Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

All of them pretty much
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i came across this..

OT: Hey Zakk, what’s goin’ on dude?

Zakk: I’m just doin’ press for the album and stuff like that, man.

OT: That’s cool. I actually just got the new CD in the mail yesterday and listened to it on the way to a show. Very good, very good.

Zakk: I appreciate it man.

OT: It’s got some really heavy guitar riffing, I always dig on that.

Zakk: It’s good beer drinkin’ music and when you wanta f*ck your old lady. That’s what it’s for.

OT: Absolutely, absolutely. So tell me, is there a concept behind the title 1919 Eternal? How did you come to call it by that name?

Zakk: Well the original title was, Osama, We’re Gonna Blow Your F*ckin’ Brains Out, do it with a 12-gauge, shovin’ it up his ass. Yeah, but the whole thing with the record company was they didn’t think the local record stores would be carryin’ that, y’know? So what happened with 1919 Eternal is, my old man is a World War II vet, he was at D-Day so he was like first wave at Normandy. So it’s pretty much the whole Black Label creed - S.D.M.F. - for Strike, Determination, Merciless, Forever.

OT: Right on, that‘s some heavy sh*t.

Zakk: So that’s part of the 1919 name, and the other half is that 1919 was the year my old man was born.

OT: Very cool. So in your opinion what are the differences between this album and the previous Black Label Society albums?

Zakk: It’s just more pissed off and more violent, that’s about it. (Laughter)

OT: Were you motivated in any way by everything that happened on September 11th?

Zakk: Actually I had the whole album done, from when I was with Ozzy, we were just writin’ the new album. What happened was Sharon asked me to come up with some bonus tracks for Down to Earth. So I’d be coming down and we were workin’ on the material for the album. At the end Ozz was just like “Zakk, I’ve been writin’ for awhile, I’ve got all these songs and I’m really happy with the stuff I got.” Y’know ‘cuz he’d been writin’ with a whole bunch of different people. So he said, “If you can just go and play your ass off on it.” and that’s it. I was just like, “Allright no problem, boss.” ‘Cuz he’s the boss and it’s like if that’s what you want, no problem. I just had all these tunes lyin’ around, so when the record company asked me to go in and do it, as soon as we got finished doin’ Ozzy’s stuff we just went right in and knocked it out. Somebody’s gotta pay for the beer! (Laughter)

OT: Right on, that’s for sure. Well cool, so you’re doin’ Black Label Society, you’re tourin’ with Ozzy, when do you take a break, man? It’s like you’re busy 24-7 now.

Zakk: No I can’t, man. I’m married with children, man. Gotta deal with it. It’s just insane. After we got done doin’ the movie (Rock Star) we just went straight out on the road and continued touring constantly we just made the record and headed back out on the road. For me, I don’t even have enough time to... I gotta squeeze time in to have phone sex with my wife.

OT: Oh no, sh*t.

Zakk: That’s brutality.

OT: Speaking of the movie, how did that whole thing play out? Are you going to do more acting in the future?

Zakk: Yeah I mean if Mark [Wahlberg] calls me up again and wants to me to be a drug-dealer in a movie or something like that, or they wanta make a remake of Death Wish or Dirty Harry - yeah, no problem. ‘Cuz to me Mark Wahlberg’s a super-cool guy and Jennifer Aniston, they’re good people. As far as how things went during the shoot it was like this, when Steve Harrick the director wanted me to go down and do the movie, I said, “Lemme get this straight, you want me to come down there, play guitar all day, drink beer, lift weights and fire a 12-gauge? You’re gonna pay me for this?” (Laughter) It was pretty much a no-brainer.

OT: We actually covered the Metal God concert that happened at the L.A. Sports Arena when you guys did some of the filming there. That was great, it was a lot of fun. I think we actually had a photographer in the pit even though we weren’t supposed to. They never let us know until after the fact, so I think we were one of the only magazines that got away with some still shots of the shoot. And she was on your side of the stage so I think all the shots are of you.

Zakk: Oh, brutality. I guess they ain’t pretty. (Laughter)

OT: Noticing the chain tattoos on your arms that day I thought you‘d really gone and done it. I had no idea they weren‘t real!

