Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

I just got some of these bands' cds from Ebay and I forgot how well these guys rocked! I stumbled on Badlands' 2nd cd "Voodoo Highway" yesterday and it was a jamming little disc! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I got Y&T's "Contagious" today in the mail and man...talk about tossing me back down memory lane. That CD did it.

Anyone else remember these bands or get into them? Pretty good songs and very good musicians...Eric Singer was and still is a drum god, Ray Gillen was taken way too soon and Jake...ummm, what happened to Jake?
    "Once the final BAN has been completed I will ban myself." -OLO, March 21, 2002
    "The price of the steak sandwich over there is ridiculous!!" -Glenn, March 3, 2003
    "Hang on, I'll go ask everybody and be right back." -seenbad, March 11, 2003

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dirty Movies
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 08:12 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Badlands, especially the Voodoo Highway album, was always one of my favorites. You can find some info on jakeelee.com.
    "If at first you don't understand Van Halen's music, crank up the volume."
    -Washington Post, April, 1980

Favorite VH Album

Cover Bands from Pasadena
    Favorite VH Song

Babe Don't leave Me Alone
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

Yup Voodoo Highway is a great album [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    My Band
    Baluchitherium

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I LOVED Y&T's 'Black Tiger' album...That was a great band!!!
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Contagious is a good album! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I was in the car listening to the radio the other day, and Summertime Girls came on! I was really shocked to hear that after all this time. Great tune!

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

I've been on a Y&T binge lately, trying to get the old cd's. I got a bunch from Circuit City and 2 off ebay...now I have to get the "trilogy"...Meanstreak, Black Tiger and there was one other...forgot! Whoops! Anyway, I got 2 of the Y&T live albums as well as that joke of a "best of 81-95" set, although I will agree w/ya, Sacto..."Black Tiger" is a cool song!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Very heavy and it's got that evil and dark vibe to it! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

I agree w/ya MikeL about Contagious. I had that one jammed up to 11 in my car yesterday and it especially sounds awesome when it's real loud during "Armed & Dangerous", "LA Rocks" and the title cut.

"Summertime Girls" is one of the BEST summer cruising songs of all time, too! Crank it up peeps!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    "The price of the steak sandwich over there is ridiculous!!" -Glenn, March 3, 2003

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

The Dream Is Over
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cabo Kid:

"Summertime Girls" is one of the BEST summer cruising songs of all time, too! Crank it up peeps!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

True,man,been a long time since I listened to it.Hmmmmmmmmm......now if I can only find it again.
    Guitar player,extrordinaire(or at least I like to think)<br /><br />"....man,this is Van Halen,and i'm the singer." Sammy-1987<br /><br /><a href="http://www.guitartabs.cc/" target="_blank">www.guitartabs.cc/</a>

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.19.12 @ 01:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Oh man.......now you are talking my language.

Y & T and Badlands are two of my favorite bands of all-time.

Have you guys heard the last Y & T album? I think it came out in '99. "Endangered Species" is the title. Pick it up, you'll love it. Does anyone have Dave Meniketti's solo album? "On the Blue Side" is mainly a blues record and it rocks. Highly recommend that one. Check it out at www.meniketti.com

As for Badlands and Jake E. Lee.....have you picked up "Dusk" yet? It was the final album that was never 100% completed. They finally put it out last year. Not as good as the first two, but still good to have.

Jake E. Lee is in a new band called Bourgeois Pigs. Richard Black is the singer for this band. Richard is the man who most hollywood singers got their licks from. In fact if you listen to this guy sing and then listen to Axl Rose sing, you see where his influences were. Axl has even admitted to ripping off Richard. He was in a band called Shark Island in the late 80's that released one record which I highly recommend also. It's out of print, but you can find it on ebay sometimes. Anyway, I can't wait for this new album....hopefully it's soon. They have a website too, but it's not really up yet. www.bourgeoispigs.com
    "The sound of Van Halen was meant to spill out, all over your stereo and ruin the rest of your record collection "...David Lee Roth

Check out one of the best bands to come out of Arizona. Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers. www.rogerclyne.net

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it Later
    Last Online

02.21.17 @ 07:16 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts

I love both bands! Is it me, or is Y&T's "The kid goes crazy" reminiscent of "Hot for Teacher"? Meniketti's voice always reminded me of DLR.

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rxman:
    Have you guys heard the last Y & T album? I think it came out in '99. "Endangered Species" is the title. Pick it up, you'll love it.

As for Badlands and Jake E. Lee.....have you picked up "Dusk" yet? It was the final album that was never 100% completed. They finally put it out last year. Not as good as the first two, but still good to have.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

rxman, those are 2 discs I'd love to hear! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] I've been looking for both of them all over the place, but the only place close to having them is some auction on Ebay and some cat wanting $40+ to get it! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] I hope some distributor has the guts to put them out one day. I know I read on July 5th, or whatever that Tuesday is that week, there is supposed to be an "Essential Y&T" disc released...as well as an "Essential Black N' Blue" disc. These are just 2 GH packages from what I've read, but I'm gonna be there to pick 'em BOTH up! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ June 27, 2001 at 10:50 AM: Message edited by: Cabo Kid ]

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by naturallywired:
    I love both bands! Is it me, or is Y&T's "The kid goes crazy" reminiscent of "Hot for Teacher"? Meniketti's voice always reminded me of DLR.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've always kinda thought that one too. There is DEFINITELY a VH vibe going on with "The Kid Goes Crazy". BTW, you wanna talk "Hot For Teacher" influence??? Check out Stryper's "Against the Law" cd and pop in "Not That Kind Of Guy". The VH-influence reaches EVERYBODY!!!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.19.12 @ 01:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Cabo........

Did a quick search. I found both of them on www.amazon.com

The "Dusk" cd was $20.00 and the "Endangered Species" cd was $15.00 plus they had someone on there who was selling a used copy for $9.00.

I also found the "Endangered Species" at this great record store in Phoenix. They were selling it for about $15.00 too. www.cdgbs.com
    "The sound of Van Halen was meant to spill out, all over your stereo and ruin the rest of your record collection "...David Lee Roth

Check out one of the best bands to come out of Arizona. Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers. www.rogerclyne.net

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Thanks for the tip, rxman! I guess I'm headed down the Amazon for a little trip! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

It's too bad these bands didn't get the support they could have gotten back in the days...I think they could have been even bigger than they were. Badlands kinda had that sound that made them a bit more "mature" than a band like Poison and Warrant and Y&T, I feel, was about 5 years too early to really get on board the "hair band" express. I don't know if A&M records really ever had a successful hair band though. I know they had Y&T and Keel, but I don't know if they really knew or wanted to market who they had.

Badlands was on Atlantic, the same label that pushed Mr. Big and Winger. Probably because BL didn't have a "power ballad" was one of the reasons they got left behind...too bad. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dirty Movies
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 08:12 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Yeah, Badlands' Dusk is great. It was never completely finished, so it's very raw...but in a cool way. It's so cool Jake or whomever decided to release it. I actually think their first album, the self titled one, was a tad bit over produced...not overly, but just a bit...but still rocked. I never actually saw them, but from bootlegs I love the energy these guys had live too. They just didn't let Atlantic turn them into a wimpy flavor of the month band...and that's a good thing. RIP Ray Gillan...
    "If at first you don't understand Van Halen's music, crank up the volume."
    -Washington Post, April, 1980