Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

06.15.14 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Did anyone else watch this? I must say that I watched just about all of it except for Macy Gray, I just cant take her. Overall I think the concert was good and It was great to see the firefighters and policemen of NY having a good time after all they have gone through in these past 6 weeks. The best performances, in my opinion, were from Eric Clapton, Billy Joel, John Cougar Mellencamp and the Who by far blew everyone else away, they were Awesome!
    You can twist perceptions
    Reality won't budge

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning!
    Favorite VH Song

So This Is Love?
    Last Online

12.13.13 @ 12:26 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Panama Dog:
    Did anyone else watch this? I must say that I watched just about all of it except for Macy Gray, I just cant take her. Overall I think the concert was good and It was great to see the firefighters and policemen of NY having a good time after all they have gone through in these past 6 weeks. The best performances, in my opinion, were from Eric Clapton, Billy Joel, John Cougar Mellencamp and the Who by far blew everyone else away, they were Awesome!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I heard about it, but missed it...sounds like a great show. I've seen Mellencamp a few times and I am never disappointed. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
    "The spirit can not be contempt. The spirit can not be sour and angry" - DLR on The NEW Van Halen

"Shutthefuckupity" - DIF on John Cusack.

"Baby, where'd you sleep last night?
    Your hair is all tangled
    and you ain't walking right." - Robert Johnson

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Maybe you'll disagree, but I really liked Paul McCartney's performance. I thought he sounded great and I like the new songs he performed... Additionally the live version of Let It Be with a bunch of the other performers singing along was great in my opinion. (Of course I am slightly biased, as The Beatles are my SECOND favorite rock and roll group.)

By the way, I really liked Paul's new song "Freedom" I thought it was nice!

Anyone else agree????

~BC
    "Sorry about the mess..."<br /><br />~Han Solo Episode IV

Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

BC, I thought Paul McCartney was great for setting up the whole concert and making it happen, but as far as his new songs, including the freedom song, I really didn't like them very much. He should have stuck to singing all Beatles tunes or at least some songs from Wings. Let it Be and Yesterday were great though. Personally, I think they should have ended the show with the Who. That would have been the perfect ending to that show.
    Reality won't budge

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah I guess Paul shouldn't be allowed to sing any songs written past 1970. That's silly man... with all due respect, that would make him nothing more than a nostalgia act if he did that. I love The Beatles, but I respect and like the fact that Paul is still writing and recording new and (IMHO)exciting material. Unlike some other bands we know and love [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

~BC
    "Sorry about the mess..."<br /><br />~Han Solo Episode IV

Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I agree BC, at least Paul is trying to write and play new songs and that is very commendable. The man who is afraid to risk failure seldom has to face success - John Wooden
    Reality won't budge

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"5150"
    Last Online

04.05.12 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BrokenCombs:
    Yeah I guess Paul shouldn't be allowed to sing any songs written past 1970. That's silly man... with all due respect, that would make him nothing more than a nostalgia act if he did that. I love The Beatles, but I respect and like the fact that Paul is still writing and recording new and (IMHO)exciting material. Unlike some other bands we know and love [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

~BC
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Paul has written quite a few good songs since '70. Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey, Jet, Band on the Run, Maybe I'm Amazed, Take It Away, No More Lonely Nights, and yes, even Ebony and Ivory [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] are great pop songs IMHO.
    [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I don't think his output has been that great since the mid-1980's, but I'd take this newer work over 90% of the other crap that other "veteran" rockers have produced recently.
    Scott Roberts
    The Official Scott Roberts Blog - http://www.scottrobertsweb.com
    FORMER owner of The VH Trade Site - http://www.vhtrading.com

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

What I saw was good, but there was too much talking and not enough music on it IMHO. [img]smilies/sleep.gif[/img]
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:32 AM
    Liked 28 Times in 13 Posts

Donor

How 'bout that idiot Richard Gere getting up and spouting about how "we don't need to be thinking about retribution or revenge right now, but about finding a peaceful resolution to this", or something ot that effect? [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

HELLLOOOOO????? This place was packed with people who had lost Dads, husbands, brothers, and sons to that madman Bin Laden. And this gerbil-humper has the rocks to say this in front of them? [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] Needless to say, it was met with a chorus of boos.

I hope several of FDNY's finest were waiting for him outdside to whip his Buddha worshipin' behind. [img]smilies/thumb.gif[/img]

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

10.09.12 @ 02:50 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BrokenCombs:
    Yeah I guess Paul shouldn't be allowed to sing any songs written past 1970. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

All credit to PM for organizing the show but this wasn't his own gig. There was a huge worldwide audience - as well as 5000 cops and firefighters who'd been there for 5 hours and just wanted some entertainment after a pretty horrible month. Given the circumstances I don't think it would have been such a bad thing if he'd played 5 songs which everyone on the planet knows rather than trying to sell his new album.

The Who stole the show, no question.
    Delusions of eloquence

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Sorry to say it, but McCartney's voice is on the way out. Yeah, I know the guy's 60 years old, but there's been a serious loss in his singing ability since the last time I heard him. As for his new song.... Good gesture, but it sounds like he crapped out the lyrics in about 10 minutes like Samm... well, let's just say that somewhere, John Lennon was laughing his ass off.

Unfortunately, I forgot all about this thing till the last half hour, so I missed the Who, Mick & Keith, and anyone else who was any good. Why isn't VH 1 repeating this 50 times a day like they do everything else? [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

As for the Richard Gere thing, I think the man has a valid point. No, I'm not saying there is a "peaceful" way to stop Bin Laden, but for people to be carrying around so much fucking hatred is destructive to them as individuals and to this country as a whole (Anyone who doubts this, take a look at the level of hatred in the WTC forum at the Army)

When this country becomes a place where no point of view is acceptable except the one pushed by the government and anyone who disagrees is treated with hate and called slanderous names, then how the fuck are we any better than the Taliban??.

And it's getting damn close to that already.
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:32 AM
    Liked 28 Times in 13 Posts

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FORD:

As for the Richard Gere thing, I think the man has a valid point. No, I'm not saying there is a "peaceful" way to stop Bin Laden, but for people to be carrying around so much fucking hatred is destructive to them as individuals and to this country as a whole (Anyone who doubts this, take a look at the level of hatred in the WTC forum at the Army)

When this country becomes a place where no point of view is acceptable except the one pushed by the government and anyone who disagrees is treated with hate and called slanderous names, then how the fuck are we any better than the Taliban??.

And it's getting damn close to that already.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I hear ya' FORD, and I agree that everyone's opinion should be heard. That's what so cool about our country. But I still think that Gere could have used a little more tact. To look at a few thousand greiving souls who's loved ones are being fished out of the rubble peice by peice and tell them, "You really shouldn't be angry" is ludicrous. He's got an opinion? Fine. It was just the wrong place and the wrong time to express it, that's all.

And I've looked at the VH1 schedule for the next week and haven't found where they're re-running the show. Makes me wonder if it's going straight to video.

[ October 22, 2001 at 11:01 AM: Message edited by: jaybird ]

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I heard a recap of the audience boo-ing Hillary Clinton off the stage this morning [img]smilies/devil.gif[/img]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<br /><br />God Bless the USA!!!!<br />~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I completely forgot about Richard Gere's stupid remarks when I started this topic. What a dumbass! After he said what he said I said to myself "Is he allright in the head, does he know where he is?" I almost felt bad for the guy because you know his intentions were good.
    Reality won't budge

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

10.09.12 @ 02:50 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

WIll Ferrell as GWB was pretty funny. 'We're gonna smoke 'em out, then back in, then out, then in again.....I can do whatever the hell I want, my approval ratings like 106%" .......or something like that. Operaman was surprisingly funny too.
    Delusions of eloquence