Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Last Online

10.22.09 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Ozzy Osbourne will leave his post as the headliner of his annual Ozzfest for three weeks to be with his wife Sharon as she battles cancer.

Osbourne plans to leave his namesake tour after Sunday's show in Atlanta to join his wife as she begins chemotherapy treatment. He hopes to return for the tour's August 22 stop in Denver.

"This is one of the hardest decisions I've ever had to make in my life, but I'm sure that everyone out there will understand," Ozzy told an MTV film crew on Thursday.

"I'm putting on a brave face here, guys, but I'm burning up inside. I have to go home," he added.

Sharon, who manages Ozzfest as well as Ozzy's career, announced in early July that she would undergo surgery to treat what was described as a treatable form of cancer. The Osbourne matriarch then learned that what began as cancer in her colon had spread, and that chemotherapy would be needed.
    Always a fixture at Ozzfest, Sharon's absence has been felt this time around. Osbourne speaks with his wife frequently before his performances, and offers messages from her to his audience each night.

During Ozzy's leave from the tour, co-headliner System of a Down will assume the top spot on a main-stage lineup that also includes Rob Zombie, P.O.D., Drowning Pool, Adema and Zakk Wylde's Black Label Society.

"The Ozzfest is my baby, and no one is going to take my baby away from me," Ozzy said. "Keep Ozzfest going. We're going to get over this hurdle. We've gotten over worse before. Stick it out with me. I need you now more than ever."

Ozzy thanked the bands and crew that will carry on without him during his leave of absence, and thanked fans for understanding his decision. "I'm sure my fans will understand. Anyone in this position would do the same thing," he said. "I relish seeing you people. You're my life, you're my air, you're my breath, you're everything to me."

He noted that Sharon had arranged for fans who come out to Ozzfest during his leave to receive a free treat from concession stands on site.

"As sick as she is, she's still organizing sh--," Ozzy marveled

—MTV News staff report

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

GGB
    Last Online

09.20.17 @ 08:12 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Does anyone know if MTV will continue the show through this? What an interesting twist (and ratings grabber) that would be.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

I have to pick?
    Last Online

10.05.17 @ 11:44 AM
    Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts

Yeah, I've heard reports that Sharon is going to allow herself to be filmed through this whole thing. Imagine the impact this thing is gonna have.
    Your favorite band sucks.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:57 AM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

how can you have an Ozzfest without Ozzy?

I hate it for Ozzy and his family--that cancer seems to be doing a number on Sharon [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

Ozzy is helpless without her

I wish them all the best
    Eat Us and Smile!

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

MCMLXXXIV
    Favorite VH Song

Too Many To List
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Behind every evil prince of darkness...

Hope Sharon's better soon.

The Real Deal
    <a href="http://www.the-real-deal.com/index.htm" target="_blank">The Real Deal</a> does old VH better than any other band in the SF Bay Area. Hearing is believing...

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

03.22.09 @ 10:18 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

He is doing the right thing leaving the tour to be with his wife right now.

Get well soon.
    I made some mistakes tonight but we sing and play our f***ing instruments. Accept no substitute Tom Petty at the Darien Lake Performing Arts Center July 3, 2002

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Yeah well call me cold, but there is bullshit here too. Ozzy and Sharon should allow the "FANS" the chance to refund their ticket and get their money back, since they were led to believe that Ozzy was going to perform as THE FREAKING HEADLINER(ie. the main act and main reason why you are buying the ticket)and now he is not performing for 3 straight weeks. No Ozzy, let me get my hard earned moeny back if I so choose.

Of course this will never happen.

[ July 26, 2002, 02:09 PM: Message edited by: DLR'sCock ]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 09:35 PM
    Liked 11,541 Times in 4,916 Posts

Well maybe she'll die before you have to go Cock and then there won't be a problem.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 965 Times in 386 Posts

Originally posted by Brett:
    Well maybe she'll die before you have to go Cock and then there won't be a problem.
    LMFAO

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Wait, you guys think it's kool, that they can keep millions of dollars from people(that probably only make less than $10 hour in this country) that paid to see him perform, and he's not going to be there? I mean we are talking about millions.