Zakk: Yeah, totally. The guy that was doin’ it is a marine and actually is a tattoo artist, he’s the guy that did DeNiro’s in Cape Fear and stuff like that.

OT: Oh really? That’s pretty f*ckin’ cool .

Zakk: Yeah.

OT: He did a great job, it fooled quite a few of us actually. Now your particular style of playing can best be described as balls-out, down and dirty old school heavy metal. I wouldn’t say there’s even a hint of anything that would fall into the new metal category, nothing about it at all.

Zakk: No, it’s definitely not to be confused with the new metal... we just play iron!

OT: Right, right. So with that in mind what do you think about the way metal’s evolved today?

Zakk: Well I mean, music’s gotta evolve. Things have gotta change, I’m happy with who I am. I’m not gonna try to keep up with the Joneses. Put it this way, I’m not gonna cut my hair, put on a pair of Vans and smoke my own junk and start learnin‘ how to rap. Let’s face it that‘s not gonna fix anything, you know what I’m sayin’?

OT: Right, I completely agree. Now from a guitar-player’s stand-point, you’re considered by many to be one of the last great axe players to come into existence.

Zakk: Maybe one of the best beer-drinkin’ guitar players, that‘s about it! (Laughter)

OT: Well I mean, you can play lead, most of the guys out there nowadays don’t even know what the f*ck a scale is.

Zakk: Well y’know it’s either that, or they’re not even interested. But the guys that always inspired me were Frank Marino from Mahogany Rush, and Randy Rhoads, and hearin’ Eddie Van Halen and Jimi Hendrix.

OT: Those are definitely the masters. So I’ve been hearing rumor, and you can correct me if I’m wrong on this, obviously you come across as a very intimidating person, you’re very much into the party thing. You mention you’re married with kids, you still find time to party out on the road and I’ve heard that it’s really wild, like when you were with Ozzy you actually had your own bus to kinda separate all the mayhem from everything.

Zakk: Oh it’s still a berserkus man. When we get out with Black Label it’s all about, rottweilers ravens, chains, skulls, alcohol-fuel brutality.

OT: Did you get your own tour bus when you were with Ozzy?

Zakk: I had one when we were out on this run. Yeah it was really cool, I had my brother-in-law out with me, then I had a sergeant of arms, buddy of mine Phil, of the Society, the New York chapter. So he was out and ah, no it was way cool, man.

OT: So are you looking to ever do some work with Ozzy again, like writing or collaborating on an album maybe?

Zakk: Yeah, of course, whenever he asks me to. I’ll always be there for him, he’s the god-father to my son.

OT: Very cool. Do you know if you’re going to be playin’ Ozz Fest this year?

Zakk: Yeah, we’re doin’ it. I’m gonna be playin’ with Black Label and then I’m gonna come out and play with Ozzy.

OT: Right on, that’s f*ckin’ awesome.

Zakk: Yeah. Double-duty. I mean like I said somebody’s gotta pay for the beer!

OT: Totally. Well, Zakk, I think that’s about all the questions I have for you.

Zakk: Allright, brother. Hopefully I’ll see you out on the OzzFest. Which one you gonna be at? The L.A. one?

OT: The L.A. one. Last I heard Ozzy had said he wasn’t gonna do it at Blockbuster anymore, so I don’t know where they’re plannin’ on doin’ it. I heard rumor it might be Verizon Wireless, so we‘ll see.

Zakk: I don’t know what Sharon’s got planned, but I’m still gonna be out there.

OT: Well cool, man. We’re definitely gonna be hooking up with you. I love the new album, I’ve only actually listened to it one time because I just got it yesterday, so.

Zakk: Well go get a case of beer and listen to it, man!

OT: Right on, I‘ll do that.

Zakk: Allright, bro. I’ll talk to you in a bit, man.

