Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

FW,WACF,Van Halen 1, FUCK,Balance,5150
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL,Not Enough
    Last Online

06.16.05 @ 08:22 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Approximately 9:00 a.m. on the morning of March 19th, Andrew Aycock took Rachel Youngblood and Randy Rhoads up for a few minutes. During this trip the plane began to fly low to the ground, at times below tree level, and "buzzed" the bands tour bus three times. On the fourth pass (banking to the left in a south-west direction) the planes left wing struck the left side of the bands tour bus (parked facing east) puncturing it in two places approximately half way down on the right side of the bus. The plane, with the exception of the left wing, was thrown over the bus, hit a nearby pine tree, severing it approximately 10 feet up from the bottom, before it crashed into the garage on the west side of the home owned by Jerry Calhoun. The plane was an estimated 10 feet off the ground traveling at approximately 120 - 150 knots during impact. The house was almost immediately engulfed in flames and destroyed by the crash and ensuing fire, as was the garage and the two vehicles inside, an Oldsmobile and a Ford Granada. Jesse Herndon, who was inside the house during the impact, escaped with no injuries. The largest piece of the plane that was left was a wing section about 6 to 7 feet long. The very wing that caught the side of the tour bus, was deposited just to the north of the bus. The severed pine tree stood between the bus and the house.

I got that from this site if you want to read his entire Biography. Randy Rhoads Tribute Is a really good web site. Hardly a day goes by when I dont' sing and Ozzy and Randy Tune in my head. As a musican I can think of no other influence that has impacted me more than Randy, Hearing Eddie made me want to play, hearing Randy made me want to write and reach that next level. He never did drugs and rarely drank even when he was with Ozzy, which I imagine was not easy. And he Loved music above all else, he was gonna turn away from the Rock life style to get a degree, that says alot about him. I hope one day I can be half the musican and person Randy Rhoads was, he will be missed. I don't mean to sound dramatic or anything, just telling the truth.

Sorry about spelling his name wrong one of my best friends last name is Rhodes. One of those Variations that slips my mind every now and then.

[ March 19, 2002 at 04:40 PM: Message edited by: NxtVanHalen. ]</p>

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

God Bless You Randy!!!!

I bet he's having a great time jamming with Hendrix, Lennon, Morrison, Ray Vaugh, Bonham, Bon Scott, Steve Clarke, Cliff Burton, George Harrison!!!!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 04:50 PM
    Liked 11,568 Times in 4,931 Posts

RIP Randy. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

Such a talent.

Nobody inspired me to play more than Ed, but Randy really opened up my eyes to the realm of possibilities. Amazing player.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, Fair Warning, Diver Down, 1984, OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk, Mean Street, Jump, Feels So Good, The Seventh Seal
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

R. I. P. Randy! [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]
    I'm a Dirty-Faced Kid... so could some cute female do me the favor and lick me clean, please?!<br /><br />"Nobody rules these streets at night but me... the ATOMIC PUNK!" - DLR (1978)<br /><br />"This must be just like living in paradise... and I don't wanna go home" - DLR (1988)<br /><br />"So put it off until judgment day... I bear the cross on judgment day" - Sammy Hagar (1991)<br /><br />Obey the DFK!<br /><br /><b>IF YOU'RE DFK... YOU'RE DFK 4 LIFE!</b>

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

03.22.09 @ 10:18 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I can't belive it's been 20 years

I listened to Tribute today

R.I.P Randy Rhoads

[ March 19, 2002 at 03:07 PM: Message edited by: Pasadena Murdock ]</p>
    “I made some mistakes tonight but we sing and play our f***ing instruments. Accept no substitute “ Tom Petty at the Darien Lake Performing Arts Center July 3, 2002

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

All of them pretty much
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks Randy For Bringing great music [img]smile.gif[/img] . i listened to tribute last night and right now, you need to listen to this.

Hope to meet you in heaven Randy. we all miss you. and its RHOADS not rhodes but no mistake.

and i really think i'm the only one who felt depressed all day thinking about it. and cry about it. its a hormone thing. well i'm rambling, so

WE love you randy, forever, and always from Mean_Street

ps, i'm naming my future son after Randy because i admit that he is my #1 Guitarist this week (or forever?) if you could talk to me about Randy right now in real life i'd say a lot.

[ March 19, 2002 at 03:54 PM: Message edited by: Mean_Street ]</p>
    This is home, this is Mean Street!<br /><br /><b><br />Then one year you find ten years have gotten behind, no one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun. - Pink Floyd, Time</b><br /><br />"Everyone knows that Van Halen with Roth is the only real Van Halen."- Mike Tramp<br /><br /><a href="http://www.vhforums.com/vhlforum/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=001366&p=66#00 1635" target="_blank"> OBEY THE DFK!!</a>

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

All of them pretty much
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yes, thats Ozzys Hand......

