the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 965 Times in 386 Posts

anyone get this album yet?

holy farginn shit! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/scared.gif[/img]

zakk wylde is back with a vengance and ozz man sounds kick ass. great soundin album, go and get it!

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I would have bought it last week but it was so expensive at every place I checked. [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] But I like what I've heard from it so far. [img]smilies/thumb.gif[/img]
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Light Up The Sky
    Last Online

04.20.05 @ 02:39 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

No shit huh? Who else is in the lineup?
    RLRR LRLL

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Robert Trujillo is the bassist and Mike Bordin is the drummer. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning=Dave 5150=Sammy
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained or Summer Nights
    Last Online

11.09.16 @ 04:17 AM
    Liked 65 Times in 41 Posts

Check this out http://www.ozzynet.com/ Check out the video

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.08.17 @ 01:39 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

I just bought Down To Earth today! [img]smilies/bounce.gif[/img] It's a good album, there isn't any track that blows me away like a Perry Mason or No More Tears, but there isn't any song I don't like either. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

It's a solid album, nice n' heavy. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I think I like Junkie the best, also Dreamer is cool, it sounds like a Beatles song with Ozzy singing. [img]smilies/thumb.gif[/img]

[ October 25, 2001 at 09:06 PM: Message edited by: YankeeRose ]
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Jamies\' Cryin
    Last Online

12.15.13 @ 10:18 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I love the songs "Facing Hell" ...it's got a sweet heavy sound..."No Easy Way Out" also has a nice kick......The entire cd is not his best but still has some gems.. [img]smilies/thumb.gif[/img]
    FREE THE WEST MEMPHIS 3 !!!

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Just bought this today. I wasn't sure if I wanted it or not, but the sticker said it featured video extras of Randy and Ozzy. Turns out it's just those clips that are featured in the Crazy Train video, the ones that appear to be from a rehearsal hall. Cool footage, but hardly that rare. The funniest part is Sharon telling the story about Ozzy bringing home the Japanese woman. I laughed my ass off at that.

Anyway, I watched the Randy footage before even listening to the album, which might have been a mistake. The music is pretty average in my opinion, a bit better than Ozzmosis, but then that's not really saying much. Seeing the Randy stuff and then hearing this album really reminds me of how great the Rhoads/Osbourne partnership was.

I'll spin this album a bunch more, hopefully it gets a bit better. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 965 Times in 386 Posts

i like the groove sound it has to it. i like zakk's playing as well. i don't see y peeps bag on him so much and shit..the guy is good. he must be if he's playin with ozz. ozz don't fuck around [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

MCMLXXXIV
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The Zakk Wylde-era Ozzy stuff to me was always the best, even better than the Rhoads-era. The No More Tears albums was just amazing. Zakk is basically a good "meat and potatoes" riffer who doesn't fuck around when it comes to slinging the axe. At first listen the new record was really generic and didn't strike me as that good but as I listened to it again I realized that it IS a good album.

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

To me, Ozzy's never done anything nearly as good as Blizzard of Ozz or Diary of a Madman. His only other album that comes close is No More Tears. But I think the two Jake E. Lee albums (Bark at the Moon and The Ultimate Sin) are way better than either No Rest For the Wicked or Ozzmosis. And with only one listen under my belt, I'd say the new album is worse than the Jake albums too.

I'm not sure what the circumstances were behind the Ozzy/Jake split, but Jake is definitely not mentioned or shown much in any of the Ozzy bio-type clips you see. It's like he's the forgotten man. [img]smilies/sssh.gif[/img]

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

10.09.12 @ 02:50 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Glenn:
    To me, Ozzy's never done anything nearly as good as Blizzard of Ozz or Diary of a Madman.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sabotage and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] But yeah....I agree.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>
    I'm not sure what the circumstances were behind the Ozzy/Jake split,
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pretty acromonious from what I remember. Not that it's relevant, but Jake is legally blind.......not relevant at all in fact [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

A lot of people seem to like the new Ozzy and a lot of people bought it. But given what Zakk himself has said about the writing, the fact that Ozzy had to be basically sent to the studio by his record company to finish it (a few years late), the "bonus" cd featuring Randy to sell a few more copies and what I've heard myself - it sounds kind of like people are really desperate for new music and Ozzy himself probably isn't that confident about the material.

Lifde would be boring if we all had the same opinion of course....but what are the odds that Ozzy's next setlist is 75% Randy and Sabbath songs? [img]smilies/thumb.gif[/img]

[ October 28, 2001 at 08:21 PM: Message edited by: Jonathan ]
    Delusions of eloquence

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Jonathan, have you got Down To Earth? If so, what do you think of it?

I'm right back at it, listening to it again. It's so generic, every song sounds the same to me, nothing stands out. The last bunch of songs, Running Out of Time, Black Illusion, Alive, and Can You Hear Them are just bad songs. And this album has some seriously lame lyrics on it. Gets Me Through, which I wasn't impressed in from the start, is really corny.

Facing Hell is a decent song, but again, pretty generic to my ears. I'm a fan of Ozzy overall, I like material from all his guitarists, but this is pretty weak.

And J, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath kicks serious ass, Master Of Reality is right up there too. I honesty don't have Sabotage, so I can't comment. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

10.09.12 @ 02:50 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Glenn:

And J, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath kicks serious ass, Master Of Reality is right up there too. I honesty don't have Sabotage, so I can't comment. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[img]smilies/scared.gif[/img] You don't have Sabotage? Buy it yesterday - it's the culmination of everything from Paranoid through SBS. Heavy riffs but done with much more complicated arrangements. Buy Vol4 while you're at it too, those four albums are pretty much the pinnacle of metal IMO.

No, I don't have DTE. I've heard enough clips to not buy it - though I was almost tempted by the Randy cd. I honestly don't really care for anything Ozzy has done since Randy died besides a handful of songs. One way or another I have (or had) every studio album up to and including Ozzmosis - not getting burned again.
    Delusions of eloquence

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Definitely feel like I should have bought a Sabbath album before Down To Earth. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/redface.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jonathan:
    I honestly don't really care for anything Ozzy has done since Randy died besides a handful of songs.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Which tunes do you like?

What do you think of Speak of the Devil?

Anybody have any idea when these new Ozzy remasters are coming out? There's supposed to be extra tracks, so I think I'll definitely pick up the Randy albums, since mine could use replacing anyway.