OT: Ok, later.
    This is home, this is Mean Street!<br /><br /><b><br />Then one year you find ten years have gotten behind, no one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun. - Pink Floyd, Time</b><br /><br />"Everyone knows that Van Halen with Roth is the only real Van Halen."- Mike Tramp<br /><br /><a href="http://www.vhforums.com/vhlforum/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=001366&p=66#00 1635" target="_blank"> OBEY THE DFK!!</a>

Favorite VH Album

VHII, FW, 1984, 5150, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

You want me to pick just one?
    Last Online

11.28.17 @ 09:02 PM
    Liked 27 Times in 6 Posts

Great read, Mean_Street! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] Zakk's a hell of a player, that's for sure.
    "One of the reasons I left Sabbath was because Van Halen was blowing us off the stage every night. It was embarrassing." -Ozzy Osbourne

"When I first heard "Runnin' With The Devil" on the radio, I was stunned and found myself dizzy, walking through my high school hallways thinking, "What was THAT?!"
    Eddie Van Halen was so innovative and kicked so much ass, and David Lee Roth was for a time indisputably the Greatest Man in America.
    If aliens came down and challenged us to a Battle of the Bands to decide the fate of Planet Earth, I would feel very confident putting early Van Halen forward as our champion." -Tom Morello

"A lot of bands mature, which means they get square; they start delivering messages. Hey, you got a message, use Western Union." -DLR

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

FW,WACF,Van Halen 1, FUCK,Balance,5150
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL,Not Enough
    Last Online

06.16.05 @ 08:22 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yep. I have also picked up his new album it is pretty good.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

Here's another interview

but Mean Street, I gotta warn ya, he talks nasty in this one! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Eat Us and Smile!

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

FW,WACF,Van Halen 1, FUCK,Balance,5150
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL,Not Enough
    Last Online

06.16.05 @ 08:22 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by hain23x:
    Here's another interview

but Mean Street, I gotta warn ya, he talks nasty in this one! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    No way he wasn't drunk in that interview.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Zakk is the fucking koolest dude!!!! [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

All of them pretty much
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i am beginning to think he just likes to drink beer, "spend time with the wife" and clean up rottweiler crap?

1. Other than drinking a beer, what are you currently up to? This is your only chance to plug your shit.
    Fucking my wife and drinking beer

2. How much beer does it take you to get a good buzz going and what’s your alcoholic beverage of choice??
    Beer and a shitload of it.

3. What hard rock/heavy metal band should give it up and call it a day?
    If Lemmy quits we should all call it a day....God Bless Him!

4. Are you happy with the sales of Black Label Society and how Spitfire has promoted the album?
    I'd love to sell as many records as the Back Street Boys but my friends would beat my ass if I was that much of a pussy

5. Rate the following guitarists on a scale of 1 to 10. 1 being a total jabroni and 10 being a virtuoso.
    Slash = drinking ability 10+
    Tracii Guns = Was he in Guns?
    C.C. DeVille = Great hair....SHIT guitar
    Bruce Kulick = He has great black hair
    Ace Frehley = #4 in the World
    Mick Mars = He's even uglier than me
    Kirk Hammett = Metallica CANNOT be stopped
    Joe Holmes = Don't FUCK with Ozzy or I'll KILL you
    Ted Nugent = Kill, kill, kill
    Dimebag Darrell = drink, drink, drink, riff, riff, riff

6. Who’s more of a pain in the ass, Ozzy or Axl?
    Neither, I just drink lots of beer, lift weights and hang out with my rottweiler.

7. Pick one of the following:
    A. Stick your hand in an aquarium filled with Piranhas for 5 minutes;
    Or,
    B. Fight Catcus Jack in a Exploding BarbWire, Thumbtack, Hell In A Cell Match.
    Fuck piranhas, Great Whites

8. What’s the most destructive thing you have ever done?
    Fucked my wife's brains out

9. Which do you prefer:
    Backstreet Boys or N’Sync = prefer giving both a good ass beating
    Southern Comfort or Jack Daniels = beer
    Van Halen or Aerosmith = Early VH and beer
    Bret Michaels or WWF wrestler Shawn Michaels = Neither, the Undertaker
    Pamela Anderson or Jenna Jameson = Jacklyn Smith on all fours
    Orgy or Culture Club = FUCK THEM BOTH
    A toll both operator or the guy who mops up at X-Rated peep shows = Sweeping a brewery
    Playboy or Penthouse = Rocco Siffredi flick

Old School Zakk with Ozzy and L.A. Guns

NOTE TO SLUDGEAHOLICS: This next question Zakk didn't quite get. It was suppose to be the biggest misconception about a person or thing, but instead Zakk just finished the sentence. None of his answers are misconceptions, just things that are true. Maybe he was drunk during this part, who knows.

