Van Halen, Fair Warning, Diver Down, 1984, OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk, Mean Street, Jump, Feels So Good, The Seventh Seal
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

From DPAS:

"Whitesnake Return *16.07.02*

David Coverdale is putting "a version" of Whitesnake together to tour Europe and the UK early in the new year. This is to promote a new double CD compilation, "25 Years Of Whitesnake", released by EMI in February 2003. More details to follow."
    I'm a Dirty-Faced Kid... so could some cute female do me the favor and lick me clean, please?!<br /><br />"Nobody rules these streets at night but me... the ATOMIC PUNK!" - DLR (1978)<br /><br />"This must be just like living in paradise... and I don't wanna go home" - DLR (1988)<br /><br />"So put it off until judgment day... I bear the cross on judgment day" - Sammy Hagar (1991)<br /><br />Obey the DFK!<br /><br /><b>IF YOU'RE DFK... YOU'RE DFK 4 LIFE!</b>

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

I hope that they make a live DVD of the show.
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wait, I thought Coverdale was the next VH singer?!?!?
    "There's a Japanese term called wabi-sabi, not wasabi, but wabi-sabi. It means an appreciation for the imperfect, the less than precision. The cowboy boots that you never polish because it's bad luck. That is completely wabi-sabi. Van Halen is that." - DLR 2002<br /><br />"Look! I can see their parachutes! They're ok..." - Tenshinhan, DragonBall Z

Last Online

10.22.09 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

WHITESNAKE To Reform For European Tour - July 18, 2002

WHITESNAKE are set to reunite for a European tour in early 2003 to promote a new double CD compilation, entitled 25 Years Of Whitesnake, which is due to be issued EMI Records in February. Negotiations are reportedly yet to be finalized, but strong rumors indicate that guitarist/songwriter John Sykes will be involved. If it does come off, the reunion of frontman David Coverdale and Sykes will mark the pair's first collaboration since the completion of the recording sessions for the mega-selling 1987 album.

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:32 AM
    Liked 1,484 Times in 905 Posts

If Coverdale is smart, he will at least try and get some of the past Whitesnake members involved. Otherwise, he should just call his band 'Coverband'.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Now how cool would it be if Coverdale had Sykes AND Vai as axemen for the tour?! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    I'm a Dirty-Faced Kid... so could some cute female do me the favor and lick me clean, please?!<br /><br />"Nobody rules these streets at night but me... the ATOMIC PUNK!" - DLR (1978)<br /><br />"This must be just like living in paradise... and I don't wanna go home" - DLR (1988)<br /><br />"So put it off until judgment day... I bear the cross on judgment day" - Sammy Hagar (1991)<br /><br />Obey the DFK!<br /><br /><b>IF YOU'RE DFK... YOU'RE DFK 4 LIFE!</b>

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by FH:
    WHITESNAKE To Reform For European Tour - July 18, 2002

WHITESNAKE are set to reunite for a European tour in early 2003 to promote a new double CD compilation, entitled 25 Years Of Whitesnake, which is due to be issued EMI Records in February. Negotiations are reportedly yet to be finalized, but strong rumors indicate that guitarist/songwriter John Sykes will be involved. If it does come off, the reunion of frontman David Coverdale and Sykes will mark the pair's first collaboration since the completion of the recording sessions for the mega-selling 1987 album.
    kool..!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Last Online

03.29.06 @ 01:41 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

John Sykes is a bad ass. If he's involved, I'm in. [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]
    "You guys never forced your babysitter to put her dirty feet all over your back-bottom while you handled up onto a tattered quilt?" - Fake Greggo
    "I like to put peaches in my panties and dance around until my knees bleed, Chuck." - Fake Billy Tubbs

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

11.24.17 @ 06:35 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

now what needs to happen is this...remember the Monsters of Rock??
    Coverdale needs to reunite the core members of the band...no "no namers"...then, they need to stage a HUGE tour of some of the greatest "80s metal" bands from back in the day...here is an opportunity for VH to ressurect themselves.
    Not any of these lame tours like Ratt, Warrant and LA Guns...I would love to see a day long festival and my ultimate lineup would be:
    VH as the headliner
    Whitesnake
    Iron Maiden
    Judas Priest (with Halford reuniting )
    Ozzy ( without all the Ozzfest crap)
    Well ain't life grand when you finally hit it, I'm always a sucker for a real good time, woke up in life to find i almost missed it,aint I glad that love is blind

