Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

11.24.17 @ 06:35 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I was trying to list all the concerts Ive seen over the past 14 years when I saw my first concert ( Phil COllins). I thought it would be neat to know who everyone's top 5 were. Mine were in no particular order

Pink FLoyd - Division Bell Tour 1994
    G3 - Satch, Vai and Johnson - (cause I was in 9th row)
    VH 3 tour - cause they sang Dave era tunes
    Paul McCartney - 1993
    Jimmy BUffett - any show of the 5 times ive seen him are worth mentioning.

Ed6150
    1.1986 - 5150 Tour (First concert Ever!!)

2.1997 - Veruca Salt ,Fig Dish ,Local H ,Clutch Cargo's Pontiac Michigan . Awesome Show.

3.1991 - F.U.C.K. Tour , Van Halen and Alice In Chains , 3rd row back Eddie's side , need I say more !?!

4.Michael Jackson - Don't care for him but the girl I was dating in 88 , mother had a extra ticket for the Bad Tour at the Palace , what the hell it was free Great show .

5.Montsters Of Rock 1988 - Pontiac Silverdome , oh my good !!! All day and the best was saved for last

Other shows I liked :

Creed 2000 Palace of Auburn Hills
    Aerosmith 9 Lives Tour at the Palace 1998
    Sammy Hagar MTM Tour 1997 Saginaw Michigan
    Veruca Salt at the Magic Stick Detroit 1999
    Warrant 1989 Harpo's Detroit
    Kiss- Faster PussyCat- Slaughter 1990 Saginaw
    Pearl Jam at Michigan State 1999
    Nirvana at Michigan State Fairgrounds 1992

[This message has been edited by Ed6150 (edited August 02, 2000 at 06:33 PM).]

Favorite VH Album

Anything with DLR
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.03.16 @ 12:26 PM
    Liked 175 Times in 81 Posts

This is a tough one, but...

1. Van Halen - San Diego, May 1984 (obvious #1)
    2. KISS - Milan, Italy, Dec. 1996 (Reunion Tour)
    3. Black Sabbath - Virginia Beach, Aug. 1999
    4. Judas Priest - Tokyo, Japan, Jul. 1986
    5. Motley Crue - Tokyo, Japan, Dec. 1987

Honorable Mention - Billy Joel, Subic Bay, Philippines, Jan. 1991

------------------
    Eat Us and Smile - Live in Front of your Naked Steaming Eyes !!!!

Look, I'll pay ya for it, what the f*%$ !!!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Streets
    Last Online

01.11.12 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

1. Billy Joel in 93 at the Bradley Center
    2. Metallica in 00 at the Bradley Center
    3. Sevendust in 00 at the Riverside Ballroom
    4. Live in 00 at the St. Norbert College Schuldes Sports Center
    5. P.O.D with Sevendust at the Riverside Ballroom.

Favorite VH Album

VHII, FW, 1984, 5150, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

You want me to pick just one?
    Last Online

11.28.17 @ 09:02 PM
    Liked 27 Times in 6 Posts

Damn Aquatic, no VH?!

------------------
    E.B.A.S.

"Someone asked me the other day what I thought I had learned about making music after all these years, and I said, 'Nothing'." -EVH

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 06:29 PM
    Liked 1,348 Times in 925 Posts

Always gotta be five favourite - I can't even pick five favourite fingers! So I'm gonna ignore the limit! I've included ticket prices (pre tax and service charge) when available so we can see how things have changed!:

Van Halen - May 16, 1981 at Cumberland County Civic Center, Portland, Maine - with The Fools

Don't remember much of the show - DLR asked for "tropical lighting" for "Everybody Wants Some!!" and said summer was for "getting f**ked up and wreckin' the old man's car" before "Ice Cream Man". I also thought the Fools were Van Halen when they came out because I wasn't expecting an opening band - boy did they look different in real life! It was general admission and I got right up front and spent a good portion of the Van Halen part of the evening trying to extricate myself from the masses. First concert ever, if you couldn't tell!

Foreigner - April 2, 1982 at Cumberland County Civic Center, Portland, Maine - with Bryan Adams ($12.50)

Second concert - memorable for the opening singer, who we all liked (and who wasn't famous yet), but we all thought his name was "Greg". Also found myself memorizing Foreigner's setlist. For future concerts I brought a notepad! Saw them in Worcester Centrum in 1985 with Joe Walsh ($15.00) but wasn't big into Joe at the time - too bad for me! Foreigner played well both times.

Yes - May 14, 1984 at Madison Square Garden, New York City, New York

Given tickets by the program director of WRKS as I was the only "white boy die hard rock 'n roller" that he could think of who worked there (college intern). Wasn't a big fan of Yes but I loved the show.

Aerosmith - August 4, 1984 at Worcester Centrum, Worcester, Massachusetts - with Orion the Hunter ($12.50)

Spent the major part of the show waiting for Steven to trip over his microphone cord and fall into Joe and start a show-ending fight. Luckily it never happened. Saw them two years later at the same venue ($14.50) with Ted Nugent - sound was horrible (for both acts) but at least Steven was cordless!

