Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bryan Adams

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 08:10 PM
    Liked 1,343 Times in 921 Posts

Anybody still like this guy? Anybody ever like this guy? I thought he had a good run with Cuts Like A Knife, Reckless and Into The Fire, and even You Want It, You Got It has some good stuff on it, but it started going downhill for me with Waking Up The Neighbours - album never bowled me over - I think there are too many songs on it for starters - and then I haven't gotten any albums after that. But I still like his old stuff - been playing all those albums today, even his first album which, while not as bad as I remembered, still sounds like one of those cheesy teen-flick knock-off soundtracks among other things.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Fools
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah, I still like his work a lot.

And I love his "Waking Up The Neighbours" album. Some great tracks you might want to try:

3. Can't Stop This Thing We Started
    4. Thought I'd Died And Gone To Heaven
    8. Do I Have To Say The Words?
    9. There Will Never Be Another Tonight
    12. (Everything I Do) I Do It For You

And I loved that Robin Hood movie that track 12 was featured in.

I also really like:

Summer Of '69
    Straight From The Heart
    Run To You
    Heaven
    Cuts Like A Knife
    Somebody
    Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman?
    Please Forgive Me

It kind of ticked me off when Lonestar ripped off part of "Please Forgive Me" at the beginning of their song "Amazed":

Compare not only the lyrics, but the melody to the following two lines of each (if you can suffer through Lonestar's hick-ass goo-goo-goo-ishness, that is--I can't blame you if you can't):

From "Please Forgive Me":

The first time our eyes met/It's the same feeling I get

From "Amazed":

Everytime our eyes meet/This feeling inside me

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

saw Bryan Adams open for Journey back when he was just getting started...then again in the early 90's, just after that "Robin Hood" song came out...he's always got a good backing band, usually solid CD's, even though he does get sappy sometimes.
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Nowadays, Bryan Adams is making the rounds in promotion of the new animated feature "Spirit". I saw a thing on E! about how he did the whole soundtrack LIVE as the film audience at the Cannes Festival watched the flick.

The songs were a lot like "Young Guns" meets "Robin Hood".

OK for a kids' flick, but not much like the days when he was doing "Cuts Like A Knife".
    "Once the final BAN has been completed I will ban myself." -OLO, March 21, 2002
    "The price of the steak sandwich over there is ridiculous!!" -Glenn, March 3, 2003
    "Hang on, I'll go ask everybody and be right back." -seenbad, March 11, 2003

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

I used to like Bryan Adams a lot when I was a kid. I hardly listen to him anymore though. The album that he did that I really like is his Unplugged Album. Back To You is a great tune!

I also liked the album Waking Up The Neighbours a lot. Although, I find that a lot of his songs sound the same, so I get sick of him. He's good though. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Cuts like a knife... hmm. One of my classic albums. Straight from the heart was one of my favorite songs for a couple years there. Great album.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, Fair Warning, Diver Down, 1984, OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk, Mean Street, Jump, Feels So Good, The Seventh Seal
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I used to like him... his work until 1991 that is.

From that point on he got too sappy and shitty for me. [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]

I also used to love Summer Of '69 but now I'm pretty sick of it due to the fact that it gets overplayed as hell over here. I can't stand it at all anymore.

Stuff like Run To You is still cool tho. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    I'm a Dirty-Faced Kid... so could some cute female do me the favor and lick me clean, please?!<br /><br />"Nobody rules these streets at night but me... the ATOMIC PUNK!" - DLR (1978)<br /><br />"This must be just like living in paradise... and I don't wanna go home" - DLR (1988)<br /><br />"So put it off until judgment day... I bear the cross on judgment day" - Sammy Hagar (1991)<br /><br />Obey the DFK!<br /><br /><b>IF YOU'RE DFK... YOU'RE DFK 4 LIFE!</b>

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 08:10 PM
    Liked 1,343 Times in 921 Posts

