Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Best Of (cop out answer)
    Favorite VH Song

A Year To The Day
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I heard the Queensryche played a new years gig in Alaska and was wondering if any one knew who the new live guitar player was?
    "Right Now.....Mike is thinking about a solo project."<br /><br />"Victory has a thousand fathers. Defeat is an orphan."

Last Online

10.22.09 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

His name is Mike Stone. Still no word on whether he's "permanent" or not.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

QUEENSRŸCHE Scrap Album Title, Push Back Release Date - Jan. 4, 2003

QUEENSRŸCHE have pushed back to Apr. 14 the projected release date through Sanctuary Records of their as-yet-untitled new studio CD (the previously-reported album title, "Tribe", has now apparently been scrapped). Undisclosed problems in the recording phase are being blamed for the delay, according to unofficial fan site WhoKilledMary.com.

The band, who are believed to be recording their forthcoming CD as a four-piece while collaborating with different songwriters, utilized a stand-in second guitarist by the name of Mike Stone during their New Year's Eve headlining performance in Anchorage, Alaska. Stone stepped in as a temporary replacement for ex-guitarist Kelly Gray, who was dismissed from the group in late 2001.

The New Year's Eve gig, which marked the live debut of frontman Geoff Tate in his newly shaven-headed glory, featured the following set list:

01. Revolution Calling
    02. Breaking The Silence
    03. Walk In The Shadows
    04. The Mission
    05. Roads to Madness
    06. Liquid Sky
    07. Sacred Ground
    08. NM 156
    09. Damaged
    10. Breakdown
    11. Right Side of My Mind
    12. The Lady Wore Black
    13. Queen of the Reich
    14. Jet City Woman
    15. Empire
    16. I Don't Believe In Love
    17. Eyes Of A Stranger
    18. Take Hold Of The Flame
    19. Silent Lucidity

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Best Of (cop out answer)
    Favorite VH Song

A Year To The Day
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Thanks guys. I wonder what the holdup is for the CD? Probably more inner bickering like we saw last summer.
    "Right Now.....Mike is thinking about a solo project."<br /><br />"Victory has a thousand fathers. Defeat is an orphan."

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Originally posted by ross:
    Thanks guys. I wonder what the holdup is for the CD? Probably more inner bickering like we saw last summer.
    It'd be even more worth waiting for if they scratched that CD and made a new one with Chris DeGarmo!
    [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Best Of (cop out answer)
    Favorite VH Song

A Year To The Day
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I actually prefered Q2K to the last one they did with Degarmo Hear In The Now Frontier. If they were to go a little farther into the Promised Land direction I would be very happy.

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

I also liked Q2k. It was a hell of a lot better than Geoff Tate's solo album! [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Best Of (cop out answer)
    Favorite VH Song

A Year To The Day
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Liquid Sky, Burning Man, Right Side Of My Mind etc.

All a bunch of really good songs. The Q2K sound was a lot closer to Promised Land then Hear was. What I'm wondering is how much longer will there be a Queensryche? I doubt that the new record will sell very well and from what I read from Geoff's solo interviews last year he's pretty fed up with the post Degarmo Ryche. Time will tell.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

QUEENSRŸCHE's TATE: 'Longtime Fans Will Be Delighted' With New Album - Jan. 9, 2003

In a December 2002 interview with www.alaskathismonth.com, QUEENSRŸCHE frontman Geoff Tate revealed that the group's as-yet-untitled new studio album "is coming along wonderfully. The songs are really taking shape and I think long time QUEENSRŸCHE fans will be surprised and delighted."

As previously reported, QUEENSRŸCHE's new album is tentatively scheduled to be released on Apr. 14 through Sanctuary Records.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

MICHAEL WILTON: QUEENSRŸCHE's Days Of Playing Hard Music Are Dwindling - Jan. 13, 2003

Convinced that a more aggressive tempo would be advantageous to the band's career, QUEENSRŸCHE guitarist Michael Wilton has pushed for a return visit to the group's earlier roots on the band's forthcoming CD — a position apparently not supported by the band's lead singer, Geoff Tate.

"I believe this album should be hard and intense, [but] what I have heard so far is not that," Wilton revealed to Music Insight. "I have no desire to change QUEENSRŸCHE into an adult contemporary band. This should be a QUEENSRŸCHE album and not a Geoff Tate solo album."

Lately, the vocalist has downplayed his reputation as one of the more defining voices of the hard rock/heavy metal genre. In various interviews during the past year, Tate has revealed that he isn't a big fan of heavy metal — the brand of rock QUEENSRŸCHE took to new heights in the 80's — preferring the sounds of his R&B, dance, folk, and classical music influences. These admissions have caused fans, as well as Wilton, to question the future of the band.

"If a band has no passion and becomes stale, then I think it is time for things to change," conceded Wilton. "It all depends on where the loyalty and focus of the band is heading.

"I love the hard aggressive music, but I think those days are dwindling in QUEENSRŸCHE," the guitarist added. "But I will always stick to my guns and be true to what got me this far."

Looking toward the future, Wilton formed SOULBENDER in 2002 to satisfy his craving for a hard-hitting vibe. A straight-up, heavy metal-oriented five-piece band, SOULBENDER consists of Wilton, vocalist Nick Pollock (ex-MY SISTER'S MACHINE), guitarist Dave Groves, bassist Marty Vankieth, and drummer Wes Hallam.

"Originally, SOULBENDER was just going to be a project band of mine," Wilton explained. "But when I got my musicians together, magic happened that I had not felt since the early days of QUEENSRŸCHE."

When asked about the differences between QUEENSRŸCHE and SOULBENDER, Wilton was adamant on stressing his new band's love of the heavy metal sound, and shed some light on how dissimilar the inner-workings of both groups are.

"For one, we all write the songs together, and love what we do," the guitarist said, referring to SOULBENDER. "Everyone in the band is pretty much equal, we all love metal and are confident we can add much to the genre."

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Best Of (cop out answer)
    Favorite VH Song

A Year To The Day
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

That's sad. I'd rather Queensryche just break up then keep on reading things like this. If certain members can't see eye to eye musically then why are you a band? The simple answer is the paycheck.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

02.23.12 @ 12:14 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sad indeed. Let's just hope what Geoff's saying about the new CD is true. Maybe they can play a few dates and hang 'em up after that. I mean, like ross says, if they can't see eye to eye, why go on?

I also like FH's idea of trying to get back with DeGarmo (although I, too, preferred Q2K over Hear in the Now Frontier), but last I heard there was no mutual interest.

I guess all good things DO come to an end. Oh, well. At least I've got new Living Colour to look forward to.
    "There goes the greatest hitter who ever lived..."

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

Geoff Tate tried to leave Queensryche a few years ago to join Journey! He auditioned for them and wrote a few songs with them, but Neal Schon felt that his voice was too different from Steve Perry's. I would have loved to have heard that band

[ January 17, 2003, 11:10 AM: Message edited by: YankeeRose ]
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!