Dead Kennedys - November 16, 1985, New York City, New York

A rainy night in NYC - my former college roommate walks up to the club (can't remember if it was the Roxy or the Ritz) and says we won tickets on the radio. They let us in! Definitely a different experience. Jello could've used a cordless mike, too.

Peter Gabriel - December 2, 1986 at Madison Square Garden, New York City, New York -with Youssou N’dour

Another one rigged by my former roommate - his girlfriend worked at one of the New York stations and he "won" a call in. Wasn't a Gabriel fan but all it cost me was a drive up the New Jersey Turnpike, so what the hey. And it was a good show.

Billy Idol - April 11, 1987 at The Spectrum, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - with The Cult ($16.50)

Idol and his band sounded awesome. Did not care for the Cult.

Genesis - May 29, 1987 at Veterans Stadium, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - with Paul Young ($20.00)

Excellent show!

INXS - November 8, 1987 at University Of New Hampshire, Durham, New Hampshire - with Pop Will Eat Itself

The UNH field house was about the same size, may have even been smaller, than my hometown's gymnasium. Weird place to see a major band, but the show was great!

The Rolling Stones - September 24, 1989 at RFK Stadium, Washington, D.C. - with Living Colour ($28.50)

Both bands were great and the sound was excellent.

U2 - August 15, 1992 at RFK Stadium, Washington, D.C. ($28.50)

ZOO-TV - outside broadcast. Great show, terrible sound. Not as bad as Hampton Coliseum earlier in the year, but not as good as the Stones show I saw at RFK. Saw them on the POP-Mart tour in Miami in 1997 ($37.50) as well.

ZZ Top - May 14, 1994 at Hampton Coliseum, Hampton, Virginia - with Cry Of Love ($22.50)

Such a lot of sound from only 3 guys. Excellent show and it sounded awesome.

The Eagles - September 13, 1994 at RFK Stadium, Washington, D.C. - with Sheryl Crow ($45.00)

Another great show with subpar sound.

Jimmy Buffett - February 22, 1997 at Coral Sky Amphitheatre, West Palm Beach, Florida ($22.50)

Beautiful night, fun show.

Huey Lewis & the News - July 3, 1997 at Summerfest ,Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Great show, but more memorable for how my friend answered nature's call, and the consequences thereof.

KISS – April 11, 2000 at TD Waterhouse Center (Orlando Arena), Orlando, Florida - with Skid Row, Ted Nugent ($50.00)

Second KISS show (first in 1983 at Cumberland County Civic Center - $10.50), first with all original members. Even though I know too much about KISS now, I still like their early stuff and still loved this show - all the stuff you'd expect, fire, blood, etc.

------------------
    "Put out an A.P.B.
    For that hammerhead shark!"

Favorite VH Album

women and children first
    Favorite VH Song

humans being
    Last Online

02.10.12 @ 11:10 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Another great topic!!
    Sammy Hagar Chicagofest 1983 (front row fanatic)
    KISS 1999 (1st time seeing them live after waiting 20 somethin odd years to do so!)
    Rob Halford last week (Front row)
    Pink Floyd 1994 Soldiers Field Chicago (Epic)
    Van Halen F.U.C.K. tour (front row fanatic again!)
    ALL the Yes concerts I've attended
    Peter Gabriel 1993?
    Genesis The Mama tour(Excellent light show)

Last Online

08.10.15 @ 07:37 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member
    1. Soul Asylum, The Jayhawks, Pearl Jam - The Metro, Chicago, 1991.
    This was a S.A. show, who I loved before they started sucking. Pearl Jam opened the show about 2 weeks before their first album was released. All three bands were amazing!

2. Van Halen - Alpine Valley Music Theater, 1986

3. Superchunk - Milwaukee, 2000.

4. Sonic Youth, Everclear, Letter To Cleo, Elastica - Milwaukee, 1995.

5. The Replacements, many times between '86-'90.

Other noteables:
    any VH show
    Prince in '99
    Buffalo Tom - 1994
    Any number of All/Descendents shows
    Monsters of Rock - First 3 shows, 1988.
    Metallica, Quennsryche - 1989.

Eruption
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

4 concerts stand out in my mind:

1. Beastie Boys - Roseland, NYC, 1992: This was on the Check Your Head tour, before the Boys completely exploded in popularity (for the second time) in the mid-90's, in a club that holds about 1,500 people I'd guess (now they play Giants Stadium -- I wish they could still play a place like Roseland). Holy hell, what a show. Those guys can tear it up. It was general admission and I was about 5 feet from the stage.

2. Pearl Jam - Lollapalooza, VA, 1992: I thought Pearl Jam was a bunch of posers till I saw them live, and then I was blown away. This one was general admission too. Vedder seemed completely wasted -- they couldn't find him at the beginning of their set, Chris Cornell from Soundgarden was going to fill in, then they found him, he fell down during the second song, later his pants started falling down and a roadie ran onto stage and duct-taped them in place -- but he gave one of the best performances i've ever seen. They were so on it was scary. This was another general admission show so I was right up front.