My friends and I saw him in 1982 opening for Foreigner and we agreed he was good (although we couldn't remember his name - think we thought it was Greg Adams! But when "Cuts Like A Knife" came out we knew who he was!). The think about Waking Up The Neighbours is in a lot of the songs - whether it's intentional or not - he sounds like Def Leppard. Bryan's voice sounds a little different than usual and a little like Elliot's, the background vocals are similar to Lep's - only difference is there's more of an organ in Adam's music. Don't know if that's a Mutt Lange thing or not. And as I mentioned before I just think the album's too long - should've just picked the 10 best tracks as normal. Danger of the CD age - not the only artist to try and fill the CD! Also should've put some songs from You Want It, You Got It such as "Lonely Nights", "Fits Ya Good" & "One Good Reason" on So Far So Good. And "Diana" - has that made an album yet? In its original form?

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Ya know, its funny. The only time I saw him live was when I was in the Navy, and we were in port in U.A.E. (united arab emirates). His show was actually sold out. We couldn't believe it. We didn't think we would have any problem getting bryan adams tickets in fucking abu dhabi. Well, this simply would not do. [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] We ended up sneaking in .....FROM THE ROOF! It kicked ass. We went in through a vent that took us to the places attic type of place, then dropped down into the hallway/bathroom area completely unseen. Then we just walked our asses directly to the front row like we belonged there. We weren't really die hard Adams fans or anything, but damn, whats a guy supposed to do for fun in the desert on a friday night? It was a kick.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

One of my favorite video's is the one for Thought I'd Died And Gone To Heaven.

It's got a bunch of dolphins jumping in a big field with the band playing. I always loved that video. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

Originally posted by seenbad:
    Ya know, its funny. The only time I saw him live was when I was in the Navy, and we were in port in U.A.E. (united arab emirates). His show was actually sold out. We couldn't believe it. We didn't think we would have any problem getting bryan adams tickets in fucking abu dhabi. Well, this simply would not do. [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] We ended up sneaking in .....FROM THE ROOF! It kicked ass. We went in through a vent that took us to the places attic type of place, then dropped down into the hallway/bathroom area completely unseen. Then we just walked our asses directly to the front row like we belonged there. We weren't really die hard Adams fans or anything, but damn, whats a guy supposed to do for fun in the desert on a friday night? It was a kick.
    That is a cool story. It sounds like Mission Impossible meets Bryan Adams.

-- John Entwistle

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

You know, my old band played four songs of his back in the 80's. Good stuff and easy to learn plus they sounded good with little or no effort. He's sort of the Canadian Huey Lewis.

But let's face it, this is the eleventh reply in 122 views which sums up the guy's career.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad, Hang 'em High
    Last Online

11.28.17 @ 10:56 AM
    Liked 2,848 Times in 1,230 Posts

Premium Member
    Seen, that is a great story!!! Truely awesome, bud.... [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Cuts like a knife... hmm. One of my classic albums. Straight from the heart was one of my favorite songs for a couple years there. Great album.
    seen, what a memory record that is for me!! hit the nail there, dude!
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Fools
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

For those who are interested, Bryan Adams has released a new album (as of May 14, 2002), called:

Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron (Score) [SOUNDTRACK]

Amazon is asking $12.99 for it.

I just found out about it after hearing the track "Here I Am" while surfing an easy listening station. That particular tune wasn't all that great IMO; it had a slow dance percussion mix in it and was very laid back. In fact, it seems that all of the songs are pretty laid back based on the 30-second sound clips I listened to on Amazon.com, except for "Get Off My Back". However, this album was written with Hans Zimmer, and it is a soundtrack album...It just doesn't seem as though they were intending to release a rock 'n roll album.

I think I'll pass on this one. However, the reviews I saw on Amazon all rated it pretty highly, but everyone who reviewed it seemed to be placing the tunes in the context of what was going on in the movie.