Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

PAUL STANLEY: "I Would Love To See KISS Continue Without Any Original Members" - June 24, 2002

If the absence of original drummer Peter Criss and guitarist Ace Frehley weren't enough, KISS frontman Paul Stanley recently gave his blessings to the possibility of the band continuing without ANY of the original members. Said Stanley: "I've always believed that KISS is bigger than any one member and I hope, and would love it if the band would ultimately continue without ANY of the original members as long as the band's philosophy, attitude and music were the foundation of its continuation."

The singer also confirmed reports of KISS reuniting with producer Bob Ezrin for the group's next studio CD, which is rumored to be in the works for a 2003 release through an as-yet-undisclosed independent label. "Bob Ezrin is a producer's producer," said Paul. "He is one of the few long-term successes who not only has a clear musical vision, but also is a multi instrumentalist and songwriter who beyond making criticisms can always come up with suggestions and alternatives. Eddie Kramer's greatest contribution to KISS was his participation in recording KISS Alive. Given the opportunity to do another studio album, Bob Ezrin would always be the natural choice."
    ".....and Harry Potter and all of his wizard-friends went to Hell for practicing Witchcraft. The End." -Ned Flander's version of reading "Harry Potter" to Rod and Todd.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 11:16 PM
    Liked 65 Times in 36 Posts

Premium Member
    These dudes are a worry!
    A little zen....... Headed your way.......

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 11:16 PM
    Liked 65 Times in 36 Posts

Premium Member
    Now hang on. I got a theory, and I nearly broke my brain coming up with this.. Stanley-think isnt a good place for a mind to be..

...If DLR was to quit his current band, And they were to hire Ralph Saenz for example, would that mean Van Halen had reunited ?

'scuse me now, I got a sudden urge to rub money on my genitalia...
    A little zen....... Headed your way.......

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by Goo:
    'scuse me now, I got a sudden urge to rub money on my genitalia...
    [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]

That sounds like an extremely personal problem, dude.
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 02:16 PM
    Liked 1,461 Times in 897 Posts

Give me a break! What a dumb statement. If there are no original members, how can you call them the same name? The Temptations have one original member left, yet they still use the name. I guess you have to take it on a band by band basis but no original members, c'mon? Can you imagine Bruce Kulick and Eric Singer getting a no name bassist and lead singer and calling themselves KISS?
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up
    Last Online

01.23.09 @ 11:26 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

OK, this is gonna get flamed for sure.. but;
    it's not a very far fetched idea for KISS, the band, to continue with no original members & here is the singular & very unique reason why;
    The band is made up of charactors in costume & makeup! Now, of corse you couldnt call them Gene, Paul, Peter & Ace, but StarChild, Demon, SpaceAce & CatMan? As stupid an idea as it may seem at first, if you kick it around a little & think about it, it could very well happen. Put it THIS way; they are HALF way there NOW!
    Plstrcast everywhere else, Smudge NYC here.. so kiss my arse!<br /><br /><a href="http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smudgenyc" target="_blank">http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smudgenyc</a>

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

how about four new characters, four new painted faces ...but still loads of fireworks,energy and good music.....is that too hard to swallow? after all its like a fantasy adventure.......a journey..........lets keep it going.........no problem!!but as far as VH go thats a different story lets get back what it was all about.......the music ......and from Eddie,Alex,Michael & yes, Dave did start it too so lets go.............and rock and roll ...........just for ol' times sake......can you imagine? with todays sorry ass music and pop culture, manufactured bands and crap........WE WANT VAN HALEN ..............!!!!!

Favorite VH Album

All 7 of them!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

11.30.16 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Paul Stanley is in dreamland.

If he thinks KISS can continue and maintain any success with either two Peter and Ace imposters in makeup or without it, then he must be on crack.

Another non-makeup run by KISS would not appeal to anyone (besides some few hard-core fans) and would sell peanuts in terms of concert tickets.

A makeup version with Peter and Ace IMPOSTERS (as what they seem to want to do now) has already been rejected by fans.
    This too would not be a success by any means.

Paul Stanley should just give up on KISS.

Besides, Gene seems too busy with his magazine and all his other projects.

KISS is done. Let's hope they stop descecrating the original band by having other guys in Peter and Ace's makeup (which is dumb).

That's like Dave calling his solo band "Van Halen" and having Ray wear shades like Alex, Brian striping his guitar like Eddie, and James playing a JD bass.
    EUAS

www.rotharmy.com

*VV*
    ole No.1
    The finest.

