Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

10.22.09 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

U2 'Best Of' Boasts B-Sides, DVD

A limited edition bonus disc of B-sides and a DVD will accompany U2's second hits collection, "U2: The Best of 1990-2000," due Nov. 5 through Interscope. Dubbed "The Best of the B-Sides," the 14-track second disc includes such songs as "Summer Rain" and "Your Blue Room," as well as remixes of U2 tracks by the likes of Paul Oakenfold and Alan Moulder. The bonus DVD will boast exclusive content, including the "History Mix of U2 in the '90s."

As previously reported, "U2: The Best of 1990-2000" features two new songs, "Electrical Storm" and "The Hands That Built America." The former will be released as a single and will be supported by an Anton Corbijn-directed video starring actress Samantha Morton ("Minority Report") as a mermaid. The clip was recently shot in the French seaside town Eze.

"The Hands That Built America," meanwhile, will also be featured on the soundtrack to Martin Scorsese's long-anticipated "Gangs of New York." The Miramax film, which stars Leonardo DiCaprio, Daniel Day Lewis, and Cameron Diaz, is scheduled to open Dec. 25 in U.S. theaters.

The 16-track "1990-2000" disc includes such well known U2 songs as "Even Better Than the Real Thing," "Mysterious Ways," and last year's smash, "Beautiful Day." Four songs -- "Discotheque," "Gone," "Numb," and "Staring at the Sun" -- appear as "substantially reworked" versions courtesy of producer Mike Hedges.

The Irish quartet will follow up the audio collection with a "Best of 1990 - 2000" DVD, set for a Dec. 3 release. The set will include videos for songs on the A-sides disc along with commentary from directors Corbijn, Wim Wenders, Kevin Godley, Stephane Sednaoui, and Jonas Akerlund. The title will also feature alternative versions of video clips made for different countries, as early cuts, or to accompany different mixes, as well as six bonus tracks: "Please," " If God Will Send His Angels," "Wild Horses," "Lemon," "Last Night on Earth," and "Mofo."

The DVD will also include the short documentary "The Road to Sarajevo." The piece was filmed as the U2 prepared to perform in the Bosnian capital in 1997, and includes footage from the concert.

Here is the "U2: The Best of 1990-2000" track listing:

"Even Better Than the Real Thing"
    "Mysterious Ways"
    "Beautiful Day"
    "Electrical Storm" (William Orbit Mix)
    "One"
    "Miss Sarajevo"
    "Stay (Faraway, So Close!)"
    "Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of"
    "Gone" (new mix)
    "Until the End of the World"
    "The Hands That Built America"
    "Discotheque" (new mix)
    "Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me"
    "Staring at the Sun" (new mix)
    "Numb" (new mix)
    "The First Time"

Here is "The Best of the B-Sides" track listing:

"Lady With the Spinning Head" (Extended Dance Mix)
    "Dirty Day" (Junk Day Mix)
    "Electrical Storm"
    "Summer Rain"
    "North & South of the River"
    "Your Blue Room"
    "Happiness Is a Warm Gun" (The Gun Mix)
    "Salome" (Zooromancer Mix)
    "Even Better Than the Real Thing" (Perfecto Mix)
    "Numb" (Give Me Some More Dignity Mix)
    "Mysterious Ways" (Solar Plexus Club Mix)
    "If God Will Send His Angels" (Big Yam Mix)
    "Lemon" (Jeep Mix)
    "Discotheque" (Hexidecimal Mix)

-- Barry A. Jeckell, N.Y.

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 01:02 PM
    Liked 1,347 Times in 924 Posts

If I didn't have pretty much everything that U2 has released commercially, this lineup might upset me: "The Fly" and "Elevation" both M.I.A.? And I'd want more B-sides and less remixes on the bonus disk. That's the fun of it all though - I put 8 CDs together for my brother of U2 stuff - almost all of which has been available commercially on singles, but not on any of their prior albums - remixes, non-album tracks, live tracks - and I didn't include everything! But still I can't wait to get this collection, including the DVD in December. Hope they get the 1980-1990 videos on DVD at the same time.

Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

"Romeo Delight" & "Cabo Wabo"
    Last Online

09.21.15 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

No shit.

I'd rather have "The Fly" and "Elevation" on there instead of "Mysterious Ways" and "Stuck In A Moment...".
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

"This is a lttle prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this: Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen. ."

"I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."

-George Carlin 1937 - 2008

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Fair Warning
    Last Online

12.08.17 @ 06:26 PM
    Liked 195 Times in 117 Posts

According to U2's Official Site The Fly is the last track on the album...
    “And what we have at our fingertips is arguably one of the greatest high tenor voices ever – that was in Michael Anthony. In our tiny little corner of the universe, that voice is as identifiable as the high voice in Earth, Wind & Fire, as identifiable as the high voice in the Beach Boys. Van Halen is an indelicate house blend of both – that’s intentionally. So I would always look forward to that reunion.” - David Lee Roth

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Fair Warning
    Last Online

12.08.17 @ 06:26 PM
    Liked 195 Times in 117 Posts

Oops sorry... "The Fly" WAS included on the album last time I looked at the official U2 site. It seems they've changed their minds. Try this link for more details on the tracks removal.

[ September 03, 2002, 11:05 PM: Message edited by: Ian Sane ]
    “And what we have at our fingertips is arguably one of the greatest high tenor voices ever – that was in Michael Anthony. In our tiny little corner of the universe, that voice is as identifiable as the high voice in Earth, Wind & Fire, as identifiable as the high voice in the Beach Boys. Van Halen is an indelicate house blend of both – that’s intentionally. So I would always look forward to that reunion.” - David Lee Roth

Last Online

10.22.09 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Originally posted by Vince G.:
    No shit.

I'd rather have "The Fly" and "Elevation" on there instead of "Mysterious Ways" and "Stuck In A Moment...".
    Whenever they include "Elevation" on one of these compilations (there's plans for a third one in 2 years), I hope they don't use the remix version they did for Tomb Raider.