh, isn't Paul like a billionaire or close to it? Where's Mr. Lennon when you need him to put this guy in place! Btw, how's his voice these days?
    "I read somewhere that 77 per cent of all the mentally ill live in poverty. Actually, I'm more intrigued by the 23 per cent who are apparently doing<br />quite well for themselves." - Jerry Garcia (Grateful Dead)

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Last Online

09.23.12 @ 09:12 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I saw Paul a few years ago in Memphis. Great show! I'll bet it was even better in an arena instead of a stadium. Was gonna try to catch another one but it looks like I'll be searching for Dave/Sam and Lenny Kravitz tickets for traveling and the Eagles are coming to town this summer, so that'll cost an arm and a leg too.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

BALANCE
    Favorite VH Song

AFTERSHOCK
    Last Online

03.20.07 @ 12:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm going to see him next Sunday on Long Island, I can't wait!! Ticket prices were steep, I got 2 for about $100 each, but they are in the 32nd row, floor, which is fairly close to see a legend like that.

His setlist contains about 30 something songs including Band On the Run, Jet, Blackbird, Hey Jude, Let It Be, Yesterday, Something, Maybe I'm Amazed, Freedom, Hello Goodbye, Back In the USSR, The End, Here There Everywhere, Can't Buy Me Love and a bunch of solo/Wings stuff I don't really recognize.

Glad to hear you had fun LA, I can't wait to see him!

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

The first 6.66
    Favorite VH Song

Running with ME
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

John, George, and Stu Sutcliffe are sitting in my office laughing their asses off at this thread.

[img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by strungout:
    I'm going to see him next Sunday on Long Island, I can't wait!! Ticket prices were steep, I got 2 for about $100 each, but they are in the 32nd row, floor, which is fairly close to see a legend like that.
    We paid about the same, but we were high in the sky! Still... we were just off the stage, so they were excellent seats... well, okay not EXCELLENT, but we got a good view of him.

His setlist contains about 30 something songs including Band On the Run, Jet, Blackbird, Hey Jude, Let It Be, Yesterday, Something, Maybe I'm Amazed, Freedom, Hello Goodbye, Back In the USSR, The End, Here There Everywhere, Can't Buy Me Love and a bunch of solo/Wings stuff I don't really recognize.
    Sounds pretty similar to what we saw. He sounded great... voice was right on! I thought he looked wonderful... and he gets around great. He was running from center stage to the grand piano, to the organ, back to the piano. He even tossed his guitar (the old one from the Beatles)across the stage to the tech [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img] ...THAT was pushing it IMO! Luckily the tech caught it! There were only two songs that didn't sound remotely familiar to me.

Glad to hear you had fun LA, I can't wait to see him!
    It isn't cheap, but if you get the chance it is something! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Satan, I hope John and George were touched! Paul did a song in tribute to each of them. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] Now I can't remember what they were... but it was nice.