Register
    Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

"Romeo Delight" & "Cabo Wabo"
    Last Online

09.21.15 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just got in from The Who concert at Verizon Wireless (formerly Irvive Meadows) Amphitheater. Fuck....what a show! I think tonight was my first "real" concert. These guys were unbelievable! Pino Palladino was great on the bass, and Zakk Starkey was a monster on the drums. I honestly think Keith Moon was reincarnated in Zakk. To say he was "phenomenol" would be an understatement. Pete Townshend performed like it was The Who at their peak in the 70's, signature windmills and all. Hard to believe that man was playing like he was 20 years old. And, despite how off his voice has been in the past, Roger Daltrey's vocals were dead-on. He hit that trademark scream at the end of "Won't Get Fooled Again" and you'd swear it was the CD. The crowd went absolutely wild. Set list:

I Can't Explain
    Substitute
    Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere
    Who Are You
    Another Tricky Day
    Relay
    Bargain
    Baba o'Riley
    I'm One
    Sea and Sand (I think...)
    5:15
    Love Reign O'er Me
    Behind Blue Eyes
    You Better, You Bet
    The Kids Are Alright
    My Generation
    Won't Get Fooled Again

***encore***

Pinball Wizard (plugged in, not the acoustic crap Pete's known for playing)
    Amazing Journey
    Sparks (I literally shit my pants when they played this)
    See Me, Feel Me

Pete took time out to blast Vegas and the Hard Rock Hotel, prior to introducing the band, calling both of them "shitholes", since they played at The Joint in Vegas last night. He said he couldn't believe people would want to spend money to stay in "fucking hotel rooms filled with photos of dead people", who were "once my friends". Seems he really had it out for the HRH tonight. In between the set and the encore, the video screen showed photos of John Entwistle, getting a great reaction from the crowd. The energy they put forth had to have been seen to be believed. Simon Townshend played backup guitar and assisted on the high notes for backing vocals. The sound was right on as well. And, since JBL is sponsoring this tour, I'm sure that had soemthing to do wih it. I've been to quite a few shows in the past at Verizon, back when it was known as Irvone Meadows, and the sound wasn't all that great. Tonight's sound, though, was a major improvement over anything else I've experienced at that venue.

Tonight, I witnessed was probably going to be the *best* concert I will ever attend. And, unfortunately, I also witnessed what will probably be the very final Who tour ever. My first Who concert was my last. I don't think any other show I go to from here on out will ever be able to measure up to what I saw tonight. It was money well spent.

[ September 16, 2002, 02:41 AM: Message edited by: Vince G. ]
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

"This is a lttle prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this: Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen. ."

"I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."

-George Carlin 1937 - 2008

Top Of The World
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

How was Counting Crows?

Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

They had to cancel due to an illness in the band.

Oh....darn!
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

"This is a lttle prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this: Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen. ."

"I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

Many
    Last Online

05.12.06 @ 06:39 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I seen them in IL. Unbelievable show. 3rd time for me seeing them and easily the best. Love Reign O'er Me was surprisingly my favorite song of the night. And your right, everyone was dead on. I really hope it's not their last tour, their live show is actually better than their albums imo. Maybe I'll pick up a quality bootleg somewhere from this last tour. It was just amazing.
    I am awesome

Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Unchained Wolfie:
    I seen them in IL. Unbelievable show. Maybe I'll pick up a quality bootleg somewhere from this last tour. It was just amazing.
    How about an "official" quality bootleg?

Go here:

http://www.themusic.com/thewho/info....TOKEN=84409135

Top Of The World
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

They had to cancel due to an illness in the band
    Well, I wasn't beign sarcastic, I really like CC, one of my favorite of the 90's era bands. I would have been less than happy, cause they would have been half of the reason I'd go. Of the '4 basic food groups', I'd rank the Who my least favorite, behind Zep, The Beatles, and the Stones.