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Straight from the horse's mouth... this is what Coverdale himself posted on his own message board:

"'Morning, All...Well...I must admit to feeling MUCH better today...The virus was a MOST unpleasant interference...OK...I see there is LOTS of speculation on whether or not I will be revamping Whitesnake...mmm...let's see...I must be honest in that there have been quite a few approaches made to me in regards to touring since I put the word out recently I was ready and willing to perform live again...and there is also no question that the enthusiasm of the agents and promoters is more positive in regard to touring under the name WS as opposed to DC...I am not surprised and I can completely understand this, and do not feel slighted or disappointed, in any way...In reality, I think the expression 'common sense' rings a bell...I've never been one to 'cut me nose off to spite my face'...etc...and in all honesty, the majority of the offers at this time are from the USA...altho' my Ol' Pal and Comrade-in-Arms...Rod McSween of ITB in London is threatening to present me with a European tour...including places I have never had the blessing to perform in...like Greece, for example...This would be VERY exciting for me...of that there is no question...At this time...I have NO plans of any 'reunion' with any former members of WS...so I ask you to be patient...and also not 'compete' on the Board whom you think I should work with...The 'negative energy' of this is unwelcome...As most of you know...I will choose the musicians with whom I want to work...as I have always done from the beginning...and if it is to be WS...then the players will be of a calibre to present WS music in the absolute best way...I would not have it any other way...None of the agents/promoters have suggested any particular line-up...(another display of common sense if you ask me!!!)...There are certain players I would enjoy collaberating with at this time...but, whether or not I feel they would be suitable for an 'appropriate' new chapter of WS is another matter entirely...I have absolutely NO plans of involving myself with any international corporate record company...so...other than the forthcoming compilations, please do not be anticipating a new WS album...altho' if indeed I pursue this course of action...I will no doubt record live shows for future CD releases...and in-concert videos...As those of you who have travelled with me, and supported me all these years know...the most recent live video was from Donington in 1983...Quite a while ago!!!...So...at this time there is nothing definite...other than my plan to return to touring the World AS SOON AS I CAN!!!...Well...I hope that will suffice for the time being...as you know...YOU, as my FAB Fellow Boardmembers, will be the first to know whether or not I will be touring as Whitesnake...or David Coverdale and the Electric Dustbin Men from Mars...now...can we PLEASE get back to our lives???!!!...Have the best of days, Boys an' Girls...I'm off to spread my wings like the little social butterfly I'm accused of being...now and again...love and LIGHT to You and Yours...DC."

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

There is no way that David would ever work with John Sykes again IMO. Coverdale has said many times that he can't stand him. The tour will probably be with Adrian Vandenberg.
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

DLR Band!!!!!!
    Favorite VH Song

Slam Dunk!!!!!!
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Never a fan of WS - Sykes was great on Thin Lizzy's Thunder and Lightening album - so I thought I'd check out 1987 - I can't understand what the fuss was about.

And when he poached Steve Vai in 1989 - he not only ruined his own career, but DLR's as well!!!!! That's the way I look at it - so he's a fuckin Prick in my eyes.

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 02:42 PM
    Liked 1,085 Times in 727 Posts

Premium Member
    Originally posted by YankeeRose:
    There is no way that David would ever work with John Sykes again IMO. Coverdale has said many times that he can't stand him. The tour will probably be with Adrian Vandenberg.
    Coverdale may as well get Vivian Campbell back. He's being wasted in Def Leppard.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Favorite VH Album

Dave stuff
    Favorite VH Song

Can\'t just have one...
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Slip of the Tongue with Vai is the only Whitesnake album I've ever owned, for obvious reasons. Otherwise I always thought they were ultra lame. Coverdale's only hope would be to bring back some former members or be the next Axel.
    "I read somewhere that 77 per cent of all the mentally ill live in poverty. Actually, I'm more intrigued by the 23 per cent who are apparently doing<br />quite well for themselves." - Jerry Garcia (Grateful Dead)