Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
    Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

10.25.16 @ 04:29 AM
    Liked 814 Times in 561 Posts

Premium Member
    We got this channel with our digital cable a short while ago, and I'm diggin' having it - no real commercials, just a few VH1/M-TV promos every hour - all the rest is videos I've long forgotten or never seen. I've seen stuff I never remember seeing on M-TV, stuff that predated M-TV, but still, you'd think they could've played it back when the "M" stood for "music". The Cars - "My Best Friends Girl", Van Halen - "You Really Got Me", Rolling Stones - "Miss You" - didn't get M-TV 'til '83 or '84, but I don't remember seeing videos like that on there. Do think they could play T-Rex's "Bang A Gong" a lot less often. Still waiting to see "Intruder/(Oh) Pretty Woman" or the Oakland videos - anybody else see any other old VH on there? Anybody else enjoying this channel?

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

10.24.16 @ 04:22 PM
    Liked 131 Times in 84 Posts

I also think it's great! But I agree that they play Bang A Gong way too much! [img]redface.gif[/img]

DLR era VH video's
    that I have seen are.... So This Is Love?, Pretty Woman, and Unchained.

I have seen a lot of cool stuff, on that channel like... Is This Love by Whitesnake, Poison by Alice, and Fire Woman and Edie by The Cult. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I like Tuesday Two Play the best, because you know that they are going to play another song by the same group next.

I have found that they were playing a lot of songs and groups I don't like this week though. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Hot For Teacher

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, FWYS
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Good call. However Like the original VH1, VH1 Classic pisses me off a lot too. They have too much an appreciation for shitty 80's bands. When I got VH1 Classic, I also got MTV 2 and MTV X. There is a good balance to be found between the 3. MTV X plays a lot of VH and Stones, but no Journey. Both MTV X and VH1 classic play both the Roth and Hagar pretty equally. They also play solo videos by both. Even though it's always California Girls, Just a Gigolo and Mas Tequila.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've got VH-1 classic on right now. Sometimes I let treat it like a radio and don't watch it (unless something good comes on), other times I turn the sound off and play something else...I've seen a couple of the Oakland clips--"Unchained" and another one, can't remember which...also of course Hot For Teacher. I have yet to see "Pretty Woman" but of course I'm dying to...the live 5150 stuff and the sappy "When It's Love" vids are always worth a look...
    I think it's a great station although I could do without heavy rotation of those Aretha Franklin Diva clips...the woman looks like she's dying of obesity and I hate seeing her try to outsing Mary J Blige or whoeva...The James Gang was on recently and damn that was cool.
    The shitty 80s vids are really's amazing how low rent they were.
    They're playing Janet's "Miss You Much" right now. Whoops!
    (pretty smile)