"The Showstoppa!!"

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

They could call themselves SCABSS
    ".....and Harry Potter and all of his wizard-friends went to Hell for practicing Witchcraft. The End." -Ned Flander's version of reading "Harry Potter" to Rod and Todd.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Originally posted by FanHalen:
    They could call themselves SCABSS
    *LOL*

or, $CAB$$...
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:18 PM
    Liked 1,083 Times in 725 Posts

Premium Member
    Originally posted by Raldo:
    Give me a break! What a dumb statement. If there are no original members, how can you call them the same name? The Temptations have one original member left, yet they still use the name. I guess you have to take it on a band by band basis but no original members, c'mon? Can you imagine Bruce Kulick and Eric Singer getting a no name bassist and lead singer and calling themselves KISS?
    Gene Simmons would never allow that trademark infringement.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

"Romeo Delight" & "Cabo Wabo"
    Last Online

09.21.15 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's not so much a "far-fetched idea" as it is a total and utter rip-off to the many fans that bought into the idea that KISS was actually calling it a day.

The merchandise thing doesn't bug me too much, although some of the items are a bit ridiculous. There's still merchandise being pumped out on a daily basis for people like Elvis & The Beatles, but what KISS has done to the fans, the fans they claim to love so much, is inexcusable.

Gene himself has claimed to always tell the truth, yet everyone knows he was less than forthcoming when he was discussing "Psycho Circus", and even tried dodging the bullet a few times when finally confronted about studio musicians filling in for Peter, Ace, and even himself. Seems like the only person that had an actual active roll in that album was Paul.

Now, comes the news that KISS is probably going to continue with a new studio album, most likely with Eric Singer and Tommy Thayer. Just don't do it with the makeup. It's no wonder Peter and Ace left them. They're obviously just as sick and tired of their lies as well. At least they had the good sense to get out, and not want to continue any lie to the general public.

Regardless what Gene says, it's painfully obvious the love of the mighty dollar is more important to them than their fan base.
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

"This is a lttle prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this: Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen. ."

"I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."

-George Carlin 1937 - 2008

Favorite VH Album

All 7 of them!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

11.30.16 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by Vince G.:
    It's not so much a "far-fetched idea" as it is a total and utter rip-off to the many fans that bought into the idea that KISS was actually calling it a day.

The merchandise thing doesn't bug me too much, although some of the items are a bit ridiculous. There's still merchandise being pumped out on a daily basis for people like Elvis & The Beatles, but what KISS has done to the fans, the fans they claim to love so much, is inexcusable.

Gene himself has claimed to always tell the truth, yet everyone knows he was less than forthcoming when he was discussing "Psycho Circus", and even tried dodging the bullet a few times when finally confronted about studio musicians filling in for Peter, Ace, and even himself. Seems like the only person that had an actual active roll in that album was Paul.

Now, comes the news that KISS is probably going to continue with a new studio album, most likely with Eric Singer and Tommy Thayer. Just don't do it with the makeup. It's no wonder Peter and Ace left them. They're obviously just as sick and tired of their lies as well. At least they had the good sense to get out, and not want to continue any lie to the general public.

Regardless what Gene says, it's painfully obvious the love of the mighty dollar is more important to them than their fan base.
    Well said Vince.

But talking from a business standpoint, any KISS besides one with Ace (and a lesser extent Peter) would be a failure.

This isn't 1983 anymore. They can't just get interest because they took off the makeup (WE ALREADY KNOW WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE!!)like they did back then.

But then that wore off too.

I just hope they stop having other players dress up as Ace and Peter.

Hey, I would have loved it if they gave Eric Singer a new makeup design while still having Ace in the band.

As far as the GREAT music, and the GREAT riffs of early KISS, its all Ace.
    EUAS

www.rotharmy.com

*VV*
    ole No.1
    The finest.

"The Showstoppa!!"

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.19.12 @ 01:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

This doesn't surprise me at all.

I have always thought that at some point, KISS would become a franchise and there would be several versions running around the world.
    "The sound of Van Halen was meant to spill out, all over your stereo and ruin the rest of your record collection "...David Lee Roth

Check out one of the best bands to come out of Arizona. Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers. www.rogerclyne.net

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Sinner\'s Swing!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Someone fill me in. I knew that Peter was gone because they kept touring and he couldn't stand the grind but when did Ace leave and why? Sorry to be so stupid about the matter. Hince why I am on this forum.