Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I was just cruising some news sites and these fags are planning the Kiss box set...makes sense...UNTIL YOU SEE THE EXPECTED RETAIL PRICE...$250.00??!!??!!

WTF??!!??

Holy Cow! The 2 Zep box sets barely total $80.00 new!!

For $250.00, they better throw in a KISS KASKET and a 2-liter of KISS KOLA!

:dicks:
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

[img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]That's way to much money for a box set!

I don't like Kiss, I watched one of their concerts on T.V. a month ago and I wasn't impressed. They look stupid and are average musicians IMO. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Yankee, you give them too much credit, bro! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.19.12 @ 01:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

You know what I keep waiting for???

I am truly surprised that they haven't thought of this yet. KISS, the franchise.
    Have 4 or 5 bands out touring the world at the same time as KISS. Gene and Paul would get 90% of the money these other bands would make.

Don't tell Gene, he just might do it.

What a bunch of money sucking whores. $250 box set? It better be all their albums boxed together as one with a whole bunch of unreleased or rare stuff to be even close of being worthy of that price.

[ July 08, 2001 at 11:53 PM: Message edited by: rxman ]
    "The sound of Van Halen was meant to spill out, all over your stereo and ruin the rest of your record collection "...David Lee Roth

Check out one of the best bands to come out of Arizona. Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers. www.rogerclyne.net

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That's all that dumbfuck Gene Spermans thinks about is $$$. Fuck 'em, they suck. They never had any talent anyway.
    America's Team...The Green Bay Packers!<br />12 Championship Titles For The Packers And Counting...<br />"Depends What We Do". EVH 2001<br />VH R.I.P. 1978-1996

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rxman:
    [QB]You know what I keep waiting for???

I am truly surprised that they haven't thought of this yet. KISS, the franchise.
    Have 4 or 5 bands out touring the world at the same time as KISS. Gene and Paul would get 90% of the money these other bands would make.

Don't tell Gene, he just might do it.

[QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now you know why they have so many KISS tribute bands travelling with them. I can honestly see them trying to pull this off. Have you seen that "Gene" impersonator? I can't think of his name, but that hombre looks JUST LIKE HIM!!! It's a Greek name and I think this guy stood in for Gene on some Fox TV show one time. This would be as bad as the once-planned "Kiss Travelling Theme Park". They at one time thought they were so big they could travel from city to city with a circus of sorts, performing before the actual concert itself in the parking lot of all the arenas. Mercifully, that idea never came to fruition.
    "Once the final BAN has been completed I will ban myself." -OLO, March 21, 2002
    "The price of the steak sandwich over there is ridiculous!!" -Glenn, March 3, 2003
    "Hang on, I'll go ask everybody and be right back." -seenbad, March 11, 2003

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Having cruised a KISS board for awhile, the story is (I'm serious here [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]) that there are going to be 2 versions of the box set. One will just be the music version, and a second version which will be more expensive will contain toys and shit like that. I've also heard that $250 figure, but I'm not sure whether that is said to be the smaller version or the "deluxe" version.

And if I'm not mistaken, I think to this day Gene talks about there being a KISS theme park in Vegas when it's all over. I've heard this mentioned, though I just don't see any way that it could sustain itself. There aren't enough KISS fans to keep coming over and over to make this viable.

And I think Eric Singer wearing the Catman makeup is pathetic, but I don't put the blame on Eric, I put in right at the feet of Gene and Paul.

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

After the $180 coffee table book , KISSTORY, nothing surprises me. Luckily I won my copy from KISW and it didn't cost me a dime (other than the gas money to drive to Seattle)

BTW, interesting story in that book about how Eddie almost bailed during the Fair Warning sessions to become Ace Frehley's replacement. Seems that Gene & Paul decided against it. They probably didn't want to have to pay Eddie a bigger cut of the money.

Wonder what Eddie's makeup character might have been? Maybe he would have striped his face to match the guitar? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

Many
    Last Online

05.12.06 @ 06:39 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

You guys are spelling it wrong. It's KI$$ [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
    I am awesome

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FORD:
    After the $180 coffee table book , KISSTORY, nothing surprises me. Luckily I won my copy from KISW and it didn't cost me a dime (other than the gas money to drive to Seattle)

BTW, interesting story in that book about how Eddie almost bailed during the Fair Warning sessions to become Ace Frehley's replacement. Seems that Gene & Paul decided against it. They probably didn't want to have to pay Eddie a bigger cut of the money.

Wonder what Eddie's makeup character might have been? Maybe he would have striped his face to match the guitar? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think that's more KISS bull that they didn't want Eddie...Yeah, I believe that...Paul can barely play two chords on his own...

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FORD:
    After the $180 coffee table book , KISSTORY, nothing surprises me. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Don't forget there was also a KISSTORY II, at equal the price of the first.

I wouldn't mind checking them out, but not at that price. If I shell all that money out, I'll get evicted and be forced to live in my KISS Kasket. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Cover Bands from Pasadena
    Favorite VH Song

Babe Don't leave Me Alone
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

Oh boy, I might have to sell my Kiss lunch box so I can get the shit box [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
    My Band
    Baluchitherium

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Glenn:
    Don't forget there was also a KISSTORY II, at equal the price of the first.

I wouldn't mind checking them out, but not at that price. If I shell all that money out, I'll get evicted and be forced to live in my KISS Kasket. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Glenn, I hope you're pleased with yourself.

I just got done reading your post above then summarily SPITTING my coffee all over my computer! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

That is some funny stuff, bro!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I have KISSTORY pt.1 but like you, wasn't about to shell out another $150 for the same old stuff but just repackaged.
    "Once the final BAN has been completed I will ban myself." -OLO, March 21, 2002
    "The price of the steak sandwich over there is ridiculous!!" -Glenn, March 3, 2003
    "Hang on, I'll go ask everybody and be right back." -seenbad, March 11, 2003

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cabo Kid:
    I just got done reading your post above then summarily SPITTING my coffee all over my computer! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Always leave 'em spittin'. [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img] [img]smilies/redface.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Behold, the House of Next Tuesday, the perfect home for any true Kiss® fan.

Wake up in your bed and throw back the Kiss® sheets, fluffing your pillow with the Kiss® pillow case one last time before hitting the shower. Naturally you get squeaky clean by using your Kiss® bodywash and Kiss® herbal shampoo. But wait! Don't forget to brush your teeh with the Kiss® toothpaste and shave with your limited edition Kiss® electric razor.

Then it's off to work in your custom Kiss® car (only 10,000,000 in existence!). To save money you packed your lunch in the Kiss® commemerative lunchbox. When work is over it's off to the Kiss® diner for dinner with the boss and his family, then back home.

Spend a relaxing evening watching your digital Kiss® television - naturally with DVDs of every Kiss® concert on the last tour. Finally, get back into your Kiss® pajamas and go to sleep in that lovely bed with the Kiss® sheets we mentioned earlier.

Yes, there's no way you could resist such a bold show of your loyalty to the Kiss® Brand Name. Rush out and stock your own Kiss® House of Next Tuesday today!
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."