3. Bob Mould (formerly of Husker Du and Sugar) solo acoustic - NYC, 1998: This guy is an amazing songwriter. He sounds better solo acoustic than most bands do with all their instruments.

4. The Ramones - The Ritz, NYC, 1989: This was the first time I saw them. The place was a madhouse - slamdancing, stage diving, you name it. I don't remember Joey Ramone talking to the audience, every time they finished a song they just launched into another one. Very intense. The opening band was Circus of Power, a good band whose members were bikers, and half of the club's balcony was reserved for members of the NYC chapter of the Hell's Angels, and Hell's Angels were all over the place during the show. Another general admission show (hmmm, maybe there's a pattern here . . . )

Honorable mentions:

Van Halen, 5150 tour, 1986
    Red Hot Chili Peppers, Lollapalooza 1992
    Jane's Addiction, Lollapalooza 1991
    Danzig (Soundgarden OPENED!), NYC, 1990

[This message has been edited by Sweet William (edited August 03, 2000 at 11:08 AM).]

Darth_Van_Halen
    1. Van Halen 3 (chicago) - 1st ever van halen concert

2. Garth Brooks 1997 (champaign) - sorry I don't like a lot of country, but I love Garth and the man can simply flat out perform

3. Lynard Skynard / ZZ Top 2000 (peoria) - Freebird - need I say anymore

4. Sammy Hagar Marching to Mars (peoria) - I love his audience interaction

5. Sammy Hagar Marching to Mars (springfield

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Streets
    Last Online

01.11.12 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah, Wolfie I have yet to attend a VH concert. I am only 20 years old and have only beena fan since '97. soon though

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 02:41 PM
    Liked 199 Times in 105 Posts

1. Bruce and the E Street Band
    1999, Boston

2. Rolling Stones, Bridges To Babylon Tour
    1998, Montreal

3. Kiss , Reunion Tour
    1996, Montreal

4. VH3,
    1998, Mansfield Mass. This is the infamous concert where Gary lost his voice and they came back the next night.

5. B.B King
    1999, Portland Maine
    If you EVER get a chance to see B.B. in a small dive like I did with maybe 500 people, DO IT. The man is like 76 or something and blew me away.

-mentions to, Aerosmith 93 and 97, and AC/DC when I go next week to see them in Quebec.

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

09.25.13 @ 12:04 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well, I don't know if I could come up with five, but let's see:

4. Eagles - When Hell Freezes Over Tour - Phoenix, Arizona - Sun Devil Stadium

3. Sammy Hagar at the HRC in Vegas - July 3rd, 1999...lost money, but it was a really fun show! I got him to autograph a pic while sitting on the stage near us fans during a guitar solo.

2. Van Halen 1984 - Reno, Nevada - Lawlor Event Center - back stage and met the boys. The concert was good, not the best, but the chance at meeting the boys brings this show right up there to number two.

1. Queensryche - Operation Livecrime (hands down the best concert I have ever seen).

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

So This Is Love?
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Van Halen-1998 Boston
    Jeff Beck-Orpheum Theater Boston 1999(I got Jeff's slide)
    Eric Clapton-1998 Boston Fleet Center
    Page And Plant-In Boston ripping thru Zep 1 and 2
    The Rollingstones-Bridges tour I was close!

Noteables-Sabbath,Deep Purple with ELP,Santana,Satriani,The Who,Allman Brothers,and Jimi Hendrix Experience......just kidding about that!I wish!

------------------
    2711 Don't ever drink anything you can't see through.
    "Call Me Sir God Damn It!"

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

1. Van Halen - 1986 (5150) - The Omni, Atlanta - My second concert ever. They played liked they had something to prove. Sammy was all over the place, Alex was poundin the Simmons pads, Michael sang his nuts off, and Eddie jumped. Awesome.

2. Bruce Springsteen - 2000 - The Pyramid, Memphis - I have so much respect for Bruce. He's pushin 50 and he played like his ass was on the line. Nearly 4 hours at full throttle. The man is a class act, and his band is out of this world.

3. The Replacements - 1990 - Tuscaloosa, AL - If quality dictated success, I would have been seeing these guys in Bryant-Denny Stadium, instead of Foster's Auditorium (Gym).

4. INXS - 1988 - Birmingham, AL - Go ahead and laugh if you want to, but I saw Metallica six months later, at the same venue and guess who kicked whose ass. Michael Hutchence owned the stage, and the band was tight as hell. I'm not lyin.

5. Pearl Jam - 1996 - Budapest, Hungary - Eddie Vedder probably said less than ten words all night, but that's alright, because the music did the talkin. These guys are so much better than most of the stuff out now - yeah I'm talkin to you Creed.

------------------
    "Eddie jumps!!!"

"I'm a spark on the horizon."