Favorite VH Album

All 7 with Dave
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 03:30 AM
    Liked 147 Times in 87 Posts

BILLY SHEEHAN SPEAKS TO MELODICROCK.COM:
    The Mr. Big / Billy Sheehan story has intensified, with news that Billy was actually fired from the band he helped create.
    Billy has been in Texas, recording a Sheehan/Bozio album and plans on putting a letter to all his fans on his web site as soon as he returns home.
    But I have his personal statement here and now for you.
    Billy e-mailed me this afternoon and says "Hi Andrew, Yes, sorry to say -- it's true. I'm still in shock!"
    He goes on to include his official statement on the firing:

Dear Mr. Big fans & friends,
    I'm sad to inform you that I've been fired from Mr. Big. I'm very upset and shocked at being fired from the band I started more than 12 years ago. I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your support over the years. Some of the best moments of my life were spent on stage in front of you with Mr Big.
    My future plans are very uncertain at this time. This has been quite a shock to me to say the least! Of course they are not taking me with them on the upcoming Japanese promotional trip & I won't be with them for any promotional activities. So I hope somehow I see you all again sometime soon.
    I love you all.
    Your Friend,
    Billy Sheehan.

A friend of Billy's also e-mailed me to add "he was completely shocked by the news and is taking it very hard."

On a more positive note for the master bass man, his first solo record Compression is being released in the U.S.
    To celebrate, Billy is hosting a listening party at the Cat House on Sunset, August 26.
    Fans are invited to come by, say hi and be one of the first to hear tracks from Billy's long awaited solo project.
    August 26, The Cat House (next to the Whiskey) between 7:00 - 9:00

Keep an eye on Billy's official website for updates. There is also a recent interview with Billy about his new solo album at www.electricbasement.com.

Expect more from Billy shortly. I hope to hook up with him to discuss his future later this week

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, Fair Warning, Diver Down, 1984, OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk, Mean Street, Jump, Feels So Good, The Seventh Seal
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wow... poor Billy! [img]smilies/scared.gif[/img]

Ah well... erm... hope no-one gets that wrong now... but... umm... ain't the time right now for Dave and Billy to hook up again?! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
    I'm a Dirty-Faced Kid... so could some cute female do me the favor and lick me clean, please?!<br /><br />"Nobody rules these streets at night but me... the ATOMIC PUNK!" - DLR (1978)<br /><br />"This must be just like living in paradise... and I don't wanna go home" - DLR (1988)<br /><br />"So put it off until judgment day... I bear the cross on judgment day" - Sammy Hagar (1991)<br /><br />Obey the DFK!<br /><br /><b>IF YOU'RE DFK... YOU'RE DFK 4 LIFE!</b>

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

Many
    Last Online

05.12.06 @ 06:39 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Well it's looking like EEAS time! Sammy and VH maybe now then? [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]
    I am awesome

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.19.12 @ 01:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Must suck huge being fired from the band you started. Wonder why they fired him?? Maybe he's paying too much attention to his solo stuff???
    "The sound of Van Halen was meant to spill out, all over your stereo and ruin the rest of your record collection "...David Lee Roth

Check out one of the best bands to come out of Arizona. Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers. www.rogerclyne.net

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Unchained Wolfie:
    Well it's looking like EEAS time! Sammy and VH maybe now then? [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We can only hope. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, ADKOT
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 10:25 PM
    Liked 444 Times in 246 Posts

I thought that piece of shit band broke up like 10 years ago. [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
    M*U*L*E

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

I really like Mr. Big, I listen to their Greatest Hits CD all of the time. I think they might have not liked him touring with Vai in the G3 tour. I have all of their CD's because Billy plays on them. He is my favorite Bass Player! He e-mailed me before too. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] He was the star of Mr. Big.
    They are very stupid to get rid of him. [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

I hope that he gets back with EEAS next year! [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

[ August 15, 2001 at 02:37 PM: Message edited by: YankeeRose ]
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

DREAMS
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Mr. Big was a really good band at one time. Lean into It is a great cd, very under-rated. Daddy, Brother, Lover, Little boy is awsome, lots of cool stuff on that disk. Bump Ahead was not as good but still had some decent tracks. Hey Man's first two songs are awsome-trapped in Toyland and Take cover-the rest of the disc is garbage. I didn't like the last cd with Richie Kotzen..it did not sound anything like what I thought it would. I've heard some great live stuff by them. Overall I'd say they were a really good band up until Paul Gilbert left.
    I think Billy is the best Bassist in the world. I just heard him play Meanstreets with niacin and it's awsome. He plays the intro on bass and it sounds wicked.

Al Hagar

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.19.12 @ 01:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AL HAGAR:
    Mr. Big was a really good band at one time. Lean into It is a great cd, very under-rated. Daddy, Brother, Lover, Little boy is awsome, lots of cool stuff on that disk. Bump Ahead was not as good but still had some decent tracks. Hey Man's first two songs are awsome-trapped in Toyland and Take cover-the rest of the disc is garbage. I didn't like the last cd with Richie Kotzen..it did not sound anything like what I thought it would. I've heard some great live stuff by them. Overall I'd say they were a really good band up until Paul Gilbert left.
    I think Billy is the best Bassist in the world. I just heard him play Meanstreets with niacin and it's awsome. He plays the intro on bass and it sounds wicked.

Al Hagar
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That "Meanstreets" track is awesome. I bought that cd for that track, but ended up liking pretty much the whole thing.

Richie Kotzen sucks ass.
    "The sound of Van Halen was meant to spill out, all over your stereo and ruin the rest of your record collection "...David Lee Roth

Check out one of the best bands to come out of Arizona. Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers. www.rogerclyne.net

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

My favorite Mr. Big song is Colorado Bulldog, that song cooks! [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rxman:
    Must suck huge being fired from the band you started. Wonder why they fired him??<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wondered this myself. How can you fire someone from THEIR OWN band??? [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]
    "Once the final BAN has been completed I will ban myself." -OLO, March 21, 2002
    "The price of the steak sandwich over there is ridiculous!!" -Glenn, March 3, 2003
    "Hang on, I'll go ask everybody and be right back." -seenbad, March 11, 2003

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

DREAMS
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If you've never heard Trapped In Toyland give that song a listen...it's awsome.

Al Hagar