[ March 19, 2002 at 04:14 PM: Message edited by: Mean_Street ]</p>
    This is home, this is Mean Street!<br /><br /><b><br />Then one year you find ten years have gotten behind, no one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun. - Pink Floyd, Time</b><br /><br />"Everyone knows that Van Halen with Roth is the only real Van Halen."- Mike Tramp<br /><br /><a href="http://www.vhforums.com/vhlforum/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=001366&p=66#00 1635" target="_blank"> OBEY THE DFK!!</a>

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

All of them pretty much
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

All of them pretty much
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

03.22.09 @ 10:18 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I am sorry but that is horrible I did not want to know that information. Coroanor reports are a little much
    “I made some mistakes tonight but we sing and play our f***ing instruments. Accept no substitute “ Tom Petty at the Darien Lake Performing Arts Center July 3, 2002

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

All of them pretty much
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i'll take it off

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

All of them pretty much
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

^^^^^^^I Love the expression on Randy and Ozzys Face ^^^^^^

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

All of them pretty much
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

heres an article on The Day The Music Died

heres what it says:

Leesburg - Randy Rhoads played a major part in the bizarre creative impulses of the Ozzy Osbourne rock group. The widely-acclaimed British guitarist, who died yesterday morning in a fiery plane crash here, was called a "musician’s musician" in Record Magazine’s March issue. Rhoads, 25, who lived in Burbank, Calif., joined the Osbourne group without even auditioning, group leader Osbourne is quoted as saying. "He was only tuning up his guitar when I said, ‘You’ve got the gig. Phenomenal!" Osbourne said, "I have a feeling about people. You could be the greatest player in the world, but if you haven’t got the feeling that I want to get, I don’t go for it. Randy (had) presence." Rhoads and two other people - Andrew Aycock, 36, of Leesburg, the plane’s pilot, and a hairdresser for the group, Rachel Youngblood, 58, of Los Angeles - were killed when the Beechcraft Bonanza they were in clipped the Osbourne tour bus, splintered a pine tree and slammed in the side of a house at Flying Baron Estates, three miles west of the city on a private airfield. Witnesses said the plane circled the airport low three times and on the third pass fell below the tree line and hit the bus. An autopsy is scheduled to be performed this weekend to determine whether the victims were killed on impact or burned to death in the resulting fire. The plush traveling bus, equipped with stereo, television and video games, received minor damage. Several broken side windows and a punctured side panel were evidence of the disaster. The two story house owned by Voncile Calhoun is considered to be a total loss. The roof, upper bedrooms and garage were completely gutted by fire. Firefighters on the scene said there was probably structural damage to the concrete block walls of the home. Two cars, an Oldsmobile and a Ford Granada, were also destroyed when the plane hit the wall and splashed gasoline over the area. The group was in the Central Florida area to play at the Tangerine Bowl’s annual event, Rock Superbowl XIV, scheduled to begin Saturday morning at 11 a.m. with such groups as Foreigner, Bryan Adams and UFO. Osbourne canceled the group’s appearance Friday evening a spokesman for the promoters, Beachclub Productions, said, adding that anyone with tickets may get a refund if they wished, though the show will go on as scheduled. At the crash site, one victim was found outside the window of the garage, just below where the plane struck the wall, while the other two were inside, one beside and one atop the burned out automobiles. Fiberglass from the explosive impact of the plane was scattered over more than an acre, with no part of the plane larger than a telephone except the one crumpled wing which hit the bus. Four persons in the bus, including John Michael "Ozzy" Osbourne himself, plus two more in the house, escaped the flames, and later the group found rooms at Leesburg’s Hilco Inn, remaining in seclusion. Sheriff’s Department spokesman said they were shaken and upset. Rhoads was voted Best New Guitarist by Guitar Player magazine poll and chosen as England’s Best Heavy Metal Guitarist for 1981 by Sounds magazine. Rhoads and another band member, Rudy Sarzo, a bass player, were also veterans of Quiet Riot, a group which had two successful albums in Japan, but couldn’t get an American contract. Osbourne is well known for his bizarre stage antics and special effects; such as biting the heads from bats and doves and "hanging" a man on stage until he is "dead". Osbourne has been called "a true geek in a world of make-believe sickies...a hulking, mugging, leering parody of a devil worshiper" in magazine articles. However, beneath his gross exterior lies some creative talent, and he and Rhoads put together two cult albums, "The Blizzard of Ozz" and "Diary of a Madman." plus another that is scheduled to be released soon. Rhoads was instrumental in writing and arranging many of the album’s songs with Osbourne and others. Osbourne himself is a veteran Heavy-Metal performer. He was previously with Black Sabbath, with whom he broke two years ago. While Sheriff’s Department investigators work and a Federal Aviation Authority representative flew in to determine the cause of the crash, fans may well be contemplating the irony of one of Rhoads' and Osbourne’s last songs, "Flying high Again." and it’s lyrics:

"Got a crazy feeling I don’t understand - Gotta get away from here

Feeling like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground - Waiting for the sun to appear."

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 04:50 PM
    Liked 11,568 Times in 4,931 Posts

MS - We already told you to NOT post that damn autopsy report on here. If you have some morbid curiousity to know the the gruesome details of Randy's remains, that's your parents' problem. I don't want to see a link to anything having to do with that anymore, people are bothered by it. Are we clear on that?
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

All of them pretty much
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i'm sorry, - and if you think i'm kidding about the saddness i've been feeling- everything is true. i'm sorry Brett