Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

unchained
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The first four albums of VH #1...Metallica #2. Haven't been crazy since the "Black" album or ultra crazy since "...Justice ", but whats going on? One of the, or if not THE most talented heavy metal bands ever...

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Balance/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/5150/Don\'t Tell Me
    Last Online

04.29.16 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've always thought of Metallica and Van Halen having two very distinct eras.

Fans from the two eras won't necessarily see eye to eye on what makes Metallica one of the most loved........or hated bands in America.

Sounds like the old SH vs. DLR scenario.

Can't say I am a big fan of early Metallica, I do own "Justice" and think it's pretty cool, but there's no reason for me to dig any deeper into their catalog.

The newer stuff appeals more to me, I am not really a "metal" kinda guy. Lots of folks talk about Maiden, Priest and Ozzy, but somewhere in my youth, I wasn't exposed to those bands so I don't really have an appreciation for stuff like that.

I am really a "Popster" that just so happens to like a cool riff here and there, I think that's why the latest stuff from Metallica has more appeal to me.

If I want something heavy, I'll just throw on some Pantera and call it a day. Those fuckers make Metallica sound like Loverboy............of course........I've never heard "Kill 'Em All"......
    Actually I think most of us are Dave, Sam, and Mike fans. There's just a small group of people who have strange allegiances and like to get into petty pissing contests that I can't believe everyone on this site isn't bored of. - Brett

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I like all of their albums from Kill 'Em All to Load. I haven't heard much of their stuff after that but I like "I Disappear." I wonder how the new album is going to sound.
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Last Online

03.29.06 @ 01:41 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I know I'm in the vast minority, but I like Metallica's more recent stuff better than their old stuff. Being a drummer, my favorite part of a song is the groove (and the guitar riffs). Most of the songs on Load and Reload really groove. I do like SOME of their old stuff, just not as much as the newer stuff. I'm sure old school Metallica die hards are going , but hey, I like what I like.
    "You guys never forced your babysitter to put her dirty feet all over your back-bottom while you handled up onto a tattered quilt?" - Fake Greggo
    "I like to put peaches in my panties and dance around until my knees bleed, Chuck." - Fake Billy Tubbs

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I like their old stuff AND their new stuff. Their new stuff has more groove to it while the old tends to be more faster riffs and such...

My favorite album is probably Ride The Lightning, but again I like a lot of their new stuff as well~
    "Sorry about the mess..."<br /><br />~Han Solo Episode IV

Last Online

10.22.09 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Originally posted by Dan Halen:
    I like all of their albums from Kill 'Em All to Load. I haven't heard much of their stuff after that but I like "I Disappear." I wonder how the new album is going to sound.
    I read somewhere that Lar$ stated the new record's music will be less "bluesy" than Load and ReLoad and be more in the vein of their $1,000,000 (paid to them from MI2 producers) payday of "I Disappear".

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Kill Em' All
    Ride The Lightning
    Master Of Puppets
    And Justice For All

Nuff' Said!!!

Fuck em' all the rest!!!!!

[img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

I hate MetalliSUCK!!! Hetfield is the worst singer EVER!!! Their early albums were all garbage!!! And their new stuff is beyond terrible, I heard that they teamed up with a rap artist Ja Rule on their new album, YO YO YO WURD UP IT'S SAD BUT TRUE!!! LMAO!!!!! [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

The only Metallica albums that I USED TO like where And Justice For All and the black album, now I hate them too. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ August 12, 2002, 05:20 PM: Message edited by: YankeeRose ]
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 10:42 PM
    Liked 984 Times in 396 Posts

hey yankee...

lennox lewis or metallica? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

02.14.12 @ 05:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Metallica used to be an awesome band. However in my opinion they died after the Black album. Load and Reload were summed up by their covers (bloody semen and bloody piss) and Garage Inc was half material that was already released and well S&M was in that same boat. I still feel they have a few masterpieces with their older albums (especially Master of Puppets and the Black album) but they definitely have tarnished their image with thier recent releases as well as Lars' whole shitfit with Napster and what not...
    Always one more,
    You're never satisfied.
    Never one for all with you,
    It's only one for me

Last Online

10.22.09 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Originally posted by ouncie33:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by YankeeRose:
    I hate MetalliSUCK!!! Hetfield is the worst singer EVER!!! Their early albums were all garbage!!! And their new stuff is beyond terrible, I heard that they teamed up with a rap artist Ja Rule on their new album, YO YO YO WURD UP IT'S SAD BUT TRUE!!! LMAO!!!!! [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

The only Metallica albums that I USED TO like where And Justice For All and the black album, now I hate them too. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Btw, Metallica is one of the best bands that you can see live.</font>[/QUOTE]Sadly, that's the only good thing they've had going for them for awhile. Maybe they'll surprise us and have a decent new record.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I remember first hearing the "Black" album. Went and bought it after work. Slimy and grimy I laid on my bed and put on the headphones. Hot summer night with about a pitcher of beer in me. I was overwhelmed and called it a masterpiece. I haven't listened to that album religiously since about 1994, when they did a summer stadium tour {Alice and Chains canceled as opening act in Seattle that year-bastards). I go back to "Kill 'em All" and also all the live/unreleased single format stuff they have put out. You have to admit, they are the best at putting out a live blistering classic on all their B sides. I own a copy of "Am I Evil" live with "No Remorse" on the flip side of some Load demo. Heaviest fuckin shit!!!!

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

POUND CAKE
    Last Online

05.08.08 @ 02:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by YankeeRose:

Yankee, I usually agree with your posts. However, to hear you say that Hetfield is the worst singer ever is totally absurd to me. He has an awesome metal voice. Love that evil quality. Btw, Metallica is one of the best bands that you can see live.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

05.18.09 @ 11:19 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

I liked a few songs from Load and Reload, but their older stuff is what I prefer to listen to. I Disappear was a really cool song, even though they might've been paid a million to do it. If they can stay in that vein, then I think it's got a shot at being decent. "Dead Kennedy Roll," despite the odd title, is indeed in a little heavier vein than just about ANYTHING from the Loads (except for maybe Fuel) , from the 40 seconds I've heard.

As long as there's no country songs (Mama Said), I'm happy.
    I'm one of those crazies on your block.

writing

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 04:08 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Metallica is my second favorite band (right behind VH of course), I have all their albums and even their box set Live Shit:Binge And Purge, which is awesome by the way! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]