Oh yeah, I'm so cold, yet she plans on filming everything that's going on, and airing it on "The Osbournes" show, expecting to get incredible ratings and make even more money, millions of dollars while capitalizing on her supposed afflcition. You know people will eat it up, as there is already a story in People magazine about her. Sounds fishy to me. She will probably will use it for own talk show too.

Look I work in a hospital and deal with Cancer patients all of the time, and I see people die and I see people get better. I know what cancer can do to people, I see it everyday. And I hope she get's better, but I see Sharon using this thing as a brilliant marketing strategy, sympathy fomr the public to make $$$$$.

I also think it's fucked up, that they took in oh say, what's the average gross for an Ozzfest, let's see....about 1 million dollars a show, and how many is he missing???? Ozzy will miss 10 shows, so that's 10 million dollars of gross sales that they will take in, and Ozzy won't have to perform, not bad. Did you guys know that most of the bands on the tour don't make much at all(if any), becuase the tour is considered PROMOTION and EXPOSURE for the bands and a stepping stome in their career. I have heard rumors of Pay-for-Play to do this tour too, even for major acts, don't know how true that is.

All I am saying is that if they cared about the fans, who have supported them, they should at least offer people the oppurtunity to refund their tickets, most people go to these tours to see Ozzy perform. If someone only wanted to see Ozzy, they are fucked...and sometimes that $95 ticket menas alot of bread to some people...

whatever...laugh at me and call me a dick...I don't care...

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 965 Times in 386 Posts

cock,

i see your point man. i was just laughing at the way brett came out and said what he was thinking.

but really though. no one told them to buy the tickets or to spend that much money. anytime you buy tix to a show you should know that anything could happen and you may not get your money back.

is sharon using it for exposure? who knows? who really gives a shit. all you can do if you don't like it is don't watch the show so you don't help the ratings.

you can't refund people's money because one act is not playing. ozzy isn't stupid. he's gonna make some money. it kinda sucks, but that's the way business runs i guess..

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by JMJ:
    cock,

i see your point man. i was just laughing at the way brett came out and said what he was thinking.

but really though. no one told them to buy the tickets or to spend that much money. anytime you buy tix to a show you should know that anything could happen and you may not get your money back.

is sharon using it for exposure? who knows? who really gives a shit. all you can do if you don't like it is don't watch the show so you don't help the ratings.

you can't refund people's money because one act is not playing. ozzy isn't stupid. he's gonna make some money. it kinda sucks, but that's the way business runs i guess..

JMJ
    I hear ya, but Ozzy is the Main act and the Headliner...that's all. anyway, those people are shit out of luck...

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

03.22.09 @ 10:18 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

He noted that Sharon had arranged for fans who come out to Ozzfest during his leave to receive a free treat from concession stands on site

Come on guys a free treat at the concession stand makes up for not having the Headliner at the show [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img]
    I made some mistakes tonight but we sing and play our f***ing instruments. Accept no substitute Tom Petty at the Darien Lake Performing Arts Center July 3, 2002

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Any Song Hagar Doesn't Sing
    Last Online

08.12.10 @ 07:15 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by DLR'sCock:

whatever...laugh at me and call me a dick...I don't care...
    You're a dick. Now just get your free beer and shut the fuck up! [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]
    "Tardy? I don't feel tardy!"

"I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister!" - DLR

Pride and Glory - the Packer Story!

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 02:16 PM
    Liked 1,461 Times in 897 Posts

Ozzy is in a tough situation with his wife and his tour. As a married man, I would have done the same thing. As for refunding tickets, I understand people's frustrations especially with this lousy economy.

Say a prayer for Sharon!
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com