10. Finish this sentence, "The biggest misconception about ___________ is?" For example, "The biggest misconception about MTV is that they play videos." You get the idea.
    Ozzy is the GodFather of my son
    Pro wrestling is kick ass
    Pearl Jam is a bunch of candy ass motherfuckers
    Anal Sex is awesome when I get the wife drunk
    Axl Rose is my friend and the Real Deal!
    Kiss is nothing without Ace!
    Pantera is beyond fucking Heavy!
    Cocaine is for Candy Ass Motherfuckers!
    Paul Gargano is an awesome alcoholic!
    Touring is beer, beer beer.

11. Who’s your favorite WWF wrestler and do you plan on getting involved with the WWF anytime in the future?
    Undertaker and Stone Cold without a doubt.

12. Which rock star could possibly drink you under the table?
    Bring it on Mother Fucker!

13. Have you ever been so drunk you passed out and pissed on yourself, and what’s the most amount of alcohol you’ve drank in a 24 hour period?
    Without a doubt....can't count that high!

14. Which rock star deserves a chair to the head and why?
    Eddie Vedder, Billy Corgan, Courney "Cunt" Love, because they are pure Cunts.

15. On a scale of 1 to 10, rate the following bands on how much you'd like to tour with them. 1 being you have no desire to tour with them at all, and 10 being a band you'd definitely want to hook up with.
    Pantera = 10+
    OzzFest = 10+
    Poison = Are you out of your fucking minds?
    Cinderella = 0
    Motley Crue = 10
    Kid Rock = Joe C Rules
    Britney Spears = Hell Yeah!
    Metallica = 10
    Kiss = 10
    Sebastian Bach = FUCK THAT

16. Who's the most overrated band today?
    LIMP DICK

17. Think of someone you genuinely hate (we all hate someone, especially when you really think about it.) Keeping in mind you have no choice but to choose one of the answers, would you elect for this person to…
    A. Get hit by a bus, thus rendered paralyzed for life.
    B. Fall off a lawnmower and subsequently be disfigured for life but live.
    C. Get in an accident that causes the full amputation of all sexual genitalia.
    Listen to Third Eye Suck records.

18. What's the nastiest thing you ever saw during your tours with Ozzy?
    No beer on the bus

Zakk 1988

19. Is it true that Ozzy throws water around on stage to hide the fact that he pisses in his pants during the show?
    No, he threw the water on me because I used to piss my pants on stage with him

20. Time for Metal Sludge's Word Association. We mention a name and you give us your thoughts.
    Sharon Osbourne = kicks ass!
    Eddie Vedder = Candy ass, pussy motherfucker
    Randy Castillo = my bud
    Slaughter = Oh Christ!
    Warrant = Oh Jesus!
    Vince Neil = First beer's on me
    Chris Jericho = the Undertaker
    Kid Rock = If I could rap I would but I'm too fucking white
    Limp Bizkit = exactly
    Scott Weiland = candy ass
    Axl Rose = pure Sour Mother fucking mash
    Tommy Lee = has a big dick
    Lars Ulrich = His dick's not as big as Tommy's!
    This is home, this is Mean Street!<br /><br /><b><br />Then one year you find ten years have gotten behind, no one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun. - Pink Floyd, Time</b><br /><br />"Everyone knows that Van Halen with Roth is the only real Van Halen."- Mike Tramp<br /><br /><a href="http://www.vhforums.com/vhlforum/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=001366&p=66#00 1635" target="_blank"> OBEY THE DFK!!</a>

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

Many
    Last Online

05.12.06 @ 06:39 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

He was all over the place on that one! [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]
    I am awesome

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

All of them pretty much
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

he is cool though! [img]smile.gif[/img]

i seen a pic with him and his wife...

if it doesnt show up just go here

http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip...3695/frame.htm