Register
    Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just picked this up the day before yesterday and I must say that I'm totally blown away! The sound quality on this thing is above and beyond. Zakk Wylde is a force to be reckoned with on the guitar. He looks like a freakin' barbarian up on that stage! During his guitar solo he pays homage to both Hendrix and EVH, which I thought was way cool.

The only gripe I have is that The Ultimate Sin was left out of the discography.

[ June 30, 2002, 05:04 AM: Message edited by: Jason ]

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

03.22.09 @ 10:18 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I really like the DVD

Zaak's solo with the Star Spangled Banner was great .

the only bad thing I can say about the DVD is that begining of Mr Crowley does not sound good at .

The half hour of the Osbournes was Cool.

I was also hopeing that Ozzy intro reel that was shown befrore his shows on the last would have been included. The thing was funny as hell. The only thing I can think of is maybe they did not show it for the shows in Japan.

Would have been nice if they included the Videos for Gets Me through and Dreamer on it. I guess I am asking for too much.

from the length of Zaak's bbead I wonder if he is thinking about joining ZZ TOP

[ June 30, 2002, 07:29 PM: Message edited by: Pasadena Murdock ]
    “I made some mistakes tonight but we sing and play our f***ing instruments. Accept no substitute “ Tom Petty at the Darien Lake Performing Arts Center July 3, 2002

Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

"Romeo Delight" & "Cabo Wabo"
    Last Online

09.21.15 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I picked it up on Thursday and watched it for the first time yeterday (Saturday) while prepping for BBQ here at the house.

Yes, it's an outstanding video, but all I'll say is this:

It made me miss Japan that much more. And, made me miss going to concerts in Japan as well.
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

"This is a lttle prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this: Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen. ."

"I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."

-George Carlin 1937 - 2008

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

IT'S AWESOME!!!!!! I just bought it today, I saw Ozzy live a few months ago and I think the DVD is better than actually being there! Zakk Wylde is incredible!!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

This is a pretty cool DVD. Like Jason said to start with, Zakk looks like a fuckin' barbarian out there. And shit can he play the guitar! Plus, he likes to spit too.

The sound is really good, though there are a couple of minor spots (especially towards the end) where it gets a bit crunchy. Some of the last couple drum shots in No More Tears for example.

Speaking of the drums, Bordin is a madman on the kit. If the option was there, I'd set the player just so I could watch him pound the shit out of the drum kit. Very impressive performance from him I thought.

Ozzy is funny, it's hilarious to watch when he's standing dead still and STARING at the tele-prompter in front of him. Plus, there are times when he's barely moving his lips along with the words, so you know they overdubbed the vocals to some degree.

Back to Zakk for a second, does anyone else get the impression that he could play Amazing Grace on a ukelele and make it sound like a metal riff? [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Crazy Train is awesome, probably the highlight of the DVD for me. Didn't really hit me the first time I watched it, but the second time I realized that it has to be one of my favorite songs of all time. And oddly enough (and this may sound lame), when I was watching them play it, I had the strangest feeling of how cool it would have been for Ozzy to say, "we're going to bring an old friend out for this one" and have Randy Rhoads blasting out this tune in 2002. Odd (and sad) thought, but I know it's got me reaching for my old, mangled, copy of Tribute.

BTW, the Osbournes stuff is stupid. I've never seen the show and now I really don't care to. The backstage stuff with the band is cool, that should have been featured more in depth; I don't care about Ozzy's kids.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Glenn:
    [QB]

Back to Zakk for a second, does anyone else get the impression that he could play Amazing Grace on a ukelele and make it sound like a metal riff? [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

QB]
    Actually Glenn, on Zakk's latest CD, he does a version of "America The Beautiful" on an acoustic guitar and the tune is a handled delicately and gracefully. If you heard his rendition of this song and nothing more from him, you'd probably never figure him to be a metal guitarist! [img]smile.gif[/img]

BC
    "Sorry about the mess..."<br /><br />~Han Solo Episode IV

Good Enough
    Last Online

06.29.07 @ 03:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I accidently bought the EDITED cd at walmart about a week ago. I felt like such a dope when my girlfriend pointed out the big EDITED VERSION printed across the top. I know the topic here is the most excellent dvd, but could you imagine trying to listen to that cd with bleeps!.......I quickly brought it back and got a refund....

I wish the Walmart censors would fry in HeLL!!!!
    From 3-13 to 10-6 and NFC South Champs.....go Saints!

My Hurricane Katrina pics

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

Originally posted by Dennis:
    I accidently bought the EDITED cd at walmart about a week ago. I felt like such a dope when my girlfriend pointed out the big EDITED VERSION printed across the top. I know the topic here is the most excellent dvd, but could you imagine trying to listen to that cd with bleeps!.......I quickly brought it back and got a refund....

I wish the Walmart censors would fry in HeLL!!!!
    LOL! That sucks, Ozzy swears a lot too! Good thing you